Re: Vandeman calls mountain bikers "liars" and "criminals" then surprised by hate mail!

"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 28 May 2006 14:01:09 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

Curtiss is getting sloppy in his posting. If he can't post in the proper
format, then let him begone. We do not need any more idiots here who do not
know how to post.

[EDWARD DOLAN WROTE:]

>>>Thanks, Mike Vandeman, for again showing how you favor violence to solve
>>>problem. (Duly noted and forever available as a Google Group search under
>>>"vandeman")

>> Where do you see me advocating voiolence? You are fabricating again.
>> What I REALLY said was "Luckily, their worst enemies are themselves.
>> Evolution in action." I don't see the world "violence" there....
>> ===

> I see you making a statement in accordance and response to the statement
> "Hells Bells, I might even help them kill themselves by placing some
> obstacles on the trail for them to hit! Yea, the more dead mountain
> bikers, the better!"
>
> Thanks again for showing your lack of substance by replying on semantics
> rather than statement.

Violence reigns supreme everywhere in the world. What do you think the
Muslim terrorists are up to if not violence. If and when a mountain biker
breaks his fool neck, then I say good riddance. Just one less slob to have
to put up with in the wilderness. As I have already so aptly put it, the
more dead mountain bikers, the better! Maybe Curtiss could do us all a favor
and become one of them himself.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> Does anyone else hear a gnat...?
>>>

>>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> ...as opposed to junk science research which purports to show only that
>>> biking is more harmful than hiking....?
>>> Since you and MV are proclaiming the differences, it looks as if you are
>>> also the "fool" you reference.

>> Mountain bikers are into nothing but fun and games. Hikers are
>> philosophers who are into deep thinking about humankind and the universe.
>> They certainly do not belong on the same trails together.
>>

> Hmmm... A lot of the hikers I see are loud, walking all over the trail
> and off it, leaving trash behind, carrying and drinking alcohol, being
> careless about their own safety and others... Yep. Hikers are certainly
> the cream of the crop of humanity.
> Don't insult us with your wishful generalizations. You may venture out
> with that frame of mind, but do NOT place all hikers in that very small
> subset. And, by the same logic, you can not reference all off-road
> cyclists' motives based on either your opinion of the activity or the
> actions of a minority to which you may (or simply claim to) witness.

I have just never seen any slob hikers, whereas I have seen plenty of slob
mountain bikers.

>>> So now the great "Conan the Librarian" is pleading....? I don't need
>>> Shakespeare to read a tragedy - I can do that by looking at Vandeman's
>>> webpage.

>>> At least it would be more entertaining than reading the one-word history
>>> of the impact of Dolan on the modern world. (Dolan=Null)
>>> No thanks - I believe I would rather ride and experience it first
>>> hand...

>> Personal experience is only worth so much. It has to be checked against
>> the experience of many others. Those who write books have generally
>> thought about a subject quite extensively. Do less riding and more
>> writing and maybe you will get clearer in your mind about what matters in
>> this world. I assure you that mountain biking matters hardly at all
>> whereas what the Great Ed Dolan thinks matters enormously.

> ..and where is the published work of Ed Dolan? (I already know you are not
> "Edward F. Dolan".)

It is only industrious beavers like yourself who can work their way up to
writing anything and getting it published. I am way too lazy for any such
endeavors. I am like God that way, it is simply enough that I am.

> Again... I think it is more advantageous I get out on the bike and see
> some trees. As far as what the "not so great ed dolan (Conan the
> Librarian)" thinks about anything...
> http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/images/b3ta/donkey.jpg

Nope, I will never go to a link of yours because I do not trust you. But you
enjoy looking at your pictures all you want. I shall continue to contemplate
my navel as is my custom from my early childhood.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:eek:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:01:46 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> So you agree that it's not necessary to allow bikes off-road?
>>> ===

