Long hair and cycling

closesupport said:
my partner wears no makeup, although she does take care of her hair, she also ensures that i aam fed watered and cared for, i don't think that any appearance could make up for what she does for me.

real Beauty is a quality that is found within, the caring, compassionate and fun to be with!

Also its surprising what a couple of hours in photoshop can do, instant weight loss from size 18-10 in 10 minutes, plus perfect complexion and those eyes that you have always dreamed of :D want a make over....

Cost you! i can make you that size 10 or 8 that you have always wanted to be, shed pounds in seconds, kilos in minutes... :D all for a reasonable price. give your partner a picture he would love to carry around in his wallet :p

Can you make someone bigger? (yes I'm serious). I'm a size 10 and was happiest at size 14. I dunno why, I just was. Oh well. (shrug)

BTW just remembererd you're a Brit. When I say size 14 I mean a US size 14 (which I think is a British size 18). American size 10 would be a British size 14 I THINK!

Mouse Potato said:
What? Did he say why? (Sounds dumb to me... as if every woman over 30 has the same general lifestyle, approximate appearance, etc. Hah! Or maybe the hairdresser's guild/union/whatever was paying him a comission?)

It was just how to be a "professional" in the workplace. Painted nails (to match your shirt), skirts the proper length, "correct" shoes, jewelry (though you got points taken off for too much).

I dunno. I work part time in my LBS. I kind of dig the shorts, sneaks and hair in a ponytail thing I've got going. ;)

diane143 said:
It was just how to be a "professional" in the workplace. Painted nails (to match your shirt), skirts the proper length, "correct" shoes, jewelry (though you got points taken off for too much).

I dunno. I work part time in my LBS. I kind of dig the shorts, sneaks and hair in a ponytail thing I've got going. ;)

Personally, few things appear more pathetic to me than a group of women all trying to fit the same styling mold in order to match their co-workers for the aforementioned, "professional" look. To me it looks like they're too insecure to not be a part of the flock being lead around aimlessly by some silly fashion statement. I guess if that's what they want then it's up to them but I tend to agree with Einstein's statement, "He who happily marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He was granted a large brain by mistake since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice."

I believe he intended that statement primarily toward military personnel but I think the shoe fits for women wanting to blend with their co-workers in the workplace as well. Mammals with large brains shouldn't aspire to take on the roles of colonizing insects. (Just my opinion)

HellonWheels said:
Can you make someone bigger? (yes I'm serious). I'm a size 10 and was happiest at size 14. I dunno why, I just was. Oh well. (shrug)

BTW just remembererd you're a Brit. When I say size 14 I mean a US size 14 (which I think is a British size 18). American size 10 would be a British size 14 I THINK!
I can yip! that is possible, british 18 a couple sizes bigger than the wife then :D

jest!.. if she ever stumbles upon this..

Beastt said:
Personally, few things appear more pathetic to me than a group of women all trying to fit the same styling mold in order to match their co-workers for the aforementioned, "professional" look.

I fully agree, but it was the owners and marketing that arranged the seminars, not the employees. I would have laughed myself out of a job had I been in there, and not one gal cut her hair after he left. :)

closesupport said:
real Beauty is a quality that is found within, the caring, compassionate and fun to be with!

I agree. So why does everyone here care so much about having long hair, then?!? Talk about being superficial!

Professional women who cut their hair are not robots trying to fulfill some ideal professional image. Older women cut their hair because shorter hair is more flattering for most facial types. Very few women, even very young women, look good with very long hair.

Also, shorter hair requires less maintenance and women with professions, children, school etc. simply don't have time to spend mucking about with their hair every morning.

This post is in defense of all the short-haired professional women I work with...your short hair looks great!

Saucy said:
I agree. So why does everyone here care so much about having long hair, then?!? Talk about being superficial!

Professional women who cut their hair are not robots trying to fulfill some ideal professional image. Older women cut their hair because shorter hair is more flattering for most facial types. Very few women, even very young women, look good with very long hair.

Also, shorter hair requires less maintenance and women with professions, children, school etc. simply don't have time to spend mucking about with their hair every morning.

This post is in defense of all the short-haired professional women I work with...your short hair looks great!

Dictionary.reference.com

See Subjective

See Objective

Beastt said:
Dictionary.reference.com

See Subjective

See Objective

Yep, I know those definitions. I posted my Subjective opinion.

Dictionary.reference.com

See Supercilious. Synonym: Beasst (w/ your picture attached)

Saucy said:
Yep, I know those definitions. I posted my Subjective opinion.

