Seen elsewhere, great ebay bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bryan, Oct 17, 2006.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan New Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)

    http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)

    Hurry it's nearly gone :)

    Bryan

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:
    > Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)
    >
    > Hurry it's nearly gone :)

    Wonderful!

    I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    from now on ;-)

    I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci

  3. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Tony Raven
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:
    >> Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)
    >>
    >> Hurry it's nearly gone :)
    >>

    > Wonderful!
    >
    > I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    > from now on ;-)
    >
    > I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    > ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    What gets me is the pictures /so/ don't agree with the text.

    "Ago fork:The Fox Float 120 RLs 120 mm route of travel, adjustable return
    to play, lock to wait forever function"

    Well, a Fox Float is a reasonable fork, but it doesn't look like that.

    "Stir ago:Shimano M-580 LX
    Stir behind:Shimano M-750 XT"

    I quite like the idea of derailleurs being called 'stirs' - after all, you
    use them for stirring the gears. But the derailleurs in the photo are
    clearly marked 'SunRun'.

  4. PhilD

    PhilD Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    > from now on ;-)

    I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!

    PhilD

    --
    <><

  5. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    PhilD wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >> I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full suspension"
    >> from now on ;-)

    > I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!
    >
    > PhilD

    In the touring stakes I don't think the Dawes Galaxy has much to fear.

    Sam Salt

  6. SW

    SW Guest

    Not bad - six quid ain't bad for a 'Touring Bike'.

  7. Bryan

    Bryan New Member

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    It's fork lock out, you can wait forever for the fork to bounce 'cause it won't :)

    I like teh fact it has 'flywheels' and all chainrings should be called 'tooth dish', but what is an 'Empress stalk'?

    Bryan

  8. Tony Raven wrote:
    > Bryan wrote on 17/10/2006 09:55 +0100:
    >> Obviously some computer translation, definitely woirth a look :)
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ye9o88 (linkt to ebay item 300037650532)
    >>
    >> Hurry it's nearly gone :)
    >>

    > Wonderful!
    >
    > I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full
    > suspension" from now on ;-)
    >
    > I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    > ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    I want a Truvativ Stylo tooth dish, too.

  9. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Bryan
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > PhilD Wrote:
    >> Tony Raven wrote:
    >> > I think I shall use "Avoid the earthquake" instead of "full

    >> suspension"
    >> > from now on ;-)

    >> I wonder what "lock to wait forever function" is supposed to mean!
    >>
    >> PhilD
    >>
    >> --
    >> <><

    > It's fork lock out, you can wait forever for the fork to bounce 'cause
    > it won't :)
    >
    > I like teh fact it has 'flywheels' and all chainrings should be called
    > 'tooth dish', but what is an 'Empress stalk'?

    I'm /fairly/ confident that's the rear hub.

  10. Paul Boyd

    Paul Boyd Guest

    I also like the idea that it may take 35-45 days to deliver. After 45
    days you can no longer do a Paypal chargeback for non-delivery *when* it
    doesn't actually turn up....

    All in all, having carefully considered, I think I'll give it a miss :)

    --
    Paul Boyd
    http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

  11. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Ambrose Nankivell <firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    > >
    > > I also especially like the honest description of the gear mechs - stir
    > > ago and stir behind. Not too accurate gear changing I take it.

    > I want a Truvativ Stylo tooth dish, too.

    Although what is presumably the Truvativ Stylo tooth dish is marked
    'sunwheel' in the pictures. Also, the Shimano XT stir behind appears
    to be made from black plastic and is labelled 'sunrun'. Which is
    strange - none of the XT componentry on my bikes has similar
    markings...

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|

  12. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    plus 45 quid post!!!!!!!!!!!
    a real bargain at 51 quid.........I don't think

    SW

    news:[email protected]