>>Who said it was "necessary"...? Making something "necessary"
>>(required, so to speak) is a far cry from making, or keeping, it legal
>>as an option. Your insistence that it be banned simply because you do
>>not choose to utilize it as a tool is not necessary, either. The
>>off-road bicycle is a tool, just as a backpack or canteen is a tool. A
>>loaded pack often weighs as much as a bicycle. You argue for banning
>>one tool based on your OPINIONS, which have not been PROVEN to be
>>anything but opinions. You scoff at other research, often conducted by
>>accredited researchers, if it counters your OPINIONS than rally behind
>>a battle of verbage and semantics when you get called on these
>>opinions. What has been proven unnecessary are your writings,
>>submissions and opinions. Road construction continues. Sprawl
>>continues. Habitat destruction continues. And the ONLY thing you
>>continue is to whine about bicycles... That is no longer pathetic...
>>It is simply a waste.

> Did you say something?

Yeah, he said you are wasting your time.

Has one off-road cyclist quit riding off road due to you posting your
opinions on this NG?? If so, please provide names, so that it can be
verified. If not, just proff that you are wasting your time.

> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

WTF are you on about...? Oh no - Did I post on top...? How silly of me..

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Curtiss is getting sloppy in his posting. If he can't post in the proper
> format, then let him begone. We do not need any more idiots here who do
> not know how to post.

>>> Where do you see me advocating voiolence? You are fabricating again.
>>> What I REALLY said was "Luckily, their worst enemies are themselves.
>>> Evolution in action." I don't see the world "violence" there....
>>> ===

>> I see you making a statement in accordance and response to the statement
>> "Hells Bells, I might even help them kill themselves by placing some
>> obstacles on the trail for them to hit! Yea, the more dead mountain
>> bikers, the better!"
>>
>> Thanks again for showing your lack of substance by replying on semantics
>> rather than statement.

> Violence reigns supreme everywhere in the world. What do you think the
> Muslim terrorists are up to if not violence. If and when a mountain biker
> breaks his fool neck, then I say good riddance. Just one less slob to have
> to put up with in the wilderness. As I have already so aptly put it, the
> more dead mountain bikers, the better! Maybe Curtiss could do us all a
> favor and become one of them himself.

Who let Conan the Librarian out of the copy room...?

news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:01:46 -0400, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> So you agree that it's not necessary to allow bikes off-road?
>>> ===

>>Who said it was "necessary"...? Making something "necessary" (required, so
>>to speak) is a far cry from making, or keeping, it legal as an option.
>>Your
>>insistence that it be banned simply because you do not choose to utilize
>>it
>>as a tool is not necessary, either. The off-road bicycle is a tool, just
>>as
>>a backpack or canteen is a tool. A loaded pack often weighs as much as a
>>bicycle. You argue for banning one tool based on your OPINIONS, which have
>>not been PROVEN to be anything but opinions. You scoff at other research,
>>often conducted by accredited researchers, if it counters your OPINIONS
>>than
>>rally behind a battle of verbage and semantics when you get called on
>>these
>>opinions.
>>What has been proven unnecessary are your writings, submissions and
>>opinions. Road construction continues. Sprawl continues. Habitat
>>destruction
>>continues. And the ONLY thing you continue is to whine about bicycles...
>>That is no longer pathetic... It is simply a waste.

> Did you say something?

If you asked me on a Monday... I'd say "yeeeeaaaaassssssss".... If you
asked me on a Tuesday... I'd say "yeeeeeaaaaaasssssss"...

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> Hmmm... A lot of the hikers I see are loud, walking all over the trail
>> and off it, leaving trash behind, carrying and drinking alcohol, being
>> careless about their own safety and others... Yep. Hikers are certainly
>> the cream of the crop of humanity.
>> Don't insult us with your wishful generalizations. You may venture out
>> with that frame of mind, but do NOT place all hikers in that very small
>> subset. And, by the same logic, you can not reference all off-road
>> cyclists' motives based on either your opinion of the activity or the
>> actions of a minority to which you may (or simply claim to) witness.

> I have just never seen any slob hikers, whereas I have seen plenty of slob
> mountain bikers.

Then maybe its you... Perhaps you need a mirror.

