poll:Shower before ride or after?

ASAWHOLE said:
I like to shower sometimes and was wondering if I should shower before my ride,after my ride,or not at all? Help please
Well I guess it all depends where you live - where I live - and which direction the wind is blowing!

I find a carbon-fibre shower head definitely improves cleaning time with a good-quality soap and warm water tobeat down the elite showerers that come up against. If you want a thrill, go for a DH shower, this involves rain, detergent and a steep hill for all thrill seekers. ??? and can shower flooring improve speed and time ???:D :D

Regardless of your actual showering habits, you must brag to all of your friends about the frequency and duration of your solo showering. When showering with a group, exclaim periodically that you showered "for like five hours" the day before, and may thus be excused for getting out of the shower before the rest of them.

Whatever you do, don't get a shower made out of steel, especially if it's chromed. Those things are just so old fashioned now and heavy and clunky.

What you really need is one of those new fangled lightwieht aluminum ones or if you really want the best showering experience possible you should spend a fortune on the latest full carbon fibre or (even better) titanium showers. You know, the carbon or titanium really softens the force of the water and you'll feel much more refreshed afterwards than using one of those harsh aluminium ones.

Don't drop the showerhead though as you may find that the carbon breaks and you'll have to fork out for a full replacement.

My mate still has one of those old **** chromed steel jobs and he says it's still as good as new after 20 years hard service. Still, what does he know eh, he's clearly off his rocker!:rolleyes:

for your information, recent studies have shown that showering greatly reduces the build up of both oils and salts on the surface of the skin.

serious cyclers will prefer to allow these to accumulate. the oil build up decreases the aerodynamic profile by creating a slicker air/body surface interface.

additional benefits derive from the prefered method of removal. during a race or long distance tour, the in-the-know cyclist will lick themselves, providing high caloric fat intake for extra energy, and also replacing lost electrolytes, thereby enhancing muscular function.

brushing your tongue will enhance absoption of both fat and oil. however, as noted by others, one must take pains to avoid brushing the teeth themselves.