Show Me A Photo Of Your Road Bike

TourdeElwick said:
is that even ment to be funny you old man, god ****ing do anything lyrac wat are people ****ing ment to ride it . god dam americans policing the world

Ummm... Yeah.

1. Learn how to spell.
  2. Learn how to construct a sentence.
  3. Don't jump to the idiotic conclusion that 1 and 2 are attempts by an American to "police the world" (i'm just tired of morons regardless of their nationality).
  4. Maybe go for a ride or get laid (or something else to help with the anger).
  5. Stop stereotyoing Americans. It's tiresome.
  6. Have a nice day.

meehs said:
Ummm... Yeah.
  1. Learn how to spell.
  2. Learn how to construct a sentence.
  3. Don't jump to the idiotic conclusion that 1 and 2 are attempts by an American to "police the world" (i'm just tired of morons regardless of their nationality).
  4. Maybe go for a ride or get laid (or something else to help with the anger).
  5. Stop stereotyoing Americans. It's tiresome.
  6. Have a nice day.
HOW ABOUT I SMASH YOUR ****ING FAT YANKY FACE IN

Thread definitely has gone to the dogs......

What's up Elwick's ass? Dude needs to chill.

Can we get back to seeing some rides?

Tech72 said:
Thread definitely has gone to the dogs......

What's up Elwick's ass? Dude needs to chill.

Can we get back to seeing some rides?

Guy must be into soccer more than bicycling. I've never seen someone in a bicycle forum threaten someone in 14 posts...

tfstrum said:
Guy must be into soccer more than bicycling. I've never seen someone in a bicycle forum threaten someone in 14 posts...

In a bid to try and get this thread back on track here's a pic of my latest ebay win. It's a Jamis Eclipse (03 or 04 I think), steel and carbon. I haven't owned a steel bike for years. I'm currenbtly gathering parts and components from ebay and stuff from my other bikes that have been changed or upgraded.

I'll post pics as it gets assembled :)

Jamis_Eclipse.jpg

TourdeElwick said:
HOW ABOUT I SMASH YOUR ****ING FAT YANKY FACE IN

I'd love to let you have a go at it. I already know what the outcome would be though. And it wouldn't be my face (btw, it's not fat) being smashed in. You really need to get some therapy or something. Pulling your head out of your fat, pimply **** might help too. But I'm afraid it's been stuffed up there for way too long though. Have a nice day.

::dom:: said:
In a bid to try and get this thread back on track here's a pic of my latest ebay win. It's a Jamis Eclipse (03 or 04 I think), steel and carbon. I haven't owned a steel bike for years. I'm currenbtly gathering parts and components from ebay and stuff from my other bikes that have been changed or upgraded.

I'll post pics as it gets assembled :)

Nice looking frame. I like the color scheme a lot. I wanted a Salsa at one point and would have gone with the same colors.

Similar colors and nice too...
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/cgi/g...ews.com/photos/tech/cervelo/cervsololarge.jpg

TourdeElwick said:
Grandad Bikes All Over
MJ, you own a £240 Saracen Tour right? That's kinda grandadish don't you think compared to majority of bikes posted here eh?!!:p

tfstrum said:
Nice looking frame. I like the color scheme a lot. I wanted a Salsa at one point and would have gone with the same colors.

Similar colors and nice too...
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/cgi/g...ews.com/photos/tech/cervelo/cervsololarge.jpg
Yeh! I like the colours too. I had almost enough parts leftover from upgrading other bikes (just needed, shifters, RD, headset. bartape and brake callipers) t6o build a complete bike. I haven't had a steel bike for years, but I also wanted a modern frame... not easy to find these days.

If you're patient and don't mind checking ebay every day something's bound to turn up. The auction turned into a real fight in the last hour... some Swiss guy and I both really wanted the frame and I paid bit more than I thought... but I WON!

The forks were brand new, never mounted which is great... I'm happy... be even happier when it's built and on the road <--- this week I hope... just waiting for the headset. :D

lomoid said:
thanks.
easily the best purchase I've made in a long time.
How do you like your Quattro pedals ?

I have been using Candy SL's for sometime now.

lw

lwedge said:
How do you like your Quattro pedals ?

I have been using Candy SL's for sometime now.

lw
I really like 'em.
I was using the mallets on my mountain bike so the transition to the quattros were cake. I use the same shoes too which makes me pretty happy.

I'm sure they feel pretty much the same as the candy.

some people complain about the weight but ounces aren't that important to me.

lomoid said:
I really like 'em.
I was using the mallets on my mountain bike so the transition to the quattros were cake. I use the same shoes too which makes me pretty happy.

I'm sure they feel pretty much the same as the candy.

some people complain about the weight but ounces aren't that important to me.
what yr / model is that thing? what did you have before and how does this compare?

vic32amg said:
what yr / model is that thing? what did you have before and how does this compare?

The bike is a 2006 soloist team. I haven't owned a racing bike before this. My only other bike is a 2004 cannondale 1FG single-speed mountain bike

-Unfortunately this means I can't give you any comparisons, but I will say that out of the gate it's extremely responsive and a compelte thrill to get out on the pavement.

I have been riding a Trek 5000 for years now and always liked it fine. Could never really keep up with the roadies and being 41 and only able to put in a couple hundred miles a week with the work commute I never had dreams of grandeur. I always focued more on body building anyway.

Well to make a long story short, I finally saved up enough and bought a stock Cervelo R3 and got it fitted by an ex uci pro. All I can say I feel like I am reborn, feel like the first time I got ... :D ...this is why people enjoy riding so much. I can just throw it in the big crank and go and go...20mph in the old bike was always a challenge but with this bike and the fitting...geez. Now I know why those other guys looked so cool and not pushing as they passed me.

It is amazing and will get you a picture but it is just stock right now. I put my old mountain pedals and still use my mountain shoes. I have to get a set of Look pedals and sidi shoes now...I am hooked.

If you can put it on your credit card or save up for a year like me ... do it...just do it...this is the most amazing ride I have ever had and dreams of grandeur are coming to me now...I will get the at body fat down from 11 to 6 by next year and just fly...It brought back the love for cycling and more..:D

-john sirabella