Recumbent Tandems?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Eben Haber, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Eben Haber

    Eben Haber Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I'm starting to look into recumbent tandems. Can anybody fill me in on who's manufacturing them
    these days? So far I know about:

    BikeE (still a few out there) Barcroft Vision Rans Zox

    Are there any more? Does anybody have any comments to make about those above?

    Thanks,

    -Eben Haber

    Tags:

  2. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    > BikeE (still a few out there) Barcroft Vision Rans Zox

    Look here: http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/misc/TwosCompany.htm

    Mads

    NB: Sorry for my other blank reply - will delete it from server (who knew CTRL+ALT+ENTER equals
    SEND? Was aiming for CTRL+ALT+END, then ENTER to remove part of message - poor aim I guess).

  3. If the question is...list tandems, then there is the Troika and Greenspeed Tandem.
    ----------------------
    "Mads Hilberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > BikeE (still a few out there) Barcroft Vision Rans Zox
    >
    > Look here: http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/misc/TwosCompany.htm
    >
    > Mads
    >
    > NB: Sorry for my other blank reply - will delete it from server (who knew CTRL+ALT+ENTER equals
    > SEND? Was aiming for CTRL+ALT+END, then ENTER to remove part of message - poor aim I guess).

  4. Doug Huffman

    Doug Huffman Guest

    Longbikes first made tandems and multibikes and now builds recumbent and may still be building the
    Ryan designed Duplex or its evolutionary successor.

    "Eben Haber" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I'm starting to look into recumbent tandems. Can anybody fill me in on
    who's
    > manufacturing them these days? So far I know about:
    >
    > BikeE (still a few out there) Barcroft Vision Rans Zox
    >
    > Are there any more? Does anybody have any comments to make about those
    above?

    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Eben Haber

  5. easy racers has a tandem

  6. CBrown

    CBrown New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2003
    Organic Engines has the Daisy Mayhem. Like a Screamer but a little lower.

  7. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    Bike Friday makes a recumbent tandem, too. It's the DoubleDay.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  8. Von

    Von Guest

    Eben Haber <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I'm starting to look into recumbent tandems. Can anybody fill me in on who's manufacturing them
    > these days? So far I know about:
    >
    > BikeE (still a few out there) Barcroft Vision Rans Zox
    >
    > Are there any more? Does anybody have any comments to make about those above?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Eben Haber
    After 15 years on df tandems we swiched to a Rans Screamer. Tried a Ryan and Double vision,Screamer
    worked best for us. Only regret, should have changed yrars ago!The one big up grade was White Bro.
    front shock.Our roads in Western MA.are not that great.I like the idea of front wheel staying in
    contact with the road. Von(It's not what you ride,but that you ride)

  9. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    A few more tandems:

    - - Sun LWB
    - - Lightfoot
    - - Hase 5 wheel (2 hitched deltas)
    - - Penninger " "
    - - Greenspeed tandem trike
    - - ICE tandem trike
    - - WizWheelz tandem trike (I know one has been delivered)

    Bob Bryant http://www.recumbentcyclistnews.com

  10. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    This may be my all time favorite bike name...a tandem demands some level of cooperation and
    synchronization, and yet...the Daisy Mayhem! I LOVE IT! "CBrown" <[email protected]>
    > Alan Mushnick wrote:
    > > easy racers has a tandem
    >

    > Organic Engines has the Daisy Mayhem. Like a Screamer but a little lower.

  11. Mike Euritt

    Mike Euritt Guest

  12. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > A few more tandems:
    >
    > - - Sun LWB
    > - - Lightfoot
    > - - Hase 5 wheel (2 hitched deltas)

    Bob, you shoulda made it to the Human Power Challenge in Portland two weeks ago. The Multi-rider
    category had: A RANS Screamer tandem with fairing and body sock A pair of Hase Kettweisels, linked
    Gary Dinsmore's dual-drivetrain, dual-suspended, WYMS copy Tom Traylor's back-to-back carbon fiber
    tandem Steve Nash's back-to-back lowracer tandem, which we called the "Flying Snowfence"

    Interestingly, only one (the RANS) had a "normal" tandem drivetrain. Every other one had seperate
    drivetrains for each rider.

    Results from the race at: http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/index.htm Pictures coming soon.

    Jeff

  13. On 8 Jun 2003 21:00:31 +0950, CBrown <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Organic Engines has the Daisy Mayhem. Like a Screamer but a little lower.

    Their web page says it's no longer in production.

  14. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > A few more tandems:
    <snip>

    > Interestingly, only one (the RANS) had a "normal" tandem drivetrain. Every other one had seperate
    > drivetrains for each rider.
    >
    > Results from the race at: http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/index.htm Pictures coming soon.
    >
    > Jeff

    Whoops- I forgot: Gabe Devault brought up a Sun tandem. People were test-riding it all weekend. A
    couple of guys even tried navigating it through the autocross course.

    Jeff

  15. CBrown

    CBrown New Member

    Joined:
    May 17, 2003
    I didn't realize Dan had stopped making them. I'll bet mine is from the last batch he made. I got it last summer. I certainly understand about his extensive model line. It was too much to carry them all. Do I have a classic?

  16. I can't wait to see the photos of the bikes at your shindig.

    We have 3 recumbent tandems and one df tandem in the garage. It may just come to pass that the
    original WYMS tandem will be up for sale soon. I am getting old and need to reduce the volume of my
    accouterment.
    --
    Bill "Pop Pop" Patterson Retired and riding my front drive low racer and our M5 tandem.

    See some Bikes At:

    http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

    PC

    http://www.roadkillbill.com/r135.html