Re: Vandeman calls mountain bikers "liars" and "criminals" then surprised by hate mail!

Edward Dolan

Guest
"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> So you post a bunch of inflammatory opinions on a foundation of bias on a
> website and a few hotheads or children send you a few emails.
>
> How does this A: support the title you posted in the thread? (Mountain
> Bikers SILENT about Environmental Destruction in Their Backyard!) B: Prove
> ANYTHING about the major majority of people who are following the IMBA
> guidelines of being respectful on the trail?

Curtiss defends and supports the idiots that Vandeman points out to us.
Curitss is only a slightly more literate advocate than the email mountain
bikers with their obscenities and profanities, but like them he is a
scoundrel who is into nothing but the desecration of nature. He belongs in a
zoo with the other mountain biker animals, all of whom do not have enough
sense to know that bikes, no matter what they are called, do not belong on
hiking trails.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>> So you post a bunch of inflammatory opinions on a foundation of bias on a
>> website and a few hotheads or children send you a few emails.
>>
>> How does this A: support the title you posted in the thread? (Mountain
>> Bikers SILENT about Environmental Destruction in Their Backyard!) B:
>> Prove ANYTHING about the major majority of people who are following the
>> IMBA guidelines of being respectful on the trail?

> Curtiss defends and supports the idiots that Vandeman points out to us.
> Curitss is only a slightly more literate advocate than the email mountain
> bikers with their obscenities and profanities, but like them he is a
> scoundrel who is into nothing but the desecration of nature. He belongs in
> a zoo with the other mountain biker animals, all of whom do not have
> enough sense to know that bikes, no matter what they are called, do not
> belong on hiking trails.

Your comprehension skills are horrible. Either that or you apparently only
see what you want to see.
Where do I defend the persons sending him these emails? I merely asked how
this relative handful of bad examples "Prove ANYTHING about the major
majority of people who are following the IMBA guidelines of being respectful
on the trail?

Apparently, you would be perfectly OK with the following statements:

A few people use knives to rob other people so all people who own knives are
armed robbers.
A few people use the internet to scam little old ladies out of their savings
so all people who use the internet are guilty.
A few people hike in the woods and leave trash behind so all hikers are
litterbugs.

So please tell us, if you are indeed as "Great" as you claim to be, how the
statements above can be false when you stand beside Vandeman and his silly
postings with the same generalized implications:
A few people who claim to be mountain bikers send me angry or abusive emails
so every mountain biker is guilty of being angry and abusive.

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>>> So you post a bunch of inflammatory opinions on a foundation of bias on
>>> a website and a few hotheads or children send you a few emails.
>>>
>>> How does this A: support the title you posted in the thread? (Mountain
>>> Bikers SILENT about Environmental Destruction in Their Backyard!) B:
>>> Prove ANYTHING about the major majority of people who are following the
>>> IMBA guidelines of being respectful on the trail?

>> Curtiss defends and supports the idiots that Vandeman points out to us.
>> Curitss is only a slightly more literate advocate than the email mountain
>> bikers with their obscenities and profanities, but like them he is a
>> scoundrel who is into nothing but the desecration of nature. He belongs
>> in a zoo with the other mountain biker animals, all of whom do not have
>> enough sense to know that bikes, no matter what they are called, do not
>> belong on hiking trails.
>>

> Your comprehension skills are horrible. Either that or you apparently only
> see what you want to see.
> Where do I defend the persons sending him these emails? I merely asked how
> this relative handful of bad examples "Prove ANYTHING about the major
> majority of people who are following the IMBA guidelines of being
> respectful on the trail?

I believe what Vandeman presents to us is typical of the idiots, morons and
imbeciles who call themselves mountain bikers. I have also run into these
types in the flesh (ugh!) on many occasions myself.

> Apparently, you would be perfectly OK with the following statements:
>
> A few people use knives to rob other people so all people who own knives
> are armed robbers.

Actually I am not much in favor of people carrying knives on their persons
no matter the purpose.

> A few people use the internet to scam little old ladies out of their
> savings so all people who use the internet are guilty.

Never respond to spam messages let alone buy anything from them. That way
you will avoid being scammed.