>>> Personal experience is only worth so much. It has to be checked against
>>> the experience of many others. Those who write books have generally
>>> thought about a subject quite extensively. Do less riding and more
>>> writing and maybe you will get clearer in your mind about what matters
>>> in this world. I assure you that mountain biking matters hardly at all
>>> whereas what the Great Ed Dolan thinks matters enormously.

>> ..and where is the published work of Ed Dolan? (I already know you are
>> not "Edward F. Dolan".)

> It is only industrious beavers like yourself who can work their way up to
> writing anything and getting it published. I am way too lazy for any such
> endeavors. I am like God that way, it is simply enough that I am.

You are... a waste of space? a blot on the floor? an ego with
constipation?

>> Again... I think it is more advantageous I get out on the bike and see
>> some trees. As far as what the "not so great ed dolan (Conan the
>> Librarian)" thinks about anything...
>> http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/images/b3ta/donkey.jpg

> Nope, I will never go to a link of yours because I do not trust you. But
> you enjoy looking at your pictures all you want. I shall continue to
> contemplate my navel as is my custom from my early childhood.

....and all this time I thought you were a construct from A-51 that got loose
before being educated....

"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

POST RIGHT OR BEGONE!

> WTF are you on about...? Oh no - Did I post on top...? How silly of me..

I will make allowances for bona fide idiots but I had not put Curtiss (he of
the double s') in that class until now. I don't think Vandeman has ever done
an improper post. That ought to tell us all something about who is and who
isn't a scoundrel.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> Curtiss is getting sloppy in his posting. If he can't post in the proper
>> format, then let him begone. We do not need any more idiots here who do
>> not know how to post.

[...]

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>>> Hmmm... A lot of the hikers I see are loud, walking all over the trail
>>> and off it, leaving trash behind, carrying and drinking alcohol, being
>>> careless about their own safety and others... Yep. Hikers are
>>> certainly the cream of the crop of humanity.
>>> Don't insult us with your wishful generalizations. You may venture out
>>> with that frame of mind, but do NOT place all hikers in that very small
>>> subset. And, by the same logic, you can not reference all off-road
>>> cyclists' motives based on either your opinion of the activity or the
>>> actions of a minority to which you may (or simply claim to) witness.

>> I have just never seen any slob hikers, whereas I have seen plenty of
>> slob mountain bikers.

> Then maybe its you... Perhaps you need a mirror.

>>> ..and where is the published work of Ed Dolan? (I already know you are
>>> not "Edward F. Dolan".)

>> It is only industrious beavers like yourself who can work their way up to
>> writing anything and getting it published. I am way too lazy for any such
>> endeavors. I am like God that way, it is simply enough that I am.

> You are... a waste of space? a blot on the floor? an ego with
> constipation?
>>
>>> Again... I think it is more advantageous I get out on the bike and see
>>> some trees. As far as what the "not so great ed dolan (Conan the
>>> Librarian)" thinks about anything...
>>> http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/images/b3ta/donkey.jpg

>> Nope, I will never go to a link of yours because I do not trust you. But
>> you enjoy looking at your pictures all you want. I shall continue to
>> contemplate my navel as is my custom from my early childhood.

> ...and all this time I thought you were a construct from A-51 that got
> loose before being educated....

Curtiss is a wonderful example of a cretin who thinks he knows something. I
place him at the high school level, but a high schooler who has done a bit
or reading on his own. However, that is not good enough for the kind of
world we are living in today. He badly needs instruction by his superiors. I
myself am far too lazy (my very best virtue) to bother with him. No, he will
have to get on in this old world the best he can with what he's got. He will
never go far, but maybe he can stay one or two steps ahead of all the
Mexican peons that are pouring into the country.

Edward Dolan wrote:

> ... I don't think Vandeman
> has ever done an improper post.

OMG. Great One, you've been deceived! The Mad Do(r)c {tm} is one of the
most insipid posters in the history of Usenet (content not even included).
He'll leave ridiculously long amounts of text -- often disjointed at that --
in place just to add a classic "Liar! Duh!" or "Did you say something?".
His posts are often literally undecipherable as to who said what or what's
been added.

