Lefevere : "1997 had the last clean TDF winner"

wolfix said:
I am suggesting that a world claas triathlete is as in good a condition as any cyclist. Maybe in better overall condition.
Who cares if they are in better overall condition. Cycling is a very specialized sport. That is why pros look like ethiopian refugees.

wolfix said:
So Bro Deal..... Explain to me why LA who was the 7x TDF winner in a totally doped riding group isn't any good??? Winning one TDF might be a fluke as this year shows, but not 7 in a row.
Blood doping does not give an equal performance increase to everyone. Some people are super responders to drugs. We know from the 1999 samples thtat LA was using more dope than anyone else in the race. We have to assume that the subsequent years were no different. Why did Armstrong sign the biggest dope doc in the sport to an exclusive contract?

When are you going to post research that shows that steroids, amphetamines, etc. give a performance gain in line with EPO and blood doping. Dope is dope, right? Find the scientific research to back that up.

wolfix said:
Why is LA not a rider who could compete on a level playing field??????
If he was so physically gifted versus other pros then why did he never show any time trailing or climbing ability until he had worked with Dr. Ferrari?

The world championship was a fine victory. Where are Laurent Brochard's and LucLeblanc's TdF wins? They showed climbing ability as well as winning the WC.

limerickman said:
Drive safely!
I did... and i saw a great race! At the press conference it seemed Guesdon still didn't believe he actually won the race.

here a pic of Guesdon crossing the line.

But now: back to the topic (sorry folks)

cyclingheroes said:
I did... and i saw a great race! At the press conference it seemed Guesdon still didn't believe he actually won the race.

here a pic of Guesdon crossing the line.

But now: back to the topic (sorry folks)
Guesdon said he lost 8 years to doping.... what he meant he would of won more races if he wasn't constantly being beaten by doped up riders....

whiteboytrash said:
Guesdon said he lost 8 years to doping.... what he meant he would of won more races if he wasn't constantly being beaten by doped up riders....

Or maybe he meant that if he had started doping eight years ago, he'd have won a lot more races.

meehs said:
Or maybe he meant that if he had started doping eight years ago, he'd have won a lot more races.

I think Meehs, it's no coincidence that the French riders have had a much better season this season - because some of the doping that has gone on in the past is slowly being uncovered.
The FFC do test rigourously.

whiteboytrash said:
Come on! I thought our basic starting point on this forum now is that they are all, more or less, doping. (apart from maybe the french as a whole)

So all his win signifies is that once every 8 years you can beat dopers rather than doping has gone away.

limerickman said:
I think Meehs, it's no coincidence that the French riders have had a much better season this season - because some of the doping that has gone on in the past is slowly being uncovered.
The FFC do test rigourously.

That comment was meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek Limerickman. I don't know for certain that Guesdon was/is doping.

meehs said:
That comment was meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek Limerickman. I don't know for certain that Guesdon was/is doping.
I think the evidence could point either directions, that Guesdon won Paris ROubaix when uncontrolled EPO doping was rampant since he never had a victory since, and now he's back on the juice, because, as the argument goes, who else can beat a team of dopers like CSC (isnt that everyones argument here as to why Lance had to have doped, because he beat a doped Jand and a doped Basso) because as usual with most races this year CSC stuffed the podium with Arvesen and Ogrady.
I really hope CSC gets caught.

SO like Cofidis affair, why havent people gone after CSC since Basso was named. This whole O.P. thing stinks, now theyre saying none of the info can be used by sports federation, sounds like some deeeep pockets got to the Spanish Civil Guard.

bobke said:
..... This whole O.P. thing stinks, now theyre saying none of the info can be used by sports federation, sounds like some deeeep pockets got to the Spanish Civil Guard.
Yes it stinks but that the judge is unhappy that documents in an ongoing investigation are leaked to the press and that unauthorized documents are used to open disciplinary cases against people who are not even target of the ONGOING investigation is pretty normal i think.

cyclingheroes said:
Yes it stinks but that the judge is unhappy that documents in an ongoing investigation are leaked to the press and that unauthorized documents are used to open disciplinary cases against people who are not even target of the ONGOING investigation is pretty normal i think.
...and what of Fuentes ? What's he up to know ? Spending his millions or still practicing ?