> A few people hike in the woods and leave trash behind so all hikers are
> litterbugs.

I am the sort of person who actually picks up other peoples' trash as a I
poke along the trail. How about you?

> So please tell us, if you are indeed as "Great" as you claim to be, how
> the statements above can be false when you stand beside Vandeman and his
> silly postings with the same generalized implications:
> A few people who claim to be mountain bikers send me angry or abusive
> emails so every mountain biker is guilty of being angry and abusive.

It seems to be more than a few!

Curtiss, you need to get on board and stop your defense of the indefensible.
You are on the side of the Devil and Vandeman is on the side of the Angels.
Can't you just hear the Heavenly Choir singing when you read his messages!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> Curtiss defends and supports the idiots that Vandeman points out to us.
>>> Curitss is only a slightly more literate advocate than the email
>>> mountain bikers with their obscenities and profanities, but like them he
>>> is a scoundrel who is into nothing but the desecration of nature. He
>>> belongs in a zoo with the other mountain biker animals, all of whom do
>>> not have enough sense to know that bikes, no matter what they are
>>> called, do not belong on hiking trails.
>>>

>> Your comprehension skills are horrible. Either that or you apparently
>> only see what you want to see.
>> Where do I defend the persons sending him these emails? I merely asked
>> how this relative handful of bad examples "Prove ANYTHING about the major
>> majority of people who are following the IMBA guidelines of being
>> respectful on the trail?

> I believe what Vandeman presents to us is typical of the idiots, morons
> and imbeciles who call themselves mountain bikers. I have also run into
> these types in the flesh (ugh!) on many occasions myself.
>
>> Apparently, you would be perfectly OK with the following statements:
>>
>> A few people use knives to rob other people so all people who own knives
>> are armed robbers.

> Actually I am not much in favor of people carrying knives on their persons
> no matter the purpose.
>
>> A few people use the internet to scam little old ladies out of their
>> savings so all people who use the internet are guilty.

> Never respond to spam messages let alone buy anything from them. That way
> you will avoid being scammed.
>
>> A few people hike in the woods and leave trash behind so all hikers are
>> litterbugs.

> I am the sort of person who actually picks up other peoples' trash as a I
> poke along the trail. How about you?
>
>> So please tell us, if you are indeed as "Great" as you claim to be, how
>> the statements above can be false when you stand beside Vandeman and his
>> silly postings with the same generalized implications:
>> A few people who claim to be mountain bikers send me angry or abusive
>> emails so every mountain biker is guilty of being angry and abusive.

> It seems to be more than a few!

That's all "the Great" can come up with...?

> Curtiss, you need to get on board and stop your defense of the
> indefensible. You are on the side of the Devil and Vandeman is on the side
> of the Angels. Can't you just hear the Heavenly Choir singing when you
> read his messages!

I would not expect a Heavenly Choir to be singing while someone is
presenting incorrect information, advocating injury, and lying about
credentials.

On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:07:30 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>> Your comprehension skills are horrible. Either that or you apparently
>>> only see what you want to see.
>>> Where do I defend the persons sending him these emails? I merely asked
>>> how this relative handful of bad examples "Prove ANYTHING about the major
>>> majority of people who are following the IMBA guidelines of being
>>> respectful on the trail?

>> I believe what Vandeman presents to us is typical of the idiots, morons
>> and imbeciles who call themselves mountain bikers. I have also run into
>> these types in the flesh (ugh!) on many occasions myself.
>>
>>> Apparently, you would be perfectly OK with the following statements:
>>>
>>> A few people use knives to rob other people so all people who own knives
>>> are armed robbers.

>> Actually I am not much in favor of people carrying knives on their persons
>> no matter the purpose.
>>
>>> A few people use the internet to scam little old ladies out of their
>>> savings so all people who use the internet are guilty.

>> Never respond to spam messages let alone buy anything from them. That way
>> you will avoid being scammed.
>>
>>> A few people hike in the woods and leave trash behind so all hikers are
>>> litterbugs.

