Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

bayrunner said:
Thats a nice looking bike mate!! Have you been riding for long? Is the bike made in the states or is it from Europe? Im not good on where and when bikes are made lol. Have you done any long rides? Im thinking of doing a 100k ride in a few weeks to try out my new Avanti, All the best,
Bayrunner.
Thanks! Been riding seriously for about 5 years. I believe it's made in the states. Good luck with the 100k. Those are fun rides. The longer the better!

My Colnago...I haven't had a chance to ride it in months from a broken collarbone tho! :(
30818278-M-2.jpg

30818275-M-1.jpg

now 5 mo.s old, and gettin' some almost daily use...

SCOOBA STEVE said:
I am in the process of getting my GIANT bike on this thread. meanwhile show me yours and i'll show you mine.

Orange Fish,

Did you raise your saddle and/or lower you handlebars just for the photo?

Just looking at it makes my back hurt. Do you ever USE the drops?

This Paramount was a present to myself after college and racing back in 1990 or so. It stilll has less than a few hundred miles on it. Notice it isnt even STI!! I have lately just been using it to make chnages to my fit and riding it to see how they feel while I wait for my Fuji Team pro to show up this week.

I had it sprayed Purple, but with black lettering, black AC seat post and water bottle cages. Its OS tubing and it is very lively, quick steering, but rides just a bit harsh.

The future for this bike might be a time trial set-up as thats my goal for 2007, to break the hour again in the 40k, only 19 years after my last time I time trialed!!

SCOOBA STEVE said:
I am in the process of getting my GIANT bike on this thread. meanwhile show me yours and i'll show you mine.
Mine looks a little more knackered than that, (its been up Alpe D'Huez, La Toussaire, and the Col De La Colombiere)

orbea_enol.jpg

Just completed building it last night. I'll be taking her out for a 30+ mile ride tomorrow! Just riding it around the block is a HUGE difference from the old steel Trek I used to lumber around on.

LeaderBike.jpg

Tech72 said:
I like the old school Mavic 631 crankset. Big, heavy, great design and beautifully made.
Thanks Tech72, I like the 631's as well and I only paid 50 bucks for them!! Killer deal.
Dwayne :D

lwedge said:
Nice bike Ray, I was looking at one of these recently. Nice solid frame. The one I looked at had Ultegra shifters, FD and cassette with a Dura Ace RD.
Great choice after 16 years, very nice bike.

lw
So far so good. Its an amazing ride for me-of course you have to understand I have never owned much less rode a CF monocoque construction bike!! I even like the compact gearing a LOT, but I worry if I love it when I am out of shape-how will I feel when I am back in shape? I will put off buying any gearing changes for a few months. I am also finding I am able to find a better and better position with the compact frame as I slowly tweak it.