suitable bike for girl

I could do with a nice beer... ...beer... ...beer... ...beer...

=o)

Where in Canada are you anyway? Is it snowing there? I haven't been on my bike for a while due to
injury =o( - but hoping to get back on sometime soon.

--
...meandering mule...

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "mule" <meanderingmule_at_nospam.breathe.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> An octopus eh? Bet you can't do this:
>>
>> http://uk.news.yahoo.com/030224/80/dtzgj.html
>
> No, I can't, but I'm pretty good at crushing beer cans...
>
>> Also, whose ass do you kick?
>
> Anyone who deserves a good ass kicking...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Lol. Sorry for the questions but thanks for the answers!

Unfortunately it's a spinal injury so might take a while longer - but I will ride again!

=o)

--
...meandering mule...

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> "mule" <meanderingmule_at_nospam.breathe.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I could do with a nice beer... ...beer... ...beer... ...beer...
>
> Everyone can...
>
>> Where in Canada are you anyway? Is it snowing there? I haven't been on my bike for a while due to
>> injury =o( - but hoping to get back on sometime soon.
>
> Gawd, you ask a lot of questions :). Guess you haven't been here long enough to know everybody.
> May I suggest that you do a deja search and read some older posts, just so you can get the feel of
> this newsgroup. I am not in Canada anymore. I am in New York. Yes, it still snows in Canada, even
> though I am no longer there. Yes, it also snows in New York, the snow followed me here.
>
> Now heal up and go ride your bike...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!
>

> I'd be very careful about WSD bikes .

Yes, WSD seems largely to be a gimmick. Most important is fit: i.e., toptube length, stand over
height, and seat tube angle. There should be lots of options for some one 5.8 feet. For smaller
persons it is more difficult. My wife who is petite rides a Klein XS and a Titus XS, loves them
both. Has top of the line parts not a single one of them are WS.

Per http://user.tninet.se/~ipg289h/English.html

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:59:17 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

> I'd be very careful about WSD bikes . They are designed for a porportionally typical or
> average woman .

"proportionally longer legs & shorter torso" is what I was told. Bikes for supermodels? ;)

I'm with Penny, I didn't really dig the WSD bikes either. Just didn't feel right.

Other options may be narrow
> handlebars and smaller grips, saddle.

My new bike is smaller and a different geometry than my old one. What I'm doing to solve the
handlebar width question is easing the grips & "stuff" (brakes etc) in about 1/2" at a time
until it feels about right. Then I'll hacksaw the bar down to size. Don't want to make a mistake
with that one.

Saddles are a very personal choice but I can't say enough good things about the Terry Women's
Liberator.

The important thing, to reiterate what everyone else has said: she should try as many bikes as
possible and get the one that feels closest to "right". By "try" I mean take it out of the shop & on
the trail if possible. I took mine out for a 2 hour test ride. ;)

Also, if the shop gives her the creeps, walk.

HTH gabrielle

> I'm way under whelmed with WSD... I think John's been reading too many magazines.

Work at a bikeshop, actually. I don't subscribe to any magazines. WSD works well for a large
majority of women I've sold them to. And it's easy... if you find that you don't like it, try the
standard version. LOL... but I have no moral dilemma after recommending a WSD to a woman. It's a
great place to start.

-John Morgan

> Yes, WSD seems largely to be a gimmick. Most important is fit: i.e.,
toptube
> length, stand over height, and seat tube angle. There should be lots of options for some one 5.8
> feet. For smaller persons it is more difficult.
My
> wife who is petite rides a Klein XS and a Titus XS, loves them both. Has
top
> of the line parts not a single one of them are WS.

True. If she's 5'8" then a WSD might end up being too small for her. Test them side by side and see
which is more comfortable. I wouldn't say WSD is a gimmick, though. Sure, Specialized wants to sell
more bikes, they are a business. But I think they're headed in the right direction... making more
options available with their bikes to suit a wider range of customers. Surely that's nothing to
complain about.

-John Morgan