>> I am the sort of person who actually picks up other peoples' trash as a I
>> poke along the trail. How about you?
>>
>>> So please tell us, if you are indeed as "Great" as you claim to be, how
>>> the statements above can be false when you stand beside Vandeman and his
>>> silly postings with the same generalized implications:
>>> A few people who claim to be mountain bikers send me angry or abusive
>>> emails so every mountain biker is guilty of being angry and abusive.

>> It seems to be more than a few!

>That's all "the Great" can come up with...?
>>
>> Curtiss, you need to get on board and stop your defense of the
>> indefensible. You are on the side of the Devil and Vandeman is on the side
>> of the Angels. Can't you just hear the Heavenly Choir singing when you
>> read his messages!

>I would not expect a Heavenly Choir to be singing while someone is
>presenting incorrect information, advocating injury, and lying about
>credentials.

Your nose is growing again. It's pretty long, by now....
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> Your comprehension skills are horrible. Either that or you apparently
>>> only see what you want to see.
>>> Where do I defend the persons sending him these emails? I merely asked
>>> how this relative handful of bad examples "Prove ANYTHING about the
>>> major majority of people who are following the IMBA guidelines of being
>>> respectful on the trail?

>> I believe what Vandeman presents to us is typical of the idiots, morons
>> and imbeciles who call themselves mountain bikers. I have also run into
>> these types in the flesh (ugh!) on many occasions myself.
>>
>>> Apparently, you would be perfectly OK with the following statements:
>>>
>>> A few people use knives to rob other people so all people who own knives
>>> are armed robbers.

>> Actually I am not much in favor of people carrying knives on their
>> persons no matter the purpose.
>>
>>> A few people use the internet to scam little old ladies out of their
>>> savings so all people who use the internet are guilty.

>> Never respond to spam messages let alone buy anything from them. That way
>> you will avoid being scammed.
>>
>>> A few people hike in the woods and leave trash behind so all hikers are
>>> litterbugs.

>> I am the sort of person who actually picks up other peoples' trash as I
>> poke along the trail. How about you?
>>
>>> So please tell us, if you are indeed as "Great" as you claim to be, how
>>> the statements above can be false when you stand beside Vandeman and his
>>> silly postings with the same generalized implications:
>>> A few people who claim to be mountain bikers send me angry or abusive
>>> emails so every mountain biker is guilty of being angry and abusive.

>> It seems to be more than a few!

> That's all "the Great" can come up with...?

You write about what you want to write about and in your own inimitable
manner and I will do the same.

>> Curtiss, you need to get on board and stop your defense of the
>> indefensible. You are on the side of the Devil and Vandeman is on the
>> side of the Angels. Can't you just hear the Heavenly Choir singing when
>> you read his messages!

> I would not expect a Heavenly Choir to be singing while someone is
> presenting incorrect information, advocating injury, and lying about
> credentials.

I have not noted any of the above.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

>>> It seems to be more than a few!

>>That's all "the Great" can come up with...?
>>>
>>> Curtiss, you need to get on board and stop your defense of the
>>> indefensible. You are on the side of the Devil and Vandeman is on the
>>> side
>>> of the Angels. Can't you just hear the Heavenly Choir singing when you
>>> read his messages!

>>I would not expect a Heavenly Choir to be singing while someone is
>>presenting incorrect information, advocating injury, and lying about
>>credentials.

> Your nose is growing again. It's pretty long, by now....
> ===

Your OPINIONS on off-road cycling match the weight of your OPINIONS on the
honesty of people who disagree with you. Classic examples of finger pointing
to draw attention away from your own statements and having to defend them on
point. (Goofle Group search "vandeman" has 10 years of examples)

>>> Curtiss, you need to get on board and stop your defense of the
>>> indefensible. You are on the side of the Devil and Vandeman is on the
>>> side of the Angels. Can't you just hear the Heavenly Choir singing when
>>> you read his messages!

>> I would not expect a Heavenly Choir to be singing while someone is
>> presenting incorrect information, advocating injury, and lying about
>> credentials.

> I have not noted any of the above.

You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure you
it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is an
issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

>>> I would not expect a Heavenly Choir to be singing while someone is
>>> presenting incorrect information, advocating injury, and lying about
>>> credentials.

