Pinarello Dogma Or Colnago C50?

Pinarello Dogma Or Colnago C50?

• Dogma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C50

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Rudy

However I do wonder about the ride quality of one of these bikes, especially at the asking price around $6000 to $8000. Are they really that good? or are they over hyped with the Italian's mystique. With just a four year warranty, like I said earlier, wouldn't a Ti frame with a lifetime warranty be better served?
So, what does a 'lifetime warranty do for you'?

Lifetime warranty is a joke. The lifetime warranty is usually for "fre from defects." So lets analyze this for a minute. How many bike mfg's make their won tubing. How about NONE. How many machine their own parts. How about NONE. So they get their tubing ad they farm out all machining. The Carbon guys also farm out the specific layering processes as they do not do it in house. So they ultimately only cut tubing, assemble and finish the frames and then paint. If anyone knows of a bike maker that draws his own tubing let me know.

So, what is under warranty here, the defects in the materials which were not made by the frame builder. Usually the workmanship is under warranty, so if you find a nasty flaw when you first get it, you can return it.

How does the warranty come into effect if on one of your rides you run over a rock and pinch it sending it right into your down tube giving you a nice big dent. Asta la vista baby, that is normal road wear and no one will warranty it. So in the long run warranty is only good to keep the builder from selling you poor craftmanship. They cannot predict what damage a frame will take and tell you it is acceptable. Also, everyone here wants a featherweight frame, be it steel, AL, Ti or Carbn, so don't cry when it fails in a crash or from fatigue, because that is the price you pay when you want to own the same bike as the big boys.

Sometimes it's not a bad idea to go with a stronger frame at the expense of weight. The Look KG381 and 361 are prime examples. I have heard of Kg381's failing, but have never heard of it's cousin the 361 fail, infact it has better reviews. It is made with straight wall tubing instead of thnned out tubing and adds 100 grams to the weight of the 381. It appears to be stronger of the two at a weight penalty.

I only expect my frame to be free of defects and not to have any cracks or dings in it when I get it. What happens after is my problem, I guess. As for cost of a frame, I think that the more you pay the better the quality gets, to a point. I can't imagine that the Dogma Ego is worth 4 time more than the standard PRince or any other high end frame like a C40HP, King, CIelo, etc.

Originally posted by Stellite
Lifetime warranty is a joke. The lifetime warranty is usually for "fre from defects." So lets analyze this for a minute. How many bike mfg's make their won tubing. How about NONE. How many machine their own parts. How about NONE. So they get their tubing ad they farm out all machining. The Carbon guys also farm out the specific layering processes as they do not do it in house. So they ultimately only cut tubing, assemble and finish the frames and then paint. If anyone knows of a bike maker that draws his own tubing let me know.

So, what is under warranty here, the defects in the materials which were not made by the frame builder. Usually the workmanship is under warranty, so if you find a nasty flaw when you first get it, you can return it.

How does the warranty come into effect if on one of your rides you run over a rock and pinch it sending it right into your down tube giving you a nice big dent. Asta la vista baby, that is normal road wear and no one will warranty it. So in the long run warranty is only good to keep the builder from selling you poor craftmanship. They cannot predict what damage a frame will take and tell you it is acceptable. Also, everyone here wants a featherweight frame, be it steel, AL, Ti or Carbn, so don't cry when it fails in a crash or from fatigue, because that is the price you pay when you want to own the same bike as the big boys.

Sometimes it's not a bad idea to go with a stronger frame at the expense of weight. The Look KG381 and 361 are prime examples. I have heard of Kg381's failing, but have never heard of it's cousin the 361 fail, infact it has better reviews. It is made with straight wall tubing instead of thnned out tubing and adds 100 grams to the weight of the 381. It appears to be stronger of the two at a weight penalty.

I only expect my frame to be free of defects and not to have any cracks or dings in it when I get it. What happens after is my problem, I guess. As for cost of a frame, I think that the more you pay the better the quality gets, to a point. I can't imagine that the Dogma Ego is worth 4 time more than the standard PRince or any other high end frame like a C40HP, King, CIelo, etc.
You have about as much knowledge of warranty as you do of materials....Zip, nada, zilch...0.

Originally posted by boudreaux
You have about as much knowledge of warranty as you do of materials....Zip, nada, zilch...0.

Yah, I guess you are right, I know nothing. But as little as I know you know infinitely less. If you decide you want to make this a war, that's fine by me, but remember, you initiated the insults not I.
Next time say your peace without insults jackoff!!

SEROTTA WARRANTY
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS:
Serotta provides a lifetime warranty on Serotta Frames, Serotta Titanium Stems, and Serotta carbon and steel forks against defects in material and workmanship to the original owner.

LITESPEED WARRANTY
At Litespeed, we know you're in it for the long haul, and so are we. We put our heart and soul into every bicycle frame we build--and we back it all up with a lifetime warranty*.

This limited warranty is a complete and exclusive statement of Litespeed's obligations. Litespeed makes no express or implied warranties including, without limitation, warranty of liability, whether in contact, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the return of the amount of purchase price paid by the purchaser. Under no circumstances shall Litespeed be liable for special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damage to property and other economic loss.

Product Finishes

Any finish applied by Litespeed (paint, decals, etc.) are warranted against any manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. Scratches, dings, or abrasions caused by use or handling are not considered defects.