Preparing his defence and some Spanish sources say it could be that he walks. The GC arrested him probebly too soon for a conviction, but that didn't matter, the Spanish government already achieved it's goal, a new anti-doping law which will be in effect from November 1. They needed Puerto and especially the publicity around it to get the new law through parliament. They succeeded.

whiteboytrash said:
...and what of Fuentes ? What's he up to know ? Spending his millions or still practicing ?

cyclingheroes said:
Preparing his defence and some Spanish sources say it could be that he walks. The GC arrested him probebly too soon for a conviction, but that didn't matter, the Spanish government already achieved it's goal, a new anti-doping law which will be in effect from November 1. They needed Puerto and especially the publicity around it to get the new law through parliament. They succeeded.
...it’s my understanding they didn't want to arrest Saiz when they did. They wanted to spend more time gathering evidence, video surveillance and wire taps. Unfortunately a newspaper was about the bust the story so they had to act. Pity really because we could of got a cracker Tour de France with the entire field bar the French barred for life after the race...

whiteboytrash said:
...it’s my understanding they didn't want to arrest Saiz when they did. They wanted to spend more time gathering evidence, video surveillance and wire taps. Unfortunately a newspaper was about the bust the story so they had to act. Pity really because we could of got a cracker Tour de France with the entire field bar the French barred for life after the race...
Agreed, except... who tipped the newspaper.... there was this opposition in parliament against a new law... more worrying, parts of the government party (PSOE) were also against that new law...

bobke said:
Whether Lefevre "knows" the sport is not at question.

His judgement is at question.
He is the head of an official organization yet he feels it is OK to joke about how dirty the sport is and make unfounded accusations about the cleanliness or not of the last 10 winners of the TdF.

Sour grapes M. Lefevre? Just because none of his doped to the gills riders could contend.
We all know he hired the most notorious PROVEN and confessed doper in TdF history Richard Virenque, unrepentant and a schmuck to his core.

We all know he had a rider proven and judged in court to have doped, Museeuw, whom he still has work PR for his team.

"I treat all my riders the same, but Johan Museeuw has a special place in my heart."
Right M Lefevre...

If he had any sense or ethics he would shut the F### up and clean up his own filthy dirty team.

Would the head of the NFL accuse the winners of the SUper Bowl of doping?
Would the head of the baseball team managers accuse the last 10 winner of the Wolrd Series of doping--without foundation.

Lefevre is a joke.
He is spouting unfounded rumor and innuendo.
He is a dirtbag and so is anyone who gives credence to what he says.

Wikipedia on Lefevre:
"Lefévère is famous for having managed teams with many one-day race super-stars such as Johan Museeuw, Michele Bartoli, Paolo Bettini, Richard Virenque, and many others. His teams' successes in the Classic cycle races is nearly unmatched, on occasion dominating to the point that his riders fill the entire podium."

read THEY ARE ALL DOPING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I dont know who this bobke guy is but he sure got this one right.

Anyone else notice the pointed comments in cyclingnews last week about how puny and shrunken Mr. Tom Boonen looked "a visibly smaller" I think were their words. Off the HGH eh Tom? Got a tip on the bust?
Too sad.

hombredesubaru said:
Wow, I dont know who this bobke guy is but he sure got this one right.

Anyone else notice the pointed comments in cyclingnews last week about how puny and shrunken Mr. Tom Boonen looked "a visibly smaller" I think were their words. Off the HGH eh Tom? Got a tip on the bust?
Too sad.
Yeah, the pic caption described him as scrawny.