suitable digital camcorder to go with helmet cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jon

Hi,

I wanna buy a digi camcorder to use with a helmet cam. The only footage I have ever seen from a digi
camcorder seemed a bit blocky on an moving dog. Therefore I am concerned about getting good footage
on a helmet cam.

Can peeps who may be doing this give me some pointers to a good camera to use for mtb
helmet cam use?

It needs to be small (I'll cover the obvious to be safe!) and light, mike and video in for the
helmet cam and mic, DC in to use a battery pack, also normal video in to use it as a pass-thru
device to get my VHS stuff into my PC, usual firewire DV out. I don't give a monkey's about still
pics, I have a still camera for those! Hence 800K pixels should be fine. Note I'm in the UK, so one
available here !!

www.petefagerlin.com.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"Jon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I wanna buy a digi camcorder to use with a helmet cam. The only footage I have ever seen from a
> digi camcorder seemed a bit blocky on an moving dog. Therefore I am concerned about getting good
> footage on a helmet cam.
>
> Can peeps who may be doing this give me some pointers to a good camera to use for mtb helmet
> cam use?
>
> It needs to be small (I'll cover the obvious to be safe!) and light, mike and video in for the
> helmet cam and mic, DC in to use a battery pack, also normal video in to use it as a pass-thru
> device to get my VHS stuff into
my
> PC, usual firewire DV out. I don't give a monkey's about still pics, I
have
> a still camera for those! Hence 800K pixels should be fine. Note I'm in the UK, so one
> available here !!

Status
Not open for further replies.