Dictionary.reference.com

See Supercilious. Synonym: Beasst (w/ your picture attached)

I'm happy to see that you know the difference. Your former post seemed to suggest that you felt that what was most attractive to you, was most attractive to everyone. Such is not the case.

For example:

"I think very few women, even very young women, look good with very long hair." -- Subjective; stated as opinion

"Very few women, even very young women, look good with very long hair." -- Objective; stated as fact

P.S. No picture of anyone was attached.

Beastt said:
I'm happy to see that you know the difference. Your former post seemed to suggest that you felt that what was most attractive to you, was most attractive to everyone. Such is not the case.

For example:

"I think very few women, even very young women, look good with very long hair." -- Subjective; stated as opinion

"Very few women, even very young women, look good with very long hair." -- Objective; stated as fact

P.S. No picture of anyone was attached.

You’re right. Your picture is on the Oxford English Dictionary site. My apologies.

My point was that I THINK women can have both long and short hair and look good, and I THINK it shouldn't matter anyway because beauty is only skin deep, or so they say. I THINK there seems to be an anti-short hair sentiment to a lot of posts so I'm sticking up for the short-haired ladies. Besides, I THINK the women's forum has been pretty quiet lately, I THOUGHT I would add some spice.

I don’t know why people are so hung up on long hair. I THOUGHT closesupport's post was quite refreshing to hear from a man. I THINK too many men are hung up on looks and I THINK some men (cough) even develop fetishes about certain attributes…

I don't necessarily THINK shorter hair is more attractive. I happen to have long hair. Not Crystal Gayle long but midway down my back. Its long...straight...chestnut brown...very soft…do you like brunettes?...I ride bikes...am I turning you on?....I THINK I am.... :p

Speaking as a woman who had short hair when she was younger, I had it ONLY because it was easier to maintain. I didn't like how I looked with it, hence my long hair now that I'm older.

I dated a lot when I was single, and do you know that EVERY ONE of the guys I dated suggested I would look better with long hair? My husband was looking over some old pics of me when we first met (I had short hair), and he even said, "I'm so glad you let your hair grow....I can't stand women with short hair!" FWIW.

Saucy said:
You’re right. Your picture is on the Oxford English Dictionary site. My apologies.

My point was that I THINK women can have both long and short hair and look good, and I THINK it shouldn't matter anyway because beauty is only skin deep, or so they say. I THINK there seems to be an anti-short hair sentiment to a lot of posts so I'm sticking up for the short-haired ladies. Besides, I THINK the women's forum has been pretty quiet lately, I THOUGHT I would add some spice.

I don’t know why people are so hung up on long hair. I THOUGHT closesupport's post was quite refreshing to hear from a man. I THINK too many men are hung up on looks and I THINK some men (cough) even develop fetishes about certain attributes…

I don't necessarily THINK shorter hair is more attractive. I happen to have long hair. Not Crystal Gayle long but midway down my back. Its long...straight...chestnut brown...very soft…do you like brunettes?...I ride bikes...am I turning you on?....I THINK I am.... :p

Yes, brunettes are my favorite, though as you say, such attributes are only skin deep. I obviously love long hair and a female cyclist is an automatic turn-on.

(Even Meg Ryan looks better with long hair, though she never looked truly bad until she had those nasty collagen injections in her lips.)

:)

My hair is pretty long, but that doesn't pose any particular problems, 'cause I sure as heck am not fussy about it. Ponytail with the shorter pieces in front stuffed up in the helmet. Ya, sometimes I have flat hair, but so what?

I think (subjective opinion alert) that long hair is way easier to care for than short hair. I get it cut about 2 times a year, highlights maybe once, brush it once a day (if at all) and if I use a blow dryer about 4 times a year. When I had short hair I was alwyas running to the hairdresser for a cut, and having "bad hair days" and needing to blow dry/gel/etc to make it look good.

Long hair cair: Wash with good shampoo when needed. Use good conditioner when needed. Put a towel on your head. Take it off. Push hair back with fingers/stick it up in a "bun" with a pencil/chopstick/paintrbush, or eventually ponytail holder, if available.

For riding. Put in ponytail. Put on helmet. When you get off bike, reverse procedure, and eventually, bend over and toss hair down towards ground to fluff up a little. BTW, during this last step, a little bit of sweat actually helps get a little more body going in long straight hair.

