Paging Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard!

CAMPYBOB

Sep 12, 2005
Those wacky waffle-eaters are at it again! No, not swerving Ferrari's into mailboxes while drunk and strung out on coke to avoid imaginary cats. No...they're off in the Ozone!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/10/news/news-19-riders-implicated-belgian-blood-doping-scandal_351527

"Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad is reporting that 19 athletes, mostly cyclists, are involved in a blood-doping scandal."

"Mertens, the report says, is suspected to have performed blood transfusions with ozone, which involves drawing blood, infusing it with ozone, and then putting it back into the body."

"The report claims that no fewer than 19 athletes — the majority famous and semi-famous road and cyclocross riders — are risking a suspension."

"In 2013, Tom Meeusen (Fidea) was not allowed to race the cyclocross World Cup in Rome, and was questioned by prosecutors about his connection to Mertens."

"Also in January, 2013, De Morgen reported that Jurgen Van den Broeck had visited Mertens, but the Lotto-Belisol rider claimed that he was only seeking treatment for inflamed sinuses."

Welcome to new, clean era of cycling, comrades.

I'll comment when I get over my shock and regain my composure. It could be weeks.

I'm curious about who comes up with these things?? Injecting ozone into my blood would have never occurred to me.

I'm curious about who comes up with these things?? Injecting ozone into my blood would have never occurred to me.

Well, ozone is just three oxygen atoms, so I guess the theory is it allows your blood to carry more oxygen to the muscles?