Muscle recovery

blackbelt

Aug 8, 2007
I am looking to find something to aid in muscle recovery after my morning rides. Something to maximize the benefit from my workout. I am headed to GNC at lunch and was wondering what your experience was in this area.

Do I get somethig like myoplex? Or are there better options?

Oh...one more detail...I don't need anything with lots of sugar or glucose. I am type-two diabetic.

I don't think you need anything fancy other than a good mix of carbs and protein basically a 4x1 ratio as soon as possible after riding. Some people like something as simple as chocolate milk which seems to be pretty popular. When I can ,I make a smoothie with enough protein added to make that 4X1 ratio.

geraldatwork said:
I don't think you need anything fancy other than a good mix of carbs and protein basically a 4x1 ratio as soon as possible after riding. Some people like something as simple as chocolate milk which seems to be pretty popular. When I can ,I make a smoothie with enough protein added to make that 4X1 ratio.
+1 on that response! I was using Hammer Recoverite and liked the effects, but at $40 a tub its no bargain, and i developed an oversion to the taste after repeated use. Now Im on to CHOCOLATE MILK and I am happy with the results

I use Powerbar recovery drink after very hard sessions, and chocolate milk after ordinary rides.

bpatterson said:
anything without milk products or milk based?
16 oz. apple juice, 3 heaping tablespoons of whey protein, 5 tablespoons of dextrose and 1 banana in a blender. Works well and is cheap.

blackbelt said:
I am looking to find something to aid in muscle recovery after my morning rides. Something to maximize the benefit from my workout. I am headed to GNC at lunch and was wondering what your experience was in this area.

Do I get somethig like myoplex? Or are there better options?

Oh...one more detail...I don't need anything with lots of sugar or glucose. I am type-two diabetic.
I have found a couple of products that have helped me with my cycling and recovery from muscle soreness. The one product is called infi aid and it is used by all of Major League baseball to help players with recovery after a game. The NY Yankees, The Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox were the first to use the product and it has now become the standard for athletes around the world.

Professional football, basketball and hockey are now using these products and they are available to the general public. They even have an energy drink that I use that has allowed me to out perform people in their 20's and 30's while bicycling. I'm in my 50's. My stamina has increased and has allowed me to ride for several hours without hitting a wall. I am not tired after a long ride and my recovery time is much less.

The InfiAid is NSF aproved for sports and all the products are all natural with nothing artificial.

There are vitamins that I can send you information on that

There is no sugar or glucose in these products at all. The energy drink is a superfood with enzymes and minerals. It can also help with weight loss but I have found that taking the energy drink has helped me with cycling more than any other products I have tried. And I can tell you that I have tried so many products in the past. I still experiment when I hear of new products, but the InfiAid and the energy drink has so far stood the test of time for me.

If you woul like more information on it I can send you links. E-mail [email protected]