Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

you are again showing that you cannot address a point. the popularity of the nfl and its doping are not correlated, except in your fevered imagination and your posts. Dude this is a direct quote by me in my post "the popularity of NFL is NOT being affected by doping" What am I missing???? I have stated this 3 times now in 3 different post. more likely the doping is indicative of a player's belief that he must dope in order to stay in the nfl (bill romanowski, et. al.)-- AGREED! the same rationalisation used by doping cyclists and stated in those affadavits posted by the usada--and not what makes the nfl popular. AGREED Agreed many things would explain nfl popularity, NO one including Campy said the NFL is popular cause of doping, his claim was that the popularity of the NFL is unaffected by doping and that to slay, say, Tom Brady as an example, when everyone is doing it would be stupid. perhaps mob behaviour and a desire to "fit in" with the crowd. that money drives the owners and the players' union only misdirects the issue. you still cannot rebut the point that something or someone is changing the mlb/nfl attitude towards doping. the point being, according to your pal, one cannot be of sound mind if one feels doping to be wrong and "giv[ing] a ****." your disagreement with the "sound mind" portion of Campy's statement I did not address as a diagreement with you. You need to read more carefully. and yet the move is towards more focused testing across many sports. i'm sure you'll respond by staying off this point and ginning up something about me not understanding or having a defective soul or some such thing. or you might actually try to rebut that point or the ones raised by nicole cooke as posed to you yesterday.
Are you even reading these post before replying. I think it would dramatically help us both if you did.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I agreed with Campy on the one point that "no one cares in the NFL about doping" you went on a rampage of assumptions that therefore I must agree with the [/COLOR]rest of the statement and that Campy and I are PALs, which is even funnier.

It is true that no one cares, owners and fans and the since the owners are their own governing body you got the foxes watching the chicken coop. I can not make this any clearer for you.

"I can not make this any clearer for you."

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Go easy on Tone Loco.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Sadly, he was forced by his step-mother to play high school football. He then played a little college ball before the NFL used him as a tackling dummy for a couple seasons. All those thousands of helmet-to-helmet hits from those 300-400 Lb. 'roid ragers really took their toll on him. His ability to comprehend has been greatly diminished due to repeated concussions, degenerative brain disease and early onset Alzheimers.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Shoulda took them PEDs he never saw and leveled the gridiron field.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Wait a second! Never saw any dope?!?! That's exactly what Lance, Levi, George, Mike, Kayle and Tyler said for years!!! Hmmmm....[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by hpearson .

Are you even reading these post before replying. I think it would dramatically help us both if you did.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I agreed with Campy on the one point that "no one cares in the NFL about doping" you went on a rampage of assumptions that therefore I must agree with the [/COLOR]rest of the statement and that Campy and I are PALs, which is even funnier.

It is true that no one cares, owners and fans and the since the owners are their own governing body you got the foxes watching the chicken coop. I can not make this any clearer for you.
no one cares in the nfl [about doping]--your words. no one. this is a falsehood. apparently you do not realise the sweeping nature of this generalisation. some people in positions of ownership/management, some in the union, and some in the media care about this issue and have taken action. is that clear enough?

got to thinking.... should armstrong follow through on his reported willingness to rat out his facilitators, couldn't pat and hein and the money boys behind tailwind use the armstrong tactic that he is a confessed fraud and a liar and therefore not to be believed, like armstrong did with landis and hamilton? without corroboration like the usada offered with several affadavits, it really comes down to armstrong's word against theirs. is this where the hog walks on stage and offers up similar accounts?

Originally Posted by slovakguy .

got to thinking.... should armstrong follow through on his reported willingness to rat out his facilitators, couldn't pat and hein and the money boys behind tailwind use the armstrong tactic that he is a confessed fraud and a liar and therefore not to be believed, like armstrong did with landis and hamilton? without corroboration like the usada offered with several affadavits, it really comes down to armstrong's word against theirs. is this where the hog walks on stage and offers up similar accounts?
Is The Hog still doing the tough guy stance?

yes, although i don't believe usada and the hog have set the date for the hearing he has said he wants. is the delay due to the negotiations for his co-operation?

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"I can not make this any clearer for you."

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Go easy on Tone Loco.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Sadly, he was forced by his step-mother to play high school football. He then played a little college ball before the NFL used him as a tackling dummy for a couple seasons. All those thousands of helmet-to-helmet hits from those 300-400 Lb. 'roid ragers really took their toll on him. His ability to comprehend has been greatly diminished due to repeated concussions, degenerative brain disease and early onset Alzheimers.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Shoulda took them PEDs he never saw and leveled the gridiron field.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Wait a second! Never saw any dope?!?! That's exactly what Lance, Levi, George, Mike, Kayle and Tyler said for years!!! Hmmmm....[/COLOR]
LOL! And these attempted insults coming from a 'Never Was' is rich - rich indeed!
Total loser - anonomously./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

limerickman said:
Is The Hog still doing the tough guy stance?
I think he's trying to figure out which way the wind....er, Armstrong's hot air....will blow. If Bruyneel doesn't stay in phase with Armstrong, Armstrong could very well hand him out to dry. He's very likely also waiting to see exactly what it is that Armstrong said on the Winfrey Hour of Welcoming Arms. I don't really get the sense that Armstrong's loyalty to anybody will trump his desire to have others shoulder the blame. In a fantasy world, Armstrong's cabal would have records of their payoffs, and such records would be difficult to argue against or excuse away. Furthering the fantasy, such evidence could push McQuaid into caving and offering up Verbruggen or even Nike. Alas, that's only a fantasy.

hpearson said:
[COLOR=0000FF]Was the this the respect and light hearted bantering you were referring - LIMMERICKMAN![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]With your regulatory principles the UCI might be a good career path! [/COLOR]
Seriously?? LOL! edit: Oooohhhh, you're still sore about that ostrich metaphor, aren't you? I apologized, didn't I? Not enough contrition, I know.:D

"And these attempted insults..."

