Goodbye TdF on OLN

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>> Note that these ratings are higher than hockey. Suppose that says more
>> about hockey than cycling.
>>
>> "wimpyVO2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> No more Lance so lots of Americans aren't watching any more:
>>>
>>> "Through the first four stages, viewership of OLN's live Tour coverage
>>> has tumbled 49 percent to 207,544 people. Combined viewership of the
>>> live show and its daily repeats has plunged by 47 percent to 749,472."

>Does anyone realize that we're talking about rating for a live
>TV show that is occuring during the working hours of most Americans?
>Or does anyone also realize that many people don't get OLN because it
>is a Comcast channel?

One of the good things OLN does is that they re-braodcast the coverage multiple
times a day. So even if you are gainfully employed, you can still get your
TDF fix.
--------------
Alex

> One of the good things OLN does is that they re-braodcast the coverage
multiple
> times a day. So even if you are gainfully employed, you can still get

your
> TDF fix.
> --------------
> Alex

What about the fishermen and rodeo fans, what do they do when there is
wall to wall cycling?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:29:39 GMT, "Crescentius Vespasianus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> One of the good things OLN does is that they re-braodcast the coverage

>multiple
>> times a day. So even if you are gainfully employed, you can still get

>your
>> TDF fix.
>> --------------
>> Alex

> What about the fishermen and rodeo fans, what do they do when there is
>wall to wall cycling?

Fish and run with the bulls.

That's why having the Tour in December would be a lot better. Maybe
January after the holidays in the U.S.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> That's why having the Tour in December would be a lot better. Maybe
> January after the holidays in the U.S.

A cyclocross tour of france ?

> Fish and run with the bulls.
>
> That's why having the Tour in December would be a lot better. Maybe
> January after the holidays in the U.S.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

Don't forget deer hunting.

The Tour in December - yeah, that's the ticket - in the Pyrenees, in
the snow. I haven't ever seen studded bike tires.... LOL.

N.

Donald Munro wrote:
> Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>
>>That's why having the Tour in December would be a lot better. Maybe
>>January after the holidays in the U.S.

> A cyclocross tour of france ?

Another thing Lance did first.

On 11 Jul 2006 07:08:43 -0700, "Nancy2" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The Tour in December - yeah, that's the ticket - in the Pyrenees, in
>the snow. I haven't ever seen studded bike tires.... LOL.

Piggy back it on the whole survivalist thing. Bjarne could take his
training camps to a whole new level.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Nancy2 wrote:
>>Fish and run with the bulls.
>>
>>That's why having the Tour in December would be a lot better. Maybe
>>January after the holidays in the U.S.
>>
>>Curtis L. Russell
>>Odenton, MD (USA)
>>Just someone on two wheels...

> Don't forget deer hunting.
>
> The Tour in December - yeah, that's the ticket - in the Pyrenees, in
> the snow. I haven't ever seen studded bike tires.... LOL.

You haven't looked very hard.

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/studdedtires.asp

(They work great on ice!)

Mark

> One of the good things OLN does is that they re-braodcast the coverage
> multiple times a day. So even if you are gainfully employed, you can
> still get your TDF fix.
> --------------
> Alex

According to the OP, The numbers were about live coverage.

Bill

--
---
William O'Hara

On 07/13/2006 05:52 AM, in article
[email protected], "William O'Hara"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> One of the good things OLN does is that they re-braodcast the coverage
>> multiple times a day. So even if you are gainfully employed, you can
>> still get your TDF fix.
>> --------------
>> Alex
>>

> According to the OP, The numbers were about live coverage.

According to the OP, the numbers were down all around ... For both the live
coverage AND the repeats.

"wimpyVO2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No more Lance so lots of Americans aren't watching any more:
>
> "Through the first four stages, viewership of OLN's live Tour coverage
> has tumbled 49 percent to 207,544 people. Combined viewership of the
> live show and its daily repeats has plunged by 47 percent to 749,472."

The question is, have rbr posts dropped 49 percent over the same period?

--
Snippy