>> I have not noted any of the above.
>>

> You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure you
> it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is an
> issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or otherwise.
You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you. You
are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever be. So
live with it, why don't you!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> I have not noted any of the above.
>>>

>> You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure
>> you it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is
>> an issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

> Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
> footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or otherwise.
> You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you.
> You are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever be.
> So live with it, why don't you!

Like Vandeman, reality escapes you...
You just lost any credibility you may have held claim to. I own 2 mountain
bikes (actually, one belongs to the wife). I personally own 5 road bikes: A
Paramount, a Colnago, a Merckx and 2 Pinarellos. I spend 90% of my cycling
time on the road bikes.
The FACT of this apparently is beyond your scope - so you can take your
claim of "the Great" and this schizo "saint" ego of yours, stick your butt
in your comfy lounge chair on wheels, and ride back to where you came from.

On Sun, 21 May 2006 00:48:47 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> I have not noted any of the above.
>>>

>> You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure you
>> it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is an
>> issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

>Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or otherwise.
>You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you. You
>are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever be. So
>live with it, why don't you!

"Pearls before swine" is the phrase that comes to mind....

>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Sun, 21 May 2006 11:02:52 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure
>>> you it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is
>>> an issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

>> Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>> footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or otherwise.
>> You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you.
>> You are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever be.
>> So live with it, why don't you!
>>

>Like Vandeman, reality escapes you...
>You just lost any credibility you may have held claim to. I own 2 mountain
>bikes (actually, one belongs to the wife).

There you go LYING again. You can't even tell the truth about what you
own!

I personally own 5 road bikes: A
>Paramount, a Colnago, a Merckx and 2 Pinarellos. I spend 90% of my cycling
>time on the road bikes.
>The FACT of this apparently is beyond your scope - so you can take your
>claim of "the Great" and this schizo "saint" ego of yours, stick your butt
>in your comfy lounge chair on wheels, and ride back to where you came from.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>>> Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>>> footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or
>>> otherwise.
>>> You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you.
>>> You are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever
>>> be.
>>> So live with it, why don't you!
>>>

>>Like Vandeman, reality escapes you...
>>You just lost any credibility you may have held claim to. I own 2 mountain
>>bikes (actually, one belongs to the wife).

> There you go LYING again. You can't even tell the truth about what you
> own!

Seems crystal clear to me. After all, I bought it for her. I state the
ownership of the 2 mounain bikes therefore you are only manufacturing a case
for a "lie" based only only on wordplay with no real foundation. Transparent
Vandeman... Statements made with no real basis of foundation. 10 plus years
of usenet (google group search "vandeman") has many more examples.

> I personally own 5 road bikes: A
>>Paramount, a Colnago, a Merckx and 2 Pinarellos. I spend 90% of my cycling
>>time on the road bikes.
>>The FACT of this apparently is beyond your scope - so you can take your
>>claim of "the Great" and this schizo "saint" ego of yours, stick your butt
>>in your comfy lounge chair on wheels, and ride back to where you came
>>from.

>>> You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure
>>> you
>>> it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is an
>>> issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

>>Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>>footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or otherwise.
>>You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you.
>>You
>>are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever be. So
>>live with it, why don't you!

> "Pearls before swine" is the phrase that comes to mind....

Actually, based on reality of numbers, the National Forest Service, the
actual economy of recreation sustaining National Parks and recreational use
areas, and the additional realization of wilderness preservation from the
interest generated by recreation and economic interests from recreation...
It is YOU who will have to live with mountain bikes. Slob elitists like you
have fallen by the wayside. The internet has brought real information to the
fingertips of anybody. No more do government agencies have to rely on
self-important and self-assigned experts when the real public have access to
real information and the real people and organizations that create policy.
Live with that, why don't you!

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> You have not noted my interest in Italian road bikes, yet I can assure
>>> you it exists. Your lack of desire to see beyond what you want to see is
>>> an issue you and your therapist will have to deal with.

>> Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>> footpaths cannot possibly be interested in road bikes, Italian or
>> otherwise. You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the
>> measure of you. You are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all
>> you can ever be. So live with it, why don't you!
>>

> Like Vandeman, reality escapes you...
> You just lost any credibility you may have held claim to. I own 2 mountain
> bikes (actually, one belongs to the wife). I personally own 5 road bikes:
> A Paramount, a Colnago, a Merckx and 2 Pinarellos. I spend 90% of my
> cycling time on the road bikes.
> The FACT of this apparently is beyond your scope - so you can take your
> claim of "the Great" and this schizo "saint" ego of yours, stick your butt
> in your comfy lounge chair on wheels, and ride back to where you came
> from.

Why can't you stay happy on your road bikes? Are there not enough roads in
the land for you to ride them on? Why must you invade sacred spaces like a
footpath - on a bicycle of all things. Can't you walk? Can't you hike? Why
are you such a slob and such a sinner and, indeed, such a cretin?

Curtiss stands condemned out of his own mouth. He has road bikes, but he
would like to be able to ride his bikes off-road. That is why he has a
mountain bike. He is nothing but a bully and a thug. He wants what is not
his to want. He is truly criminal in his attitude toward the natural world
and my sacred footpaths.

Vandeman is championing the creatures of the earth who cannot defend
themselves against criminal vandals and thugs like Curtiss. All Curtiss is
championing are his own selfish interests which, if he had any brains, he
should not have in the first place. There are special places in Hell
reserved for his kind. I, as a Great Saint, will point Curtiss out to God
when the time comes for him to get his just deserts.

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>>Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>>>footpaths cannot possibly interested in road bikes, Italian or otherwise.
>>>You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the measure of you.
>>>You
>>>are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all you can ever be. So
>>>live with it, why don't you!

>> "Pearls before swine" is the phrase that comes to mind....
>>

> Actually, based on reality of numbers, the National Forest Service, the
> actual economy of recreation sustaining National Parks and recreational
> use areas, and the additional realization of wilderness preservation from
> the interest generated by recreation and economic interests from
> recreation...
> It is YOU who will have to live with mountain bikes. Slob elitists like
> you have fallen by the wayside. The internet has brought real information
> to the fingertips of anybody. No more do government agencies have to rely
> on self-important and self-assigned experts when the real public have
> access to real information and the real people and organizations that
> create policy.
> Live with that, why don't you!

All policy makers are educated men. Most government agencies that oversee
the land are staffed with college graduates. Many even have graduate degrees
in the natural sciences. I will trust them to put you and your ilk in your
place. They will listen to Vandeman because he has science on his side and
all you have on your side is your gluttonous desire to pig out on the
environment, without any regard for the wild creatures of the earth.

I would like to remind you that we humans came out of the wild ourselves
and, in fact, we are just about the only wild animals left on the surface of
the earth. What is needed is a genetics program to domesticate ourselves,
the same way we have domesticated sheep and all the other farm animals. A
wild animal in its' natural habitat is way too good for the likes of you.
You belong in a pig pen with all the other pigs.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:56:52 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> Slob mountain bikers like yourself who only want to desecrate my sacred
>>> footpaths cannot possibly be interested in road bikes, Italian or
>>> otherwise. You are not fooling anyone. Vandeman and I have got the
>>> measure of you. You are nothing but a slob mountain biker and that is all
>>> you can ever be. So live with it, why don't you!
>>>

>> Like Vandeman, reality escapes you...
>> You just lost any credibility you may have held claim to. I own 2 mountain
>> bikes (actually, one belongs to the wife). I personally own 5 road bikes:
>> A Paramount, a Colnago, a Merckx and 2 Pinarellos. I spend 90% of my
>> cycling time on the road bikes.
>> The FACT of this apparently is beyond your scope - so you can take your
>> claim of "the Great" and this schizo "saint" ego of yours, stick your butt
>> in your comfy lounge chair on wheels, and ride back to where you came
>> from.

>Why can't you stay happy on your road bikes? Are there not enough roads in
>the land for you to ride them on? Why must you invade sacred spaces like a
>footpath - on a bicycle of all things. Can't you walk?

Mountain bikers are too LAZY to hike.

