Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

swampy1970 said:
Stiff and "responsive" doesn't always mean fast. At the end of a long ride or race it can quite often mean the opposite...
My girlfriend says I'm stiff, responsive and fast, and that its rarely a long ride. I don't think shes being complimentary though

"I came from a Wilier Izoard XP that was a quick little machine."

I currently have a pair of Wilier Izoard XP bikes. Both do NOT have the recalled forks. For the money they are very good frames. They are stiff enough to race and corner accurately. I would prefer a little more stiffness in the BB and fork, but that's just me.

What, exactly, was the problem you had with your frame.

Scott Speedster S30
[COLOR= rgb(34, 34, 34)]• Sram Truvativ Elita Crankset
• Ritchey Carbon Seatpost
• Profile Design T1+ Aerobars
• Shimano 105 Shifters, Derailleurs, and cassette[/COLOR]

Rode the Focus a couple times out of town and came home to the Pinarello (waiting for the Focus to follow me home via car, while I flew). Rode the Pinarello this AM and really am happy that I am swapping for the Focus. I don't doubt that other Pinarellos would be great for climbing (See Quintara, Nairo and Froome, Chris), but the FP Due is not a climbing frame. descends great and would be great for touring. The MOst labeled Campy wheels are smooth too.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"I came from a Wilier Izoard XP that was a quick little machine."

I currently have a pair of Wilier Izoard XP bikes. Both do NOT have the recalled forks. For the money they are very good frames. They are stiff enough to race and corner accurately. I would prefer a little more stiffness in the BB and fork, but that's just me.

What, exactly, was the problem you had with your frame.
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]rear triangles weren't the exact same sizes, so the wheel sat crooked in the rear. Only took me 5 months and 6 shop trips to put my finger on the exact issue. I loved the bike, but the bad QC on my frame plus the major fork recall made me look elsewhere.[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by Giosue .

My new Focus Izalco Pro 3.0.

That's a hot bike! I was checking and, incredibly, Focus only has one dealer in the NYC area and that's in Manhattan; none at all on Long Island.

Giosue said:
Rode the Focus a couple times out of town and came home to the Pinarello (waiting for the Focus to follow me home via car, while I flew). Rode the Pinarello this AM and really am happy that I am swapping for the Focus. I don't doubt that other Pinarellos would be great for climbing (See Quintara, Nairo and Froome, Chris), but the FP Due is not a climbing frame. descends great and would be great for touring. The MOst labeled Campy wheels are smooth too.
If you had a powermeter and checked out how fast you went uphill on the two bikes you'd probably notice no difference whatsoever. My Cannondale SuperSix hi-mod lets me ride up a given hill about as fast, maybe a second or two faster, as my old 653 steel frame that's a wet noodle and twice the weight (for the frame) by comparison but at the end of the day the steel frame fits me better so that's what got ridden the most... The Cannondale felt like it was much faster, laterally much stiffer yet mystically offered a magic carpet ride by damping out most road vibrations but powermeter data is what it is and I'm pondering the Cannondale's future.

i don't have a powermeter and i am not isaac newton but a heavier bike requires higher watts for climbing the same hill at the same speed,

vspa said:
i don't have a powermeter and i am not isaac newton but a heavier bike requires higher watts for climbing the same hill at the same speed,
1lb requires a whole whopping one watt on a ~8% grade. Given that those two frames are much less that 1lb difference in weight you'd never see the difference on a powermeter and conversely pretty much no difference on the road.... ... Now, if you're talking about going on the Froome diet and losing pretty much everything bar a bit of skin, bone and some muscle, then you'll notice the difference on the hills.

Geometry is where the difference was, as all three bikes were less than a pound different. Even with the weight similarity, all three had distinct feel of ride. I don't think I will ever use a power meter, but I know how I felt and I am glad I made the change.

Originally Posted by hyperliterate .

That's a hot bike! I was checking and, incredibly, Focus only has one dealer in the NYC area and that's in Manhattan; none at all on Long Island.
The bonus of the Izalco is that there is only one frame. They don't use a different carbon or shape between the team (highest) and pro (mid). The only difference is componentry, so I can dress this one up with new wheels and groupset later and be riding the best frame Focus makes all the while. Voted best buy for 2 years running for a reason I guess.

One of my old built up classics, Vitus 992, with Dura Ace wheelset and group. Found its way to Germany where I am currently riding and picture was taken. Will be shipped back to the US end of the month. This bike has been ridden in New Mexico, California, Arkansas, North Carolina, Italy many times, Spain, France, Saudi Arabia and Germany.

ymu6e4yp.jpg
My madone 7 tdf edition. Once Trek always Trek for me. send from S4 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Giosue .

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]rear triangles weren't the exact same sizes, so the wheel sat crooked in the rear. Only took me 5 months and 6 shop trips to put my finger on the exact issue. I loved the bike, but the bad QC on my frame plus the major fork recall made me look elsewhere.[/COLOR]
Thanks!

I have to agree, overall the Izoard XP is a fast ride. Quick steering, descends on steep twisties like it's on rails and it climbs pretty decent too.

Originally Posted by left16 .

ymu6e4yp.jpg

My madone 7 tdf edition.
Once Trek always Trek for me.

send from S4 using Tapatalk

Nice bike, whats it weigh? I want one.
cool.png

Originally Posted by left16 .

ymu6e4yp.jpg

My madone 7 tdf edition.
Once Trek always Trek for me.

send from S4 using Tapatalk
Nice bike (especially the Lightweight wheelset). But the frame colour hurts the eyes a little.....