Supplements for Elites

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/lapre.html

shortfuse said:
Again whole food vitamins do not cause either of these two problems- Your body uses and utilizes whole food vitamins like it does food!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Greatest Vitamin in the World website will tell you this as well as other things such as what enzymes do for the body, amino acid chelated minerals, and such things as probiotics (good bacteria) does for the body. To discredit anything that I mention while I am in this thread will meet resistance because I know that most people will not change eating habits which makes THIS VITAMIN the one to take if change is not in your future............
Sorry, this vitamin is only available to US residents and Canada
I hope this will change soon.......................................

shortfuse said:
Whole food vitamins get absorbed by the body. PERIOD!!!!!!
There is no more that I can tell you-Without getting a huge chip on my shoulder for ones that don't seem to GET IT. I am not a health nut but I do BELIEVE that knowledge of whole food vitamins scares most people out of their wits - because of what I am reading in these forums. The Greatest Vitamin in the World has been around for almost four years and has helped thousands of people who for some reason or another just happen TO GET IT. Sorry you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you've been brainwashed.

There may be a supplement that will help you recover - snake oil perhaps. :D

mitosis said:
Sounds like you've been brainwashed.

There may be a supplement that will help you recover - snake oil perhaps. :D
You must actually believe that they are trying to cure CANCER too! For some reason There are people like you that open their mouth just to put their foot in it -never try anything and just write stupid things to others who actually know something----------You are one of those people

shortfuse said:
You must actually believe that they are trying to cure CANCER too! For some reason There are people like you that open their mouth just to put their foot in it -never try anything and just write stupid things to others who actually know something----------You are one of those people

Well, as a matter of fact I do. I tend to believe things for which there is substantive evidence.

Right now I believe you have been brainwashed. YOur last post provided the substantive evidence needed for that conclusion.

Also, you need to read your posts carefully. They don't make a lot of sense.

Sad isnt it ric

People believe the bogus claims of manufacturers and waste their money. Ho Hum

mitosis said:
Well, as a matter of fact I do. I tend to believe things for which there is substantive evidence.

Right now I believe you have been brainwashed. YOur last post provided the substantive evidence needed for that conclusion.

Also, you need to read your posts carefully. They don't make a lot of sense.
Believing things is diffderent than trying things. So you actually do believe they are trying to cure diseases with drugs, You are the one who is brainwashed. Bye

athletekitch said:
Sad isnt it ric

People believe the bogus claims of manufacturers and waste their money. Ho Hum
And what qualifies you as someone who knows about vitamins and supplements. ????

athletekitch said:
Maybe the fact I am a sports dietitian???? Does that qualify me..........um I dont Know
NOT IF YOU HAVENT TRIED A CERTAIN PRODUCT. YOU CAN'T MAKE OPPOSING ARGUMENTS IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT
There I have said it

Um, maybe wrong here but isnt that a part of what a sports dietitian does? Working with elite athletes for 11 years tends to put one up close and personal with supplements that even you wont have heard of so....... The fact that sports dietitians tend to have a collection of all the supplements on the market so that they can inform their athletes of what is appropriate and what is not, in addition to trying them as part of the research they do, and you are unaware of this, just illustrates your ignorance. What did you think sports dietitians do? sit around twiddling their thumbs?

athletekitch said:
Um, maybe wrong here but isnt that a part of what a sports dietitian does? Working with elite athletes for 11 years tends to put one up close and personal with supplements that even you wont have heard of so....... The fact that sports dietitians tend to have a collection of all the supplements on the market so that they can inform their athletes of what is appropriate and what is not, in addition to trying them as part of the research they do, and you are unaware of this, just illustrates your ignorance. What did you think sports dietitians do? sit around twiddling their thumbs?
Okay Jason
I don't consider myself ignorant-but maybe I am-I don't consider myself brainwashed and I do take The Greatest Vitamin in the World and have done so for over a year. Maybe I should just quit trying to help others learn about their health-especially since you are more qualified.
There are a lot of people around where I live that think a product like Shaklee
vitamins that make theirs out of parts of the cotton plant- think this is healthy. I for one don't eat cotton on a daily basis. Do you? Here's to Knowledge
I did not mean to offend you-If I did -I'm sorry

brainwashed

Shortfuse

I dont mind "enthusiastic" discussions, but I do take offence when you are obviously pushing a supplement (the greatest vitamin in the world?). This is the only reason why you are "giving advice" and, although I admire your gile, I dont think it is appropriate. There are genuine people asking for good sound advice which you are tainting with your backdoor sales pitch.

athletekitch said:
Shortfuse

I dont mind "enthusiastic" discussions, but I do take offence when you are obviously pushing a supplement (the greatest vitamin in the world?). This is the only reason why you are "giving advice" and, although I admire your gile, I dont think it is appropriate. There are genuine people asking for good sound advice which you are tainting with your backdoor sales pitch.
If i was pushing a supplement you would get this
http://www.dontforgettotakeyourvitamins.com/stanley42789