Can't you hike? Why
>are you such a slob and such a sinner and, indeed, such a cretin?
>
>Curtiss stands condemned out of his own mouth. He has road bikes, but he
>would like to be able to ride his bikes off-road. That is why he has a
>mountain bike. He is nothing but a bully and a thug. He wants what is not
>his to want. He is truly criminal in his attitude toward the natural world
>and my sacred footpaths.
>
>Vandeman is championing the creatures of the earth who cannot defend
>themselves against criminal vandals and thugs like Curtiss. All Curtiss is
>championing are his own selfish interests which, if he had any brains, he
>should not have in the first place. There are special places in Hell
>reserved for his kind. I, as a Great Saint, will point Curtiss out to God
>when the time comes for him to get his just deserts.

Mountain bikers get their just desserts here on Earth: impotence and
other serious injuries. It's just poetic justice (I use words with
more than one syllable, because I know that mountain bikers can't
understand them).

>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> "Pearls before swine" is the phrase that comes to mind....
>>>

>> Actually, based on reality of numbers, the National Forest Service, the
>> actual economy of recreation sustaining National Parks and recreational
>> use areas, and the additional realization of wilderness preservation from
>> the interest generated by recreation and economic interests from
>> recreation...
>> It is YOU who will have to live with mountain bikes. Slob elitists like
>> you have fallen by the wayside. The internet has brought real information
>> to the fingertips of anybody. No more do government agencies have to rely
>> on self-important and self-assigned experts when the real public have
>> access to real information and the real people and organizations that
>> create policy.
>> Live with that, why don't you!

> All policy makers are educated men. Most government agencies that oversee
> the land are staffed with college graduates. Many even have graduate
> degrees in the natural sciences. I will trust them to put you and your ilk
> in your place. They will listen to Vandeman because he has science on his
> side and all you have on your side is your gluttonous desire to pig out on
> the environment, without any regard for the wild creatures of the earth.

They haven't so far. The National Forest Service management rulings came out
last year and allow bicycle access coordinated through local land managers.
What that means, mr. notsogreat, is that off-road cycling has been
recognized as a viable, non-motorized method of exploring many of the parks
and trails in the Country.
Local organizations are cooperating between cycling, hiking, equestrian and
other environmental preservation groups for the larger picture of slowing
sprawl and construction rather than bickering on how to access a trail.
Yours and Vandeman's hatred of off-road cyclists' has done nothing but
galvenize cyclists into a cohesive and educated block of individuals with
real information to counter the slander and bias that once was taken for
granted. You, Vandeman and myself will be gone at some point, but with the
help of recreationists' interests, perhaps some of the natural space will be
preserved well beyond our parting. If you want to spend the rest of your
days whining about your "sacred" footpaths, go forth and do so. Just always
remember, your voice is no more important than mine.

> I would like to remind you that we humans came out of the wild ourselves
> and, in fact, we are just about the only wild animals left on the surface
> of the earth. What is needed is a genetics program to domesticate
> ourselves, the same way we have domesticated sheep and all the other farm
> animals. A wild animal in its' natural habitat is way too good for the
> likes of you. You belong in a pig pen with all the other pigs.

You HAVE been overexposed to Vandeman. Now you are just making
non-statements and vague threats of reference. You better have some warm
milk and calm down. That button on the headboard will ring the nurse and she
will bring your medication.

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Actually, based on reality of numbers, the National Forest Service, the
>>> actual economy of recreation sustaining National Parks and recreational
>>> use areas, and the additional realization of wilderness preservation
>>> from the interest generated by recreation and economic interests from
>>> recreation...
>>> It is YOU who will have to live with mountain bikes. Slob elitists like
>>> you have fallen by the wayside. The internet has brought real
>>> information to the fingertips of anybody. No more do government agencies
>>> have to rely on self-important and self-assigned experts when the real
>>> public have access to real information and the real people and
>>> organizations that create policy.
>>> Live with that, why don't you!

>> All policy makers are educated men. Most government agencies that oversee
>> the land are staffed with college graduates. Many even have graduate
>> degrees in the natural sciences. I will trust them to put you and your
>> ilk in your place. They will listen to Vandeman because he has science on
>> his side and all you have on your side is your gluttonous desire to pig
>> out on the environment, without any regard for the wild creatures of the
>> earth.