To his miniscule credit, however, at least he finally joined the rest of
humanity and began using ">" as a quotation delineator. For YEARS he used a
plain dot "." which truly made his posts unreadable. (Perhaps a good thing,
of course.)

He wasn't named Usenet Kook of the Millennium for nuthin', you know...

Bill S.

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> ... I don't think Vandeman
>> has ever done an improper post.

> OMG. Great One, you've been deceived! The Mad Do(r)c {tm} is one of the
> most insipid posters in the history of Usenet (content not even included).
> He'll leave ridiculously long amounts of text -- often disjointed at
> that -- in place just to add a classic "Liar! Duh!" or "Did you say
> something?". His posts are often literally undecipherable as to who said
> what or what's been added.
>
> To his miniscule credit, however, at least he finally joined the rest of
> humanity and began using ">" as a quotation delineator. For YEARS he used
> a plain dot "." which truly made his posts unreadable. (Perhaps a good
> thing, of course.)

I think the above is a function of the newsreader you are using and nothing
else.

> He wasn't named Usenet Kook of the Millennium for nuthin', you know...
>
> Bill S.

Sorni, I am only going by what I am presently seeing. As you well know, I
will never do any kind of research when it comes to Usenet. Vandeman posts
in the correct format even though he does not do any editing. It is fine to
edit too, but it must be done judiciously and in the correct format. If I
have to choose between those who do too much editing and those who do no
editing, I will go every time with those who do no editing. The reason for
this is that they are not selectively editing to make themselves look good
and the other fellow look bad. It actually takes courage to do this when
others are piling on. Even the redoubtable Tom Sherman could not restrain
himself from doing very selective editing to make himself look good and to
make you look bad.

I feel that Vandeman has gotten a very bad rap on these newsgroups. It
mainly comes from the mountain bikers of course. Vandeman is brilliant in
the way that he responds to posts. He goes right to the heart of the issue
every time. It take brains to do this. I could do it too, but I prefer to
ramble all over the place, give the other fellow a break and get off topic
as much as possible. Vandeman takes newsgroup more seriously than I do. I am
here to play the fool as that is all I think Usenet is good for. But it is
good nonetheless to see some others taking it seriously.

I will only go totally berserk when others bring sexual innuendo into the
conversation. This come from my Great Holiness as a Great Saint. My persona
(Saint Edward the Great) comes right out of the High Middle Ages. My God -
you do not want to mess with this character as He is a Devil of a Saint - a
regular Lucifer in fact. Even I, Ed Dolan the Great, fear Saint Edward the
Great!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:17:34 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I have just never seen any slob hikers, whereas I have seen plenty of
>>> slob mountain bikers.

>> Then maybe its you... Perhaps you need a mirror.

>>> It is only industrious beavers like yourself who can work their way up to
>>> writing anything and getting it published. I am way too lazy for any such
>>> endeavors. I am like God that way, it is simply enough that I am.

>> You are... a waste of space? a blot on the floor? an ego with
>> constipation?

>>> Nope, I will never go to a link of yours because I do not trust you. But
>>> you enjoy looking at your pictures all you want. I shall continue to
>>> contemplate my navel as is my custom from my early childhood.

>> ...and all this time I thought you were a construct from A-51 that got
>> loose before being educated....

>Curtiss is a wonderful example of a cretin who thinks he knows something. I
>place him at the high school level, but a high schooler who has done a bit
>or reading on his own. However, that is not good enough for the kind of
>world we are living in today. He badly needs instruction by his superiors. I
>myself am far too lazy (my very best virtue) to bother with him. No, he will
>have to get on in this old world the best he can with what he's got. He will
>never go far, but maybe he can stay one or two steps ahead of all the
>Mexican peons that are pouring into the country.

I doubt it. I don't think he can even make a decent burrito or fight a
bull.

