How many of you carry a gun as part of your cycling equipment?

DarkRider said:
I take my SigSaur 229 everywhere I can legally, including on camping trips where I may go on bike rides...

sorry, but I think the 2nd amendment is about as clear as any part of the constitution.... heck if we can find abortion in there.. anything is possible. :confused: :rolleyes:

So what is the second ammendment?

Everyone has the right to shoot people who annoy them while riding a bike? (thats assuming they have time to stop, get off, unhook their gun from their licra pocket undo the safety and fire). LOL

Oh, and that's also assuming that the person who raised they're ire didn't upset them by running them off the road. Because then they'll be 3 suburbs away instead of 2 before you can shoot at them.

More laughter.

mitosis said:

Everyone has the right to shoot people who annoy them while riding a bike? (thats assuming they have time to stop, get off, unhook their gun from their licra pocket undo the safety and fire). LOL

Oh, and that's also assuming that the person who raised they're ire didn't upset them by running them off the road. Because then they'll be 3 suburbs away instead of 2 before you can shoot at them.

More laughter.

The Second Amendment is a holy law of God, immutable and unarguable, unlike blasphemous fantasy like evolution and legal abortion. "I shoot therefore I am" is a statement of red neck identity. Apparently being able to cycle whilst carrying a gun for self protection is an evolutionary advantage that those who live in less civilised climes don't appreciate for the true liberty that it is:)
(Oops did I mention evolution, that's for monkeys).

If airsoft guns were legal in Australia I would have 1 bidon cage and 1 pistol mount.

Magpies make good target practice.

sukistone said:
If airsoft guns were legal in Australia I would have 1 bidon cage and 1 pistol mount.

Magpies make good target practice.

You'd want to get it right when you reach for a drink.

ProfTournesol said:
The Second Amendment is a holy law of God, immutable and unarguable, unlike blasphemous fantasy like evolution and legal abortion. "I shoot therefore I am" is a statement of red neck identity. Apparently being able to cycle whilst carrying a gun for self protection is an evolutionary advantage that those who live in less civilised climes don't appreciate for the true liberty that it is:)
(Oops did I mention evolution, that's for monkeys).

Thank you ... that's pretty much what I thought.

Does having the right to drive heavy, poorly engineered, fuel guzzling cars come into it at all?

mitosis said:

More laughter.
The second ammendment is the right to keep and bear arms.

No, you cant use it for someone who annoys you, and its obvious you dont know what youre talking about by your statement. Chances are, if youre carrying a gun (and I do, but not on the bike), you know how to use it, and use it quickly. Mine doesnt have a safety.

And while everyone is still unloading on the gun issue, no one has said a word about edged weapons. Guns are dangerous, kill people etc etc is all Ive read, but edged weapons kill the same people, and are more dangerous because they are silent. Some people need to get a clue.

I've just come across this thread and can't believe the comments. I've travelled round the world and lived in many places including South Africa. One place I haven't been and after reading this thread with the posts from guys in the US, definitely don't want to go there. I thought the danger was all a Hollywood created myth, but evidently not.
Mind you, I think England is slowly catching up with the US. I now live in Japan, probably one of the safest countries in the world apart from certain areas in Tokyo. I've lived in Japan for a total of 11 years and the only violence I've witnessed was just the other day - one homeless drunk attempting to punch another poor homeless guy. I think I'll stay and cycle here til death do us part.:)

PS I do carry a spare banana when I cycle in the mountains - just let someone try something, and he'll get a banana rammed up his left nostril!:D

Sillyoldtwit said:
I've just come across this thread and can't believe the comments. I've travelled round the world and lived in many places including South Africa. One place I haven't been and after reading this thread with the posts from guys in the US, definitely don't want to go there. I thought the danger was all a Hollywood created myth, but evidently not.
Mind you, I think England is slowly catching up with the US. I now live in Japan, probably one of the safest countries in the world apart from certain areas in Tokyo. I've lived in Japan for a total of 11 years and the only violence I've witnessed was just the other day - one homeless drunk attempting to punch another poor homeless guy. I think I'll stay and cycle here til death do us part.:)

PS I do carry a spare banana when I cycle in the mountains - just let someone try something, and he'll get a banana rammed up his left nostril!:D
Mate I think we are off similar mind. Although this thread is awsome for a good laugh.

But if your English? you'll know that Americans are a bit satirically challenged.

Ps I was recently riding in Angola with national cycling team. That was a pretty interesting experience. We were the local entertainment for each village we passed through.

I'll be the first to be a critic of American culture.. or lack thereof.. and I'll be the first to say how I hate how so many here have to drive oversized trucks and SUV's (I drive a Volvo XC and a MB Diesel which are as safe and a lot more efficient).. but the Swiss also have a weapon in ever man's hands and here in the US, the states with the most "gun friendly" laws that allow people like me to own a pistol or other type of legally purchased weapon also happen to have the lowest gun crime rates.. so go figure? :rolleyes:

The fact is the US isn't a homogenious society, we have a LOT of people willing to raid your house or car-jack your car (with wife and kids inside) and if having a pistol in my car, or in my bedroom (locked safely in a gunsafe) keeps me that much safer.. than by God I'll have it, and I'll thank the framers of the US Constitution for having the wisdom to have specifically itemized this right, just behind freedom of speech and worship!