What is Not Covered

This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or normal maintenance items, or any damage, failure, or loss caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper maintenance, or use of parts or devices not consistent with the original intent for the product sold, or failure to follow instruction for installation, assembly, or use.

ooh roadie fight! scratch! bite! pull leg hairs! oh no! wait! there aren't any leghairs! cause you shaved them all off like a girl!!!!!!!

zzzzzzz

Originally posted by eddiebrannan
ooh roadie fight! scratch! bite! pull leg hairs! oh no! wait! there aren't any leghairs! cause you shaved them all off like a girl!!!!!!!

zzzzzzz

LOL, sorry man, but I still have all my hair. I am more a freerider. I have a Stab, Bullit, and 2 RFX's. Also have an IH DH and dislocated and broke a few fingers bombing downhill at Snowshoe on the Thursday of the Norba. So I sat and watched everything the rest of the time. I don't scratch or pull hair, but I do bite!!:D

I do like road riding for keeping up the stamina and strength. and I like bikes of all types.

Yah, I guess you are right, I know nothing. But as little as I know you know infinitely less. If you decide you want to make this a war, that's fine by me, but remember, you initiated the insults not I.
Next time say your peace without insults jackoff!!

SEROTTA WARRANTY
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS:
Serotta provides a lifetime warranty on Serotta Frames, Serotta Titanium Stems, and Serotta carbon and steel forks against defects in material and workmanship to the original owner.

LITESPEED WARRANTY
At Litespeed, we know you're in it for the long haul, and so are we. We put our heart and soul into every bicycle frame we build--and we back it all up with a lifetime warranty*.

This limited warranty is a complete and exclusive statement of Litespeed's obligations. Litespeed makes no express or implied warranties including, without limitation, warranty of liability, whether in contact, in tort, under any warranty, in negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the return of the amount of purchase price paid by the purchaser. Under no circumstances shall Litespeed be liable for special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, damage to property and other economic loss.

Product Finishes

Any finish applied by Litespeed (paint, decals, etc.) are warranted against any manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. Scratches, dings, or abrasions caused by use or handling are not considered defects.

What is Not Covered

This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or normal maintenance items, or any damage, failure, or loss caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper maintenance, or use of parts or devices not consistent with the original intent for the product sold, or failure to follow instruction for installation, assembly, or use.
If you can read it,cool. If it was just cut and paste.....:(

Originally posted by boudreaux
If you can read it,cool. If it was just cut and paste.....:(

here let me reduce it down for you to understand:

"LIFETIME WARRANTY ON WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS:"

isn't that what I was talking about. Do you have anything positive to contribute or are you just blowin methane out your mouth.

Back to the original subject -- I just got my C-50 two weeks ago, and recommend it over the Dogma -- VERY stiff for pedalling and cornering, still comfy to ride, FANTASTIC handling, descends like a rock, very stable at high speeds. Colnago has great geometry.

Originally posted by Bititanio
Back to the original subject -- I just got my C-50 two weeks ago, and recommend it over the Dogma -- VERY stiff for pedalling and cornering, still comfy to ride, FANTASTIC handling, descends like a rock, very stable at high speeds. Colnago has great geometry.
Can you compare the C50 to some other not so expensive bike...eerrmmm...say like a Trek 5200 or a Talon or a TCR Giant?
(if you've ridden one of these bikes)

though I would already know what you're gonna say ;)

LOL, sorry man, but I still have all my hair. I am more a freerider. I have a Stab, Bullit, and 2 RFX's. Also have an IH DH and dislocated and broke a few fingers bombing downhill at Snowshoe on the Thursday of the Norba. So I sat and watched everything the rest of the time. I don't scratch or pull hair, but I do bite!!:D

I do like road riding for keeping up the stamina and strength. and I like bikes of all types.

aha, hence the warranty-geeking. but no-one's doing 15" drops to flat on a litespeed bro

I would save a lot of money and weight. I would chose the Scott C1. Lightest and stiffest frame available. Ridden by Jean Latour Team France and extremely light ( 895 grams) by HMF Carbon fibres.

Id be paying half that money for another bike with 98% of the performance and then i'd go out on the town to spend the change!

Originally posted by tafi
Id be paying half that money for another bike with 98% of the performance and then i'd go out on the town to spend the change!

and which bike would that be?

aha, hence the warranty-geeking. but no-one's doing 15" drops to flat on a litespeed bro

Oh, common, don't tell me you haven't gone off a 12 inch curb on your road bike. If you ride in the city, you sometimes have no choice.:D

actually meant 15' but you know…

I would only try that if I didn't tghink I needed any kids.:eek:

Don't worry, I don't trash road bikes....anymore. :D

But back to topic. In this case and given the choice between those two, I would go with the C50 also.

Originally posted by waki
Planning to purchase one of these frames.Pinarello Dogma Or Colnago C50?Colour?Thanks.
Hey Waki,
Have you bought your steed? Which one did you go for and what's the verdict? I'm having the same 'dilemma'.

I would consider materials used...Dogma is magnesium...not the sturdiest in the world...one crash..and forget it...

You really ought to try the C-50, or any modern Colnago. As the geometry is the same, you could at least get a feel for the handling, etc. I like the response of the Colnago's, and loved my 2003 Dream-- thought it couldn't be bettered.

Then along came the C-50 in November...