>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

===

Edward Dolan wrote:
at least he finally joined the rest of
>>humanity and began using ">" as a quotation delineator. For YEARS he used
>>a plain dot "." which truly made his posts unreadable. (Perhaps a good
>>thing, of course.)

> I think the above is a function of the newsreader you are using and nothing
> else.

The character displayed at the start of each quoted line can be varied;
some newsreaders offer an impressive list of choices. As the above
poster tries to explain, some such characters do not lend themselves to
easy reading. Indeed, some of them even seem to muddy the quoted
material. This is further exacerbated in part to the habit of some
newsreaders' formatting which changes the original's number of
characters per line whle retaining nearly all other formatting. Any
resulting ASCII mishmash is truly undecipherable. While one has little
control overthe latter behavior, one can find a wide variety of markers
to indicate quoted material.

Beyond that, many posters for whatever reason will not snip the
irrelevant portions of the original; after three to seven levels of
reply, the resulting post is often beyond the ability of a middle-grade
cryptographer.

Pete H

Amazing how you will take Vandy's word on its own, without even entertaining
the possibility that the hostility generated is from his own actions. You
state a refusal to even conduct a 10 minute search on the history of his
posting on usenet but would still completely disregard the possibility that
so many people of differing backgrounds have shown how his OPINIONS are
often a contradiction or, at least, a misuse of the "science" he claims as a
foundation.
Yet you have also posted negatively towards people of faith, but put the
same type of "faith" in Vandeman and his opinions. I suppose contradictions
attract...

Top posting is fun, low in calories and can lower your cholesterol with a
regular exercise program.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> POST RIGHT OR BEGONE!
>
>> WTF are you on about...? Oh no - Did I post on top...? How silly of
>> me..

> I will make allowances for bona fide idiots but I had not put Curtiss (he
> of the double s') in that class until now. I don't think Vandeman has ever
> done an improper post. That ought to tell us all something about who is
> and who isn't a scoundrel.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I have just never seen any slob hikers, whereas I have seen plenty of
>>> slob mountain bikers.

>> Then maybe its you... Perhaps you need a mirror.

>>> It is only industrious beavers like yourself who can work their way up
>>> to writing anything and getting it published. I am way too lazy for any
>>> such endeavors. I am like God that way, it is simply enough that I am.

>> You are... a waste of space? a blot on the floor? an ego with
>> constipation?

>>> Nope, I will never go to a link of yours because I do not trust you. But
>>> you enjoy looking at your pictures all you want. I shall continue to
>>> contemplate my navel as is my custom from my early childhood.

>> ...and all this time I thought you were a construct from A-51 that got
>> loose before being educated....

> Curtiss is a wonderful example of a cretin who thinks he knows something.
> I place him at the high school level, but a high schooler who has done a
> bit or reading on his own. However, that is not good enough for the kind
> of world we are living in today. He badly needs instruction by his
> superiors. I myself am far too lazy (my very best virtue) to bother with
> him. No, he will have to get on in this old world the best he can with
> what he's got. He will never go far, but maybe he can stay one or two
> steps ahead of all the Mexican peons that are pouring into the country.

A reference to my education from Conan the Librarian..? Character
assasination...Name calling... You have been reading from the book of
Vandeman again. Oh well, like I said before, this country is founded on
religious freedom.

> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 00:17:34 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> I doubt it. I don't think he can even make a decent burrito or fight a
> bull.

Now you are advocating I engage in the senseless killing of an animal for
recreation...? Will you please make up your mind!?

"pmhilton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
> at least he finally joined the rest of
>>>humanity and began using ">" as a quotation delineator. For YEARS he
>>>used a plain dot "." which truly made his posts unreadable. (Perhaps a
>>>good thing, of course.)

>> I think the above is a function of the newsreader you are using and
>> nothing else.

