John Kerry at a bike shop (picture)

Michael127

Apr 22, 2003
So, a friend of a friend was in a Bike shop and all of a sudden he notices all these security guards around him. He looks over and sees John Kerry. Cool pic. I guess Kerry was riding and kept get flats because he didn't have any tape in his wheels. This was in Seattle recently.

-Michael127

Riding w/o rim tape, not a shocker. Can't fix his own bike, not a shocker. But hey he has 3 purple hearts, oh wait he threw those away. ;)

RC2 said:
Riding w/o rim tape, not a shocker. Can't fix his own bike, not a shocker. But hey he has 3 purple hearts, oh wait he threw those away. ;)
He did put rim tape in his wheels - right before he took them out.

concord said:
Only a dork like him would ride in a TEE
Only a dork would judge a cyclist by his clothes rather than his ridding. (Anyway better a tee on someone fast, than postal kit on someone slow.)

BTW. LeMond has ridden with Kerry and gives him a lot of credit for finishing a charity ride they did together under particularly adverse weather conditions.

tamman2000 said:
Only a dork would judge a cyclist by his clothes rather than his ridding. (Anyway better a tee on someone fast, than postal kit on someone slow.)

BTW. LeMond has ridden with Kerry and gives him a lot of credit for finishing a charity ride they did together under particularly adverse weather conditions.
Oh, I remember that race. Didn't he crash, and tried to get a purple heart for it??

Herman Munster? A cycling advocate? If he is, he gets my vote!

Judging by his hair I'd say he wasn't wearing a helmet. Not setting a very good example for the kiddies! :eek:

meehs said:
Herman Munster? A cycling advocate? If he is, he gets my vote!

Judging by his hair I'd say he wasn't wearing a helmet. Not setting a very good example for the kiddies! :eek:
I'm just wondering where he puts his 3 purple hearts...

anthonyjf said:
Oh, I remember that race. Didn't he crash, and tried to get a purple heart for it??

Uh at least he was in the race, not riding the trainer in the safety of his living room like his...cough, National Guard...opponent.

I just think it's hilarious that the Bush Leaguers have the balls to criticize John Kerry when John Kerry actually served in Vietnam while Bush was protecting hayfields back here stateside.

Brad1711 said:
Why am I not surprised to find John F'n Kerry with an $8000 bike? :rolleyes:
I am sorry if I am getting too political, but I want to understand this mentality.

Both the canidates are rich, both have expensive bikes.

People always hold this against Kerry, but not Bush. Why?

Is it because Kerry supports people who are not rich? You don't have to be a little guy to like the little guy...

Hell, my starting salary when I got out of college was about twice what the average american family makes, does it make me some kind of hypocrate to feel that I should shoulder a greater tax burden than those who are not as fortunate as myself?

Mr_Potatohead said:
Uh at least he was in the race, not riding the trainer in the safety of his living room like his...cough, National Guard...opponent.

I just think it's hilarious that the Bush Leaguers have the balls to criticize John Kerry when John Kerry actually served in Vietnam while Bush was protecting hayfields back here stateside.

I agree. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

tamman2000 said:
I am sorry if I am getting too political, but I want to understand this mentality.

Both the canidates are rich, both have expensive bikes.

Is it because Kerry supports people who are not rich? You don't have to be a little guy to like the little guy...

Hell, my starting salary when I got out of college was about twice what the average american family makes, does it make me some kind of hypocrate to feel that I should shoulder a greater tax burden than those who are not as fortunate as myself?
I don't think that his riding is an issue, It is his flip flopping on the issues. Everyone can find a reason to like Kerry because he takes both sides of every issue. By the way, If you make enough money and want to pay more taxes than the government already takes give it to a charity they will probably be more productive with your money. Why should the rest of us have to pay for your personal guilt. If the government managed our taxes better perhaps more people would be willing to contribute.

tamman2000 said:

Yeah, we shouldn't get political here, this is a bike forum. W/o professing allegiance to either candidate, I think the difference is that Kerry represents himself as the 'common working-class american'. Yeah, right. Honesty and integrity are important qualities these days...

tsilliman said:
I don't think that his riding is an issue, It is his flip flopping on the issues. Everyone can find a reason to like Kerry because he takes both sides of every issue. By the way, If you make enough money and want to pay more taxes than the government already takes give it to a charity they will probably be more productive with your money. Why should the rest of us have to pay for your personal guilt. If the government managed our taxes better perhaps more people would be willing to contribute.
It's not guilt, it just makes sence. Besides the whole practile matter of it making sence, it makes sence mathamatically; progressive taxes (higher rates for higher incomes) lessen the severity of recessions if you allow a surplus during booms and a (sane) deficit during recessions.