Internet bike purchase

Rtaglia

Oct 5, 2010
I found if you do a little research and know what you want you can get a great deal on a bike. If you are new to cycling check out you tube for help in bike set up. Local bike shops are also a good option if you are not interested in do it yourself assembly or if you don't have time to invest. I found on line purchase to be the best option for me. I got a lot more for my money and I like knowing the bike is set up right because I did it myself. Remember you get what you pay for. Buy quality components. I was a little concerned about trying the online option because of some negative reviews. But if you read them in many cases they are people that don't do the research or don't have the experience to perform the set up. My experience was very positive.

2010 motobecane le champion with ultegra components. I was also looking at the trek 2.3 from a local bike shop. After looking at the components and cost comparison I decided to go with the motobecane. The component cost alone was worth the purchase. I was a little concerned about frame quality, but the carbon frame looks and rides great. No complaints.

I also just recently got the Le Champion. My purchasing experience from Bikes Direct was a positive one. I have just a little over two hundred miles on the bike and love it. It is my first road bike so I can't make a comparison, but compared to my Specialized Crosstrail it's like a sports car at half the weight. I too was a little cautious about buying the bike because it was so much cheaper than many other bikes with the same components. My friend who is a life long bike enthusiast thought it was a great purchase. He said there are a lot of manufacturers who use Tawain built frames. All I know is that I am satisfied with what I got and will use it for my first century next year.

Have purchased from shops and online. Key is knowing what you want as was stated. I do all my own wrenching so online has been very good partswise but I don't see much difference between buying a complete bike online or at a shop. Just gotta know what you're after.

Hello evrebody here is my blog about cycling gps units and other ccling stufs :
http://cyclinggpsunit.blogspot.com/

While out riding, I have talked to quite a few people with bikes purchased from Bikes Direct. They seemed happy, and their bikes looked pretty good. Nashbar and Performance also sell bikes online, and they sometimes have special promotional discounts that can be taken off their already discounted prices. I have purchased a bike online, and was surprised to find it needed very little assembly as well as very few adjustments. At the same time, I have seen some incredibly good deals at local bike shops. A little research can pay off, and it's nice to know you have a few options.