> The character displayed at the start of each quoted line can be varied;
> some newsreaders offer an impressive list of choices. As the above poster
> tries to explain, some such characters do not lend themselves to easy
> reading. Indeed, some of them even seem to muddy the quoted material. This
> is further exacerbated in part to the habit of some newsreaders'
> formatting which changes the original's number of characters per line whle
> retaining nearly all other formatting. Any resulting ASCII mishmash is
> truly undecipherable. While one has little control overthe latter
> behavior, one can find a wide variety of markers to indicate quoted
> material.

I too have been guilty of condemning others for messed up posts when I am
now pretty sure it was their newsreader that was at fault. I use OE
exclusively as my newsreader. I am not a geek and I refuse to become one. A
newsreader should be set up with default settings that do not need to be
messed with in order for the messages to read properly. So far, my OE
newsreader has always done it right.

> Beyond that, many posters for whatever reason will not snip the irrelevant
> portions of the original; after three to seven levels of reply, the
> resulting post is often beyond the ability of a middle-grade
> cryptographer.

I do not believe there is a better editor in all Usenet than yours truly.
But I have been the victim over and over of extremely bad editing. Actually,
it takes brains to know how to edit and it takes time too. You and I both
know that Vandeman would know how to edit, but he does not do it in order to
save time. Curtiss does not do any editing either and for the same reason.

There are advantages to not doing any editing provided the newsreader is
doing the correct signing. It is eminently fair to one and all. I have
gotten very good at quickly getting to the new material and it doesn't hurt
to occasionally review the old material either. But I do agree with you,
that it gets messy after many replies. I would prefer that more editing be
done, but I do not like stupid or dishonest people to do any editing. You
and I would know how to do it without any difficulty.

One thing I will never do is edit to make myself look good at the other
person's expense. That has been done to me too many times and I don't like
it much. But believe you me, I would know how to do it to perfection if I so
chose.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

> Amazing how you will take Vandy's word on its own, without even
> entertaining the possibility that the hostility generated is from his own
> actions. You state a refusal to even conduct a 10 minute search on the
> history of his posting on usenet but would still completely disregard the
> possibility that so many people of differing backgrounds have shown how
> his OPINIONS are often a contradiction or, at least, a misuse of the
> "science" he claims as a foundation.
> Yet you have also posted negatively towards people of faith, but put the
> same type of "faith" in Vandeman and his opinions. I suppose
> contradictions attract...
>
> Top posting is fun, low in calories and can lower your cholesterol with a
> regular exercise program.

I am only going by what I see in front of me. The reason I will not do any
research regarding what anyone has previously said on Usenet is that I do
not take this medium seriously. Your many replies to Vandeman is a case in
point. You belabor the obvious over and over to no good end. Vandeman is
quite right to respond to you with one word replies. I am surprised he pays
any attention to you at all. I sure wouldn't.

Try to figure out how to come up with something new to say or get lost.
Everyone is fed up by now with your inane defense of mountain biking on
hiking trails in the wilderness. Have you no shame?

> "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

[...]
>> Curtiss is a wonderful example of a cretin who thinks he knows something.
>> I place him at the high school level, but a high schooler who has done a
>> bit or reading on his own. However, that is not good enough for the kind
>> of world we are living in today. He badly needs instruction by his
>> superiors. I myself am far too lazy (my very best virtue) to bother with
>> him. No, he will have to get on in this old world the best he can with
>> what he's got. He will never go far, but maybe he can stay one or two
>> steps ahead of all the Mexican peons that are pouring into the country.
>>

> A reference to my education from Conan the Librarian..? Character
> assasination...Name calling... You have been reading from the book of
> Vandeman again. Oh well, like I said before, this country is founded on
> religious freedom.

It is the gentlest sort of name calling. You should hear what others on
these freaking forums have called me. Some one even had the effrontery to
call me a racist and a bigot! Imagine that!

