OT: Couple of light hearted items.

Simon Mason

Guest
Driver caught speeding.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3613715.stm

Google joke.

Go to www.Google.com

2) Type in (but don't hit enter): "weapons of mass
destruction".

3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, instead of the
normal "Google search" button.

4) Read what appears to be a normal ERROR message.

Someone at Google apparently has a sense of humour
--
Simon M.

In article <[email protected]>, Simon Mason wrote:
>Driver caught speeding.
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3613715.stm
>
> Go to www.Google.com
> 2) Type in (but don't hit enter): "weapons of mass
> destruction".
> 3) Hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button, instead of the
> normal "Google search" button.

That just takes you to the top link of a normal search.

> 4) Read what appears to be a normal ERROR message.
>
> Someone at Google apparently has a sense of humour

Nothing to do with Google at all. Someone at
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ has the sense
of humour.

(Lots of people at Google have senses of humo(u)r too, I'm
sure, but googlebombing doesn't rely on it. See also "more
evil than Satan himself" "litigious bastards" or
"miserable failure" - though in the first two cases the
top links are now to stories about the link rather than
the original target.)

Alan Braggins wrote:

> (Lots of people at Google have senses of humo(u)r too, I'm
> sure, but googlebombing doesn't rely on it. See also "more
> evil than Satan himself" "litigious bastards" or
> "miserable failure" - though in the first two cases the
> top links are now to stories about the link rather than
> the original target.)

"Unelectable", too.

In a similar vein,

http://tinyurl.com/**** http://tinyurl.com/****