Only a Godless Commie would be scared of a law abiding citizen owning a gun for self defense.. JMHO ;)

DarkRider said:
I'll be the first to be a critic of American culture.. or lack thereof.. and I'll be the first to say how I hate how so many here have to drive oversized trucks and SUV's (I drive a Volvo XC and a MB Diesel which are as safe and a lot more efficient).. but the Swiss also have a weapon in ever man's hands and here in the US, the states with the most "gun friendly" laws that allow people like me to own a pistol or other type of legally purchased weapon also happen to have the lowest gun crime rates.. so go figure? :rolleyes:

The fact is the US isn't a homogenious society, we have a LOT of people willing to raid your house or car-jack your car (with wife and kids inside) and if having a pistol in my car, or in my bedroom (locked safely in a gunsafe) keeps me that much safer.. than by God I'll have it, and I'll thank the framers of the US Constitution for having the wisdom to have specifically itemized this right, just behind freedom of speech and worship!

Only a Godless Commie would be scared of a law abiding citizen owning a gun for self defense.. JMHO ;)
Well said, even if you are a Sig man:p

America is a country where the Government is is governed by the people.

Many other countries are a Society ruled by the Government.

My what a lively subject. I would only pack a weapon on the AlCan highway starting about 100 miles above Vancouver. Otherwise never.

DarkRider said:

My Gawd! You have been renting too many of the wrong vidios or watching too much TV...do we live in the same country? As for godless commies you need to stick your head out of the bunker for a change. I really wouldn't worry they are all out trying to be neauvo capitalists in Russia and China. They (bullies) really must have pushed you around in junior and senior high school. Sounds like you need to get over it...what ever it is.
I had enough of guns in the military. Shot about everything there was to shoot in the arsenal of the US Army.
Don't worry if you look long enough and worry even more you will eventually find the reason to shoot...someone. God Bless.

Deanster04 said:
My Gawd! You have been renting too many of the wrong vidios or watching too much TV...do we live in the same country? As for godless commies you need to stick your head out of the bunker for a change. I really wouldn't worry they are all out trying to be neauvo capitalists in Russia and China. They (bullies) really must have pushed you around in junior and senior high school. Sounds like you need to get over it...what ever it is.
I had enough of guns in the military. Shot about everything there was to shoot in the arsenal of the US Army.
Don't worry if you look long enough and worry even more you will eventually find the reason to shoot...someone. God Bless.
Get a ski mask and come on over . Mine will be the house with the trip wires.
You know, you're not paranoid if the Little Men Are really after you.

Deanster04 said:

Yeah... we live in the same country, the one where my 75 year old mother had her car stolen from her while walking out to it by a guy with a knife to her side making her open up the door and hand him the keys wherein she watched him drive off in her 2 month old Mercedes Benz E350 and eventually wreck it while fleeing police.. Yup, that would be it! :rolleyes:

BTW... Free trade or otherwise... the Chinese are GODLESS COMMIES! ;) That's why my bike is 100% made in (other than) China, and I don't shop at Walmart! I avoid made in China like it were dysentery!

cucamelsmd15 said:
The second ammendment is the right to keep and bear arms.

No, you cant use it for someone who annoys you, and its obvious you dont know what youre talking about by your statement. Chances are, if youre carrying a gun (and I do, but not on the bike), you know how to use it, and use it quickly. Mine doesnt have a safety.

And while everyone is still unloading on the gun issue, no one has said a word about edged weapons. Guns are dangerous, kill people etc etc is all Ive read, but edged weapons kill the same people, and are more dangerous because they are silent. Some people need to get a clue.

IMHO, if you believe you have time to line someone up after being upset by them, while riding a bike, in time to shoot them, you are the one who has no idea what you are talking about.

LOL, just after reading a few post. It's basically come down to a "birth place" war, where, in the US it's ok to carry guns, and in most of the world, if you were carrying a gun, you would be called Crazy.
So, Me? I'm agents carrying them, lol, carrying a Weapon? LOL, you have to be joking me, i can't hurt a fly, I'll just kick them with my rock hard cycling shoes. Here in australia, only a few carries Knives and fewer carry Guns, i don't think any cyclist here do. I wish i had a gun for when that group of cyclist Flew past me last weekend:p

Upstroke said:
America is a country where the Government is is governed by the people.

Many other countries are a Society ruled by the Government.
I think i'll let the Gov do what they want with me, i TRUST them enough, besides, who knows what some of the people do here lol, i can imagine the guy next to us having his say by killing me cause i mowed abit of his lawn:confused:
just another thing, I don't know if this is true, but say a 16year old(like me), can they just go into KMart/MegaMart and just Buy Ammo for any gun? and if so, can they buy a gun? any gun?

Tripped said:
I think i'll let the Gov do what they want with me, i TRUST them enough, besides, who knows what some of the people do here lol, i can imagine the guy next to us having his say by killing me cause i mowed abit of his lawn:confused:
just another thing, I don't know if this is true, but say a 16year old(like me), can they just go into KMart/MegaMart and just Buy Ammo for any gun? and if so, can they buy a gun? any gun?

America is a country where the people are ruled by corporations and pressure groups and lobbyists.

mitosis said:
IMHO, if you believe you have time to line someone up after being upset by them, while riding a bike, in time to shoot them, you are the one who has no idea what you are talking about.
You obviously didnt read what I said, when I said I do not carry on the bike. You also didnt read where I stated that you cant just do it because your ******, there has to be some immediate threat to your life. Thank you for playing:)