I did not attack anyone's religion, but I will be delighted to do so if you
wish. Please indicate which group you would like me to focus my venom on.
Saint Edward the Great is ever up to the task of attacking (or defending)
any religion. There are so many, I hardly know where to begin. I have many
good things to say about the ancient religion of Zoroastrianism, if you are
interested.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
>
>> Amazing how you will take Vandy's word on its own, without even
>> entertaining the possibility that the hostility generated is from his own
>> actions. You state a refusal to even conduct a 10 minute search on the
>> history of his posting on usenet but would still completely disregard the
>> possibility that so many people of differing backgrounds have shown how
>> his OPINIONS are often a contradiction or, at least, a misuse of the
>> "science" he claims as a foundation.
>> Yet you have also posted negatively towards people of faith, but put the
>> same type of "faith" in Vandeman and his opinions. I suppose
>> contradictions attract...
>>
>> Top posting is fun, low in calories and can lower your cholesterol with a
>> regular exercise program.

> I am only going by what I see in front of me. The reason I will not do any
> research regarding what anyone has previously said on Usenet is that I do
> not take this medium seriously. Your many replies to Vandeman is a case in
> point. You belabor the obvious over and over to no good end. Vandeman is
> quite right to respond to you with one word replies. I am surprised he
> pays any attention to you at all. I sure wouldn't.

I'm actually glad he replies. It shows he knows his opinions have no
foundation and he has to try to derail any challenge on fact by any other
means at his disposal. (character assasination, name calling, baseless
claims on the integrity of other research...)
I would agree, however, his methods and faulty opinions are obvious to
anyone who cares to look. Your constant of claims of superiority, btw, are
as valid as Vandy's opinions. Your refusal to look beyond the subject of
hiking and look at his actual tactics and basis for forming a conclusion
around his opinions also puts any credibility you may have in question.

> Try to figure out how to come up with something new to say or get lost.
> Everyone is fed up by now with your inane defense of mountain biking on
> hiking trails in the wilderness. Have you no shame?

Actually, you have it backwords. Everyone is fed up with Vandy's opinions,
false claims, self-appointed status, and baseless claims of credibility. You
can see that if you took 10 minutes on google group search "vandeman". There
has not been ONE single outside source or credited environmental scientist
or researcher to post in support or in reference. The shame you reference
does not apply as I have done nothing but point this out.
And you can also try to find ONE single post which I state support for
cycling in designated wilderness. You need to seperate the term "wilderness"
from your discussion as cycling is not allowed on wilderness trails. But
that is your (and his) shortcoming. The truth hardly matters as long as you
can attempt to force your opinion.
Beyond any of that, I enjoy letting Vandy know whenever possible that he has
lost. Your support, btw, has increased his loss tenfold.

"Edward Dolan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> [...]
>>> Curtiss is a wonderful example of a cretin who thinks he knows
>>> something. I place him at the high school level, but a high schooler who
>>> has done a bit or reading on his own. However, that is not good enough
>>> for the kind of world we are living in today. He badly needs instruction
>>> by his superiors. I myself am far too lazy (my very best virtue) to
>>> bother with him. No, he will have to get on in this old world the best
>>> he can with what he's got. He will never go far, but maybe he can stay
>>> one or two steps ahead of all the Mexican peons that are pouring into
>>> the country.
>>>

>> A reference to my education from Conan the Librarian..? Character
>> assasination...Name calling... You have been reading from the book of
>> Vandeman again. Oh well, like I said before, this country is founded on
>> religious freedom.

> It is the gentlest sort of name calling. You should hear what others on
> these freaking forums have called me. Some one even had the effrontery to
> call me a racist and a bigot! Imagine that!
>
> I did not attack anyone's religion, but I will be delighted to do so if
> you wish. Please indicate which group you would like me to focus my venom
> on. Saint Edward the Great is ever up to the task of attacking (or
> defending) any religion. There are so many, I hardly know where to begin.
> I have many good things to say about the ancient religion of
> Zoroastrianism, if you are interested.

Perhaps you could explain your blind faith in the word of Vandeman. So far,
you are his only disciple. You take his word on faith. You refuse to accept
information that puts his word in question. You refuse to take the time to
test his word. That is "faith". But you are within your rights to follow
whatever religion you like. Perhaps you can shave your head, wear a flower
and take up a collection for "vandenetics".