Heart rate monitor?

John Burns

Guest
I'm looking for a heart rate monitor with a display I can stick next to
my cycle computer. My computer is a Shimano Flightdeck and shows my gear
positions, so I don't want to change it for one with an integrated
monitor.

Not bothered about one with data logging or anything clever, just the
basics and something that won't break the bank :)

Any reccomendations?

--
Who needs a life when you've got Unix? :)
Email: [email protected], John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland

John Burns wrote:

> I'm looking for a heart rate monitor with a display I can stick next
> to my cycle computer. My computer is a Shimano Flightdeck and shows
> my gear positions, so I don't want to change it for one with an
> integrated monitor.
>
> Not bothered about one with data logging or anything clever, just the
> basics and something that won't break the bank :)
>
> Any reccomendations?

Anything by Sigma. I used a Sigma PC1600 which is quite good. Cheaper
models are available, like the PC-3 and PC-4. I think the PC1600 has
been discontinued

I finally chucked out my flightdeck and got a Polar S720i. Does
everything and I can download the data to see how lazy I've been. I can
see what gear I'm in by looking...

--
Mike
Van Tuyl titanium Dura ace 10

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 18:40:53 +0100, John Burns
<[email protected]> wrote:

[---]

>Not bothered about one with data logging or anything clever, just the
>basics and something that won't break the bank :)

Decathlon has one:

<http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/cw-basic-black-10309278/>

which certainly won't break the bank, although the monitor is in
wristwatch format rather than bar-mounted.