Insults? No way. I never would stoop to insulting the infirm and mentally challenged. It was just a reasoned explanation using the facts as best we know them. The fact that your brain was subjected to years and years of damaging decelerations, brutal rebounding slams resulting in brain bleeds/hematoma, stunting blows, incapacitating impacts in a barbaric sport based on destroying body and mind is a sad testimony on what some lads feel they have to put themselves thru. I can only have pity for you and hope the Ali Fund will at least cover the cost of your meds. As your synapses continue to decrease firing frequency I can only hope your last cogent thoughts will be of me...yer pal and BFF.

Lancer had Orca on the rivet!

"Oprah...was “mesmerized and riveted by some of his answers.”"

Outstanding! This is going to be the most sophisticated, professionized and successful interview since Orca gave away the Cadillacs!

"Armstrong was believed to have left for Hawaii."

Aloha, Lancer! Do you have some time to look for a birth cert while you're enjoying life?

I do not know Armstrong personally but have seen enough of him to think that his latest moves are not a vehicle to clear his conscience or sleep better at night. I am assuming it is a well conceived plan with ongoing plays to facilitate a safety net for his career.
I have never viewed him as stupid as he always displayed a clever and even ruthless personna. Not sure where he is headed with all this but pretty sure he not being reactive but more proactive. I wouldn't trust him in the "shitehouse" with a mussel on.

What do you call a doper gone bad?
Senator!

Why is he offering to repay $5 million, if he was clean?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57564168/cbs-news-government-rejects-armstrongs-$5m-restitution-offer/

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I do not know Armstrong personally but have seen enough of him to think that his latest moves are not a vehicle to clear his conscience or sleep better at night. I am assuming it is a well conceived plan with ongoing plays to facilitate a safety net for his career.
I have never viewed him as stupid as he always displayed a clever and even ruthless personna. Not sure where he is headed with all this but pretty sure he not being reactive but more proactive. I wouldn't trust him in the "shitehouse" with a mussel on.

What do you call a doper gone bad?
Senator!
Spot on.

So, here is my next leading question.

What would it take for you to regain, if not respect for Lance, at least blunt your hatred of him?

Obviously a confession, despite numerous posts to the contrary, isn't enough. Yes, many of you are now qualifying how that confession would have to take place, but I seriously doubt even then it would matter.

Reconciliation with those he has hurt/bullied/defamed/slandered? Those people publicly coming out and forgiving him?

There are people in the world who have done much worse and sought redemption, but perhaps lack of redemption is to be his punishment.

I still think back to that rainy morning near Baltimore and the impact he had on those people who not only lined the roads to see him, but the group of cancer survivors he raced with. Say it was self-serving all you want, and I won't necessarily disagree with you, but it still had that impact. It would be really nice to get that back in the world.

Reactions: dhk2
Originally Posted by jpwkeeper .

So, here is my next leading question.

What would it take for you to regain, if not respect for Lance, at least blunt your hatred of him?

Obviously a confession, despite numerous posts to the contrary, isn't enough. Yes, many of you are now qualifying how that confession would have to take place, but I seriously doubt even then it would matter.

Reconciliation with those he has hurt/bullied/defamed/slandered? Those people publicly coming out and forgiving him?

There are people in the world who have done much worse and sought redemption, but perhaps lack of redemption is to be his punishment.

I still think back to that rainy morning near Baltimore and the impact he had on those people who not only lined the roads to see him, but the group of cancer survivors he raced with. Say it was self-serving all you want, and I won't necessarily disagree with you, but it still had that impact. It would be really nice to get that back in the world.
I'm sure like many on the forum I don't hate him, I never even met the guy. He seems to have acted like a genuine ass to folks who didn't deserve it. All we know is what we hear in the media.

The next question begs the subtle difference between truth and honesty. While Lance may now be truthful, he is not being honest - I'd really need to see the Oprah bit to offer an informed pov.

I would guess most non-cycling folks don't know about the minutia (O'Reilly, the Andreus, etc.) but the devil is really in the details. From what I know so far, his "confession" seems to be geared toward those people.

Some people see the world in black and white, good and evil, others see it in grey's with the knowledge that many of us are capable of many different behaviors. I would ride with the acknowledged cheater Jan Ulrich any day of the week, and then I'd buy him a beer afterward. I may have done the same for Lance if he didn't have a penchant for calling women who disagreed with him whores. If he publically aknowledged that behavior as reprehensible and apologized to Emma O'Reilly and the others he has bullied, I'd revisit. I like to keep the company of mindful, friendly and polite folks. When I was a teenager I had the propensity and capacity to hang out with douchbags. Life is too short for that these days.

Reactions: dhk2