HellonWheels said:
I dated a lot when I was single, and do you know that EVERY ONE of the guys I dated suggested I would look better with long hair? My husband was looking over some old pics of me when we first met (I had short hair), and he even said, "I'm so glad you let your hair grow....I can't stand women with short hair!" FWIW.
Just as I think a lot of women suit shorter hair, I think there are some women who look better with longer hair. You probably have the facial type or features that works well with it. Consider yourself lucky!

I find that when most women cut their hair they look younger, more refreshed. Long hair draws the eye downward and this typically is not good for older women depending on their features.

Long hair cair: Wash with good shampoo when needed. Use good conditioner when needed. Put a towel on your head. Take it off. Push hair back with fingers/stick it up in a "bun" with a pencil/chopstick/paintrbush, or eventually ponytail holder, if available.
I admire your low maintenance approach. But a paintbrush!? LOL. Be careful, you could poke somebody's eye out! How does this low maintenance style go over in snobby Paris?

brunettes are my favorite
An excellent choice.
I obviously love long hair
Yes, some would say you have a fetish, perhaps?
a female cyclist is an automatic turn-on.
Another fine selection. You clearly are an individual of refinement and good taste. Is this what causes you to be supercilious? Kidding!!

Saucy said:
Its long...straight...chestnut brown...very soft…do you like brunettes?...I ride bikes...am I turning you on?....I THINK I am.... :p
Ohhh! sorry, but i don't mean to rock the boat here, but brunette, thats a little common colour, personally i much prefare red heads, they always seem to be that little more exciting and firey thats the naturals, but the fake red heads i find equally attractive.................... :) Hmmm ! red heads

as for beauty is only skin deep, i think if you look hard enough into anyones personality you can find something really beautiful and attractive, if its intelligence, the ability to make one smile ....etc bonus if she's a red head.

Fetish no... just a preferance, ooops! there goes a chubby thought.

closesupport said:
Ohhh! sorry, but i don't mean to rock the boat here, but brunette, thats a little common colour, personally i much prefare red heads, they always seem to be that little more exciting and firey thats the naturals, but the fake red heads i find equally attractive.................... :) Hmmm ! red heads

as for beauty is only skin deep, i think if you look hard enough into anyones personality you can find something really beautiful and attractive, if its intelligence, the ability to make one smile ....etc bonus if she's a red head.

Fetish no... just a preferance, ooops! there goes a chubby thought.

For me it's just hard to beat the warmth and depth of brunette hair. Not that one can really judge anything about the person by the color of their hair but to date, I've never met a redhead who wasn't just a little.... uhm... different. Most to a degree that warranted a bit of caution.
(Come to think of it though, my last girlfriend was a brunette and I should have used a bit more caution in regard to her - Ouch!)

;)

Beastt said:
For me it's just hard to beat the warmth and depth of brunette hair. Not that one can really judge anything about the person by the color of their hair but to date, I've never met a redhead who wasn't just a little.... uhm... different. Most to a degree that warranted a bit of caution.
(Come to think of it though, my last girlfriend was a brunette and I should have used a bit more caution in regard to her - Ouch!)

;)
abit more caution, don't tell me she got you to run up debts for her in your name, then moved on to someone new with a clean credit rating-typical female behaviour. the devious, scheming, coniving, manipulative, *****es.

But hey! they are fun to be with for short durations of time :D but god help you when you marry and they decide that you owe them some kind of a life style, ohh yes, forget that OCR that new car or even those holidays in the sun if you get the wrong one. Best to know sooner than later what you could end up with.

But at least with a red head you know where you stand, preferably out of arms reach and the only thing that you have to keep an eye on is her right hook!:)

Brunettes are superior. That is why the allele for brown hair is dominant. We were intended to rule the earth. And soon we shall.

The Reds will be overcome. Its a matter of time.

Saucy said:
Brunettes are superior. That is why the allele for brown hair is dominant. We were intended to rule the earth. And soon we shall.

The Reds will be overcome. Its a matter of time.
You believe what you will, but i still think no matter what you have to say about recessive and dominant genes, will that make any difference weather or not red hair is more attractive than blonde or brunette, i don't mean to upset anyone its just my personal prefference to hair colour.

please don't take offence. firey Sexy Sexy red -- ;)

lol...jus to add my thoughts...
blondes are waay cooler :p :)
as is long hair.....and is def alot lower maintenance for me least ways
swimming in the mornin....get home, blow dry, 5 mins to straighten it / curl it n out to college....cant be doing with short hair.