So telling somebody about something that works for me is tainting with a backdoor sales pitch. That's not very nice of you to say
Look vitamins are hard to sell anyway with all the drug company ads on the TV along with the bad rep vitamins have been getting since day 1. I do think vitamins(in their whole food form) help the ones who for some reason or another can't or won't eat the way they should. And for that I should praised and not ostracized by others who have no aggenda except to criticize anything new that comes along.
Let's face it- There are new drugs being developed every day- And these don't do anything to cure diseases. They are just being managed which causes me to take offense.

maybe brainwashed

well I dont think a vitamin supplement will cure the worlds diseases either. New products aren't dismissed because they are new. If they are so good then research that stands up to peer review (with no bias i.e. double blind crossover studies) should illustrate the fact. Many companies neglect to allow vigorous research, however they sometimes state that in-house research (research designed to achieve a desired result) has been done and proves the claims. Their next step is to get people to rave about the product to boost its sales (a trap I believe you have fallen into). Once again: if the product works and meets its claims, then why are the companies not walking into independant laboratories and asking for such studies to be done, what are they scared of? The truth, the claims are bogus. The supplements industry is a multibillion pound industry that is poorly regulated - supplements are seen as "food stuffs" and are treated as such. Until supplement companies become tighter regulated i.e. having to prove their claims through appropriate research methodologies then Im afraid scepticism in my field will be here to stay.

athletekitch said:
well I dont think a vitamin supplement will cure the worlds diseases either. New products aren't dismissed because they are new. If they are so good then research that stands up to peer review (with no bias i.e. double blind crossover studies) should illustrate the fact. Many companies neglect to allow vigorous research, however they sometimes state that in-house research (research designed to achieve a desired result) has been done and proves the claims. Their next step is to get people to rave about the product to boost its sales (a trap I believe you have fallen into). Once again: if the product works and meets its claims, then why are the companies not walking into independant laboratories and asking for such studies to be done, what are they scared of? The truth, the claims are bogus. The supplements industry is a multibillion pound industry that is poorly regulated - supplements are seen as "food stuffs" and are treated as such. Until supplement companies become tighter regulated i.e. having to prove their claims through appropriate research methodologies then Im afraid scepticism in my field will be here to stay.
In other words make supplements regulated like drugs? That's far from the answer. They already make cheap forms of vitamins like drugs, with synthetic chemicals. I don't think vitamins will cure diseases either, but on the other hand people don't realize that most vitamins are synthetically produced not from "foodstuffs" Most are eating chemical laden food every time they sit down for a meal. Processed food has additives(but you already know this)
Bacon and other processed meats have sodium nitrate which is a carcinogenic. These are the products hurting us and the FDA seems to be powerless to help the American public.
So, the American pubic will get more and more diseased unless something is done about the food supply or they start to make healthier eating choices, which may include whole food vitamins of which you will die in your sceptism.

You are still missing the point. If the vitamin met its claims (and yes I have read the claims made by your product - scepticism becomes relavant) then why do they need testimonials when the research I outlined above would unequivocally prove the claims. The company would therefore not need to convince you through testimony. I also see they do the greatest slimming pill ever too.... wow, thats got me convinced

athletekitch said:
You are still missing the point. If the vitamin met its claims (and yes I have read the claims made by your product - scepticism becomes relavant) then why do they need testimonials when the research I outlined above would unequivocally prove the claims. The company would therefore not need to convince you through testimony. I also see they do the greatest slimming pill ever too.... wow, thats got me convinced
I'm not the one missing the point

I know that whole food vitamins are the way to go regardless of what company you get them from.
Keep on with your belief and one of those diseases will get you too
Hope you eat lots of raw organic vegtables and fruits
If not my above saying will probably come true

brainwashed but not diseased

You are sad mate. To have such a self righteous view of the world - and my health. "I took the greatest supplement in the world" - your epitaph? or just further evidence of the power of advertising. To actually stoop so low - rigorously defending a supplement just amazes me. Its like it is the be all and end all as far as your concerned, which is disturbing. Either you have a vested interest in the supplement or.... Wouldnt you rather listen to an educated professional advice (and Im not the only person trying to help you see sense), save a few bucks and eat a healthy diet in conjunction with your cycling? Common sense would certainly push me down that road.

athletekitch said:
You are sad mate. To have such a self righteous view of the world - and my health. "I took the greatest supplement in the world" - your epitaph? or just further evidence of the power of advertising. To actually stoop so low - rigorously defending a supplement just amazes me. Its like it is the be all and end all as far as your concerned, which is disturbing. Either you have a vested interest in the supplement or.... Wouldnt you rather listen to an educated professional advice (and Im not the only person trying to help you see sense), save a few bucks and eat a healthy diet in conjunction with your cycling? Common sense would certainly push me down that road.
The funny thing about all this is that I am not the only one that has this dim view as you call it.
If eating right would make all this better that is the direction I would take.
Look at articles from newstarget and even a doctor (Dr Mercola) and there are many others that know the truth
And by the way this forum is about vitamins and supplements and as far as I can see-you can C your way out of it.