> They haven't so far. The National Forest Service management rulings came
> out last year and allow bicycle access coordinated through local land
> managers. What that means, mr. notsogreat, is that off-road cycling has
> been recognized as a viable, non-motorized method of exploring many of the
> parks and trails in the Country.
> Local organizations are cooperating between cycling, hiking, equestrian
> and other environmental preservation groups for the larger picture of
> slowing sprawl and construction rather than bickering on how to access a
> trail. Yours and Vandeman's hatred of off-road cyclists' has done nothing
> but galvenize cyclists into a cohesive and educated block of individuals
> with real information to counter the slander and bias that once was taken
> for granted. You, Vandeman and myself will be gone at some point, but with
> the help of recreationists' interests, perhaps some of the natural space
> will be preserved well beyond our parting. If you want to spend the rest
> of your days whining about your "sacred" footpaths, go forth and do so.
> Just always remember, your voice is no more important than mine.

Mountain bikers are their own worst enemies. They will self-destruct like
all slobs do and eventually be banned from all hiking trails. The wilderness
and my sacred footpaths are for the cognoscenti, not for slob mountain
bikers. It takes brains to be able to appreciate wilderness, something that
mountain bikers sorely lack.

>> I would like to remind you that we humans came out of the wild ourselves
>> and, in fact, we are just about the only wild animals left on the surface
>> of the earth. What is needed is a genetics program to domesticate
>> ourselves, the same way we have domesticated sheep and all the other farm
>> animals. A wild animal in its' natural habitat is way too good for the
>> likes of you. You belong in a pig pen with all the other pigs.

> You HAVE been overexposed to Vandeman. Now you are just making
> non-statements and vague threats of reference. You better have some warm
> milk and calm down. That button on the headboard will ring the nurse and
> she will bring your medication.

You need to read, besides "1984", "Brave New World", after which you will
despair of mankind as I have. The only solution for what ails us is death.
Long Live Death!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

>> They haven't so far. The National Forest Service management rulings came
>> out last year and allow bicycle access coordinated through local land
>> managers. What that means, mr. notsogreat, is that off-road cycling has
>> been recognized as a viable, non-motorized method of exploring many of
>> the parks and trails in the Country.
>> Local organizations are cooperating between cycling, hiking, equestrian
>> and other environmental preservation groups for the larger picture of
>> slowing sprawl and construction rather than bickering on how to access a
>> trail. Yours and Vandeman's hatred of off-road cyclists' has done nothing
>> but galvenize cyclists into a cohesive and educated block of individuals
>> with real information to counter the slander and bias that once was taken
>> for granted. You, Vandeman and myself will be gone at some point, but
>> with the help of recreationists' interests, perhaps some of the natural
>> space will be preserved well beyond our parting. If you want to spend the
>> rest of your days whining about your "sacred" footpaths, go forth and do
>> so. Just always remember, your voice is no more important than mine.

> Mountain bikers are their own worst enemies. They will self-destruct like
> all slobs do and eventually be banned from all hiking trails. The
> wilderness and my sacred footpaths are for the cognoscenti, not for slob
> mountain bikers. It takes brains to be able to appreciate wilderness,
> something that mountain bikers sorely lack.

It must not take a lot of brains... You claim to do it.

>>> I would like to remind you that we humans came out of the wild ourselves
>>> and, in fact, we are just about the only wild animals left on the
>>> surface of the earth. What is needed is a genetics program to
>>> domesticate ourselves, the same way we have domesticated sheep and all
>>> the other farm animals. A wild animal in its' natural habitat is way too
>>> good for the likes of you. You belong in a pig pen with all the other
>>> pigs.

>> You HAVE been overexposed to Vandeman. Now you are just making
>> non-statements and vague threats of reference. You better have some warm
>> milk and calm down. That button on the headboard will ring the nurse and
>> she will bring your medication.

> You need to read, besides "1984", "Brave New World", after which you will
> despair of mankind as I have. The only solution for what ails us is death.
> Long Live Death!

You need to read a comic book. Or be in one...