Lance Armstrong Won't Fight Usada Charges

Originally Posted by danfoz .

He just called himself an "arrogant *****".
He's a sociopath that needs to be put away for awhile and receive major amounts of counseling.

"What do you have to say about Emma O"reilly"

"She is one of the people I need to apologize to, one of the people I bullied"

I did not believe I would hear about this during the interview.

Reactions: limerickman
If I was bullied and defamed by LA, forget an apology - I want dinero! Lots of it.
This guy can easily say "I'm sorry" and never actually mean it.
He's only sorry now because he's been caught.

"What do you have to say about Emma O"reilly"

"She is one of the people I need to apologize to, one of the people I bullied"

I did not believe I would hear about this during the interview.
Indeed.

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

If I was bullied and defamed by LA, forget an apology - I want dinero! Lots of it.
This guy can easily say "I'm sorry" and never actually mean it.
He's only sorry now because he's been caught.
Epitome of sociopath. Very definition of sociopath. Scary individual with absolutely NO CONSCIENCE.

If he would've just paid Floyd off........

He's sorry he came back because he knows he accelerated his getting busted....

I always thought if he hadn't tried a comeback none of this would have happened. He just said as much. Who's to know what would have really transpired.

I always thought if he hadn't tried a comeback none of this would have happened. He just said as much. Who's to know what would have really transpired.
Nah, he would've got caught eventually. Enough people would've come out of the closet...
Now, if it wasn't for Travis Tygart - then he WOULD'VE definitely gotten away with it.

Yeah he more or less said that if he hadn't come back that he probably would not be where is today.

I glad he admited doping during his TdF wins.
However, he still lied again when he said that he did not dope in 2009 and 2010, and it seems he wont be accusing UCI or anyone else.
In my opinion this all come too late. He was still denying and making fun of all a few weeks ago (he even uploaded a photo in Twitter of him posing with his 7 yellow jerseys at home!!!!!)

As a Spaniard, I hope Chechu Rubiera comes clean now too, he has to be the only former teamate who still supports LA. SAD.

It's pretty obvious that I've disliked Armstrong for many years now. However, I found myself hoping for a more redeeming admission of guilt during he interview. Part of me wanted to see someone who was truly sorry for his actions. Unfortunately, too many of his answers skirted the truth, especially his pretense at having forgotten the extent to which he attempted to destroy Emma O'Reilly and his ridiculous sugar coating of he and his team's relationship with Dr. Ferrari. I'm going to chalk this up as Lance covering his ass for the long run

He danced around a few answers, refused to answer at least one, and may have lied some more. He certainly did a jig around the Ferrari questions and called Ferrari a good man. He appeared to be parsing words when the questions were about his role as the team leader, his power in firing and hiring, and whether he threatened/gave ultimatums to teammates re: doping. I'm not sure he refused ("I'll laydown on (this question)"). What was there that he could not admit? His answer about doping in 2009/2010 smelled a bit fishy. After all, in 2009 he promised he would post his blood work results when ever they were tested, and oddly enough he didn't follow through. Couple that with odd bio passport results, and I at least end up with a healthy amount of suspicion. Oprah did press on some questions, and she asked quite a few good questions. I was hoping she would ask about the Simeoni incident in the TdF. I suspect tomorrow will the tearjerker for the fans he has left. I don't know what you guys saw, but I've seen all the OWN commercials I can stand for a lifetime. I have to admit, though, that the upcoming Lisa Ling report, "Shades of Kink", looks fun.

The USADA reasoned decision was pretty positive about evidence of blood doping in 2009-10.

After that, my quibbles were with discussions of the 2001 Tour de Suisse coverup and the "donations" to the UCI. My guess is that he's still waiting to be subpoenaed for those and he doesn't want to prejudice anything he might have to say under oath. Not that he hasn't already contradicted pages of sworn testimony.

Compared to the slandering of Betsy Andreu and Emma O'Reilly, the Simeoni affair is pretty small stuff, and trying to explain its significance to the non-race-following public would have been a worm hole of distraction.

is there no concern, no sympathy for how armstrong's performance will affect phil liggett? i mean, phil knows that lance would never put that stuff in his body having just beaten cancer!

slovakguy said:
is there no concern, no sympathy for how armstrong's performance will affect phil liggett?  i mean, phil knows that lance would never put that stuff in his body having just beaten cancer!
Armstrong should have concerns about accidentally running into Betsy Andreu. The probability is very high that she would maul him and send him home crying like a redheaded step child. She's got damned good reasons for being so angry, visibly furious. Seriously, whenever Dr. Banner got that angry, he turned green, roared "smash!", and tore the joint apart.

slovakguy said:
is there no concern, no sympathy for how armstrong's performance will affect phil liggett?  i mean, phil knows that lance would never put that stuff in his body having just beaten cancer!
It's okay. Part of the deal between Armstrong and Oprah was that Phil would get to be a guest on the Dr. Phil show in a very special grief intervention.