Photos and video from a tour of Santa Barbara.

BF says:

>Rats, not like I could afford one of your toys anyway ;-)

Heh heh! The design is just the beginning. Typical building costs are about
10x the design cost. That is to say - typical design costs are 10% of building
cost. Haven't had a good 75k design for years. ;-(

Steve

Bobby says:

>Never said you did

Sounded to me like you implied it, though...

>>> a shiity salesman.

>Poor social skills?

Nope, just modest to a fault. ;-)

Steve

> BF says:
>
>>Rats, not like I could afford one of your toys anyway ;-)

> Heh heh! The design is just the beginning. Typical building costs are
> about
> 10x the design cost. That is to say - typical design costs are 10% of
> building
> cost. Haven't had a good 75k design for years. ;-(
>
> Steve

Well ya never know SB, bonus announcements are in 3 short weeks. I'm hoping
they take care of a brother better than last year ;-)

> Bobby says:
>
> >Never said you did

> Sounded to me like you implied it, though...

> Steve

Here's what I said:

"would you be ok if I copied and used one of your boat DESIGNS if I didn't
sell the final product. How long would I have to wait to sell it?
any other questions?"

Actually, Bobby, you said:

>> If your boatbuilding skills are anything like your social skills, it would

rot
>> in your driveway before anyone bought it.
>>
>> Steve

>And you have done so well that you now work for >someone else?

Which implied to me that you thought I hadn't done very well with boatbuilding.

Steve

Actually, Bobby, you said:

>> If your boatbuilding skills are anything like your social skills, it would

rot
>> in your driveway before anyone bought it.
>>
>> Steve

>And you have done so well that you now work for >someone else?

Which implied to me that you thought I hadn't done very well with boatbuilding.

Steve

> Actually, Bobby, you said:
>

>>> If your boatbuilding skills are anything like your social skills, it
>>> would

> rot
>>> in your driveway before anyone bought it.
>>>
>>> Steve

>>And you have done so well that you now work for >someone else?

> Which implied to me that you thought I hadn't done very well with
> boatbuilding.
>
> Steve

Consider the source SB, he probably doesn't do much with his life.

So what's a small corvette go for these days, I got a smooth $30K to spend
on a new toy??

> Actually, Bobby, you said:
>

> >> If your boatbuilding skills are anything like your social skills, it

would
> rot
> >> in your driveway before anyone bought it.
> >>
> >> Steve

> >And you have done so well that you now work for >someone else?

> Which implied to me that you thought I hadn't done very well with

boatbuilding.

> Steve

No,
I implied that your boat DESIGNING business didn't do well. Which you agreed
with

"I am sick of trying to sell myself, being a shiity salesman."

TBF says:

>Consider the source SB, he probably doesn't do much with his life.

True...

>So what's a small corvette go for these days, I got a smooth $30K to spend
>on a new toy??

Not sure you could find a corvette for that. Not unless you have 10-20 times
that available for the refit. Maybe a cute little tugboat? ;-)

Steve

> TBF says:
>
>>Consider the source SB, he probably doesn't do much with his life.

> True...
>
>>So what's a small corvette go for these days, I got a smooth $30K to spend
>>on a new toy??

> Not sure you could find a corvette for that. Not unless you have 10-20
> times
> that available for the refit. Maybe a cute little tugboat? ;-)
>
> Steve

sweet mercy, your price is way steep. Guess I'll throw it in the market and
hope for a triple ;-)

TBF says:

>sweet mercy, your price is way steep.

I'm not talking about my price. You wanted a corvette, which implies ex-Navy.
Mostluy they don't sell those things unless they are at death's door, hence the
$$ for the refit. ;-)

>Guess I'll throw it in the market and
>hope for a triple ;-)

Buy one of those Corvette thingies with 4 wheels and a big motor, probably less
risky.

Steve

Bob R says:

>I implied that your boat DESIGNING business didn't do well. Which you agreed
>with

So what's your problem, then?

On second thoughts, don't answer that, I'm really not that interested in
finding out.

> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:44:44 -0500, "TBF::." <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>> What's a whining Nancy? And how come I keep spelling an like and?
>>>

>>> Strange Days,
>>> Bill

>>Figured you would have known what that is, you chime in everytime JD shows
>>up, just make an echo.
>>

> Okay, I'm on the floor, rolling, laughing, and my @ss just fell off,
>
> TBF you slay me,
> Bill

Well you have been trying to lose the extra lard

wrote:

>> What's a whining Nancy? And how come I keep spelling an like and?
>>

>> Strange Days,
>> Bill

>Figured you would have known what that is, you chime in everytime JD shows
>up, just make an echo.

Okay, I'm on the floor, rolling, laughing, and my @ss just fell off,

TBF you slay me,
Bill

> Bob R says:
>
> >I implied that your boat DESIGNING business didn't do well. Which you

agreed
> >with
> >

> So what's your problem, then?
>
> On second thoughts, don't answer that, I'm really not that interested in
> finding out.

The only problem is your lack of reading comprehension

"terminaut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> 1.) Do you think JD is being "brutally honest" when he boasted he was
> "riding those trails" since 1986 in response to my mention of Holy Jim,
> Trabuco, and Bell Ridge trails? It's especially humorous since he seems so
> enthused to ride this: http://tinyurl.com/4chwp earlier this year.

As anyone who can read could tell from that posting on mtbr, I don't
name trails even if people think they know what they are seeing.
Thanks for backing me up on that. All you need to do now is to get
over yourself already because you'll never know what I ride or have
ridden in SoCal. One thing is for sure, I didn't see you where I was
riding on Monday.

JD

Bobby says:

>The only problem is your lack of reading comprehension

Or your lack of literary ability....