Rasmussen in the mix in next years Tour?

poulidor said:
We could organize a Alped'Huez criterium of dopers with:
Landis, Contador, Rasmussen, Basso, Ricco, Mayo, Sella,... and of course the master of doping: sir Lance Armstrong.

Johann Bruyneel, the Hog, could be the big advisor of that circus.

Don't forget your beloved Richard Virenque. I love how the French will go on a campaign against a rider but turn a blind eye and even embrace one of the most tainted riders of the EPO era.

Tech72 said:
Don't forget your beloved Richard Virenque. I love how the French will go on a campaign against a rider but turn a blind eye and even embrace one of the most tainted riders of the EPO era.
You are not well informed:
- Virenque is too old
- he had a serious major accident and he is fat now
- he was not the beloved of the true fans, he was beloved of children and french women. So we could not stand a rival in their heart!

As beloved, Virenque has had a very difficult and long period with media, he has been "destroyed" by them on a long period, even for his children that was terrible. Of all "vilains", probably only Ullrich has got a similar disgrace.

Rasmussen is a good climber but at 36 next year he won't be a "spring chicken". Not sure he can still hang with the young pups.
It is very, very hard to come back after 2 years for anyone.

jhuskey said:
Rasmussen is a good climber but at 36 next year he won't be a "spring chicken". Not sure he can still hang with the young pups.
It is very, very hard to come back after 2 years for anyone.

Very true, but he should still be allowed back if he is good enough to be there. Being older is all the rage now.

TheDangerMan said:
Very true, but he should still be allowed back if he is good enough to be there. Being older is all the rage now.

It may be but I am not that crazy about it.The small consolation is that wrinkles don't hurt.