TDF 2006 : Prologue : Strasbourg : 7kms

Mansmind said:
I still think Levi is the guy though. If you look at his progression over the years it's been a consistent improvement. I think I saw somewhere he's never finished out of the top 10? Maybe wrong on that...but definitely has finished the race well many times.
2002 8th
2003 non-start
2004 9th
2005 6th

The prologue is a display of raw power. Landis and Evans displayed more than Levi, so the advantage swings to them over Levi right now. Those three have about equal chances of winning in Paris.

Metal Earth said:
I'm in the US right now and don't have the outdoor channel. Is there any way I can watch it online somewhere?

Can someone please answer my question?

Metal Earth said:
Can someone please answer my question?
look for it yourself.

thank god 'big george' didn't win it.

and Voigt's got a nerve to demand the suspended riders are punished LOL

right on ! Look for it yourself ! What are we an information service !?

I'm glad Big George didn't win either..... and when he starts winning mountain stages by 7 minutes I think we can all give up on this sport forever....

Dead Star said:
look for it yourself.

thank god 'big george' didn't win it.

and Voigt's got a nerve to demand the suspended riders are punished LOL

bobke said:
Levi and Evans were way out...
Floyd flat tire, lost 8 seconds, but thats no worry, no one ever wins or loses the entire TdF by just 8 seconds.
This year, it's highly unlikely that someone will win or lose by 8 seconds. However, it has happened...which you probably know and I'll assume you are being facetious. :)

whiteboytrash said:
right on ! Look for it yourself ! What are we an information service !?

I'm glad Big George didn't win either..... and when he starts winning mountain stages by 7 minutes I think we can all give up on this sport forever....
Too bloody right.

Anyway, this forum should ban anyone who's rejoicing away if Landis, or Leipheimer, or even Valverde wins this tour. There's absolutely no doubt that there's more networks out there, and we're gonna hopefully hear more about it!

(unless they're in the process of destroying everything right now.).

I agree I don't think this is over yet..... I think we will see more riders be kicked out of the Tour... I'm just waiting for the Tour goes through spain when the Spanish police start arresting riders and team personal..... no wonder why they won't release the evidence now.... they want to bring down more riders.....

Dead Star said:
Too bloody right.

Anyway, this forum should ban anyone who's rejoicing away if Landis, or Leipheimer, or even Valverde wins this tour. There's absolutely no doubt that there's more networks out there, and we're gonna hopefully hear more about it!

(unless they're in the process of destroying everything right now.).

I also thought today's stage was the most boring I have ever seen....

whiteboytrash said:
I agree I don't think this is over yet..... I think we will see more riders be kicked out of the Tour... I'm just waiting for the Tour goes through spain when the Spanish police start arresting riders and team personal..... no wonder why they won't release the evidence now.... they want to bring down more riders.....

Mansmind said:
I've heard that also.. is "sprinting" viewed the same as short TT's though?
Maybe not for pure sprinters, but for road sprinters it is a chance to fly. [size=-1]Hushovd was last years green jersey winner. Boonen was top 10 I think..... I think Cipo contested a few short TT's.
[/size]

The interesting thing will be this: What will the average speed of this years TdF be? I suspect a significant dip is in order.

EvilJediJ said:
The Prologue at the Dauphine was completely STRAIGHT. There was one U-turn in the whole race. This suited the time trialing style of Zabriskie. This is a more technical course. This could be a good course for Hincapie. Paulo, well his form is unknown. I'd say something along the lines of

Hincapie
Zabriskie
Savoldelli
Miller
Hushovd- yea that's right. Hushovd
Valverde
Actual results
1 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Crédit Agricole 8.17.00 (51.43 km/h)
2 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel 0.00.73
3 David Zabriskie (USA) Team CSC 0.04.21
5 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears

Do I know cycling or do I know cycling?

EvilJediJ said:
Actual results
1 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Crédit Agricole 8.17.00 (51.43 km/h)
2 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel 0.00.73
3 David Zabriskie (USA) Team CSC 0.04.21
5 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears

Do I know cycling or do I know cycling?
Well done.

I didn't watch the prologue (away at a cycling event all day) - great result for Hushovd.
Delighted for him and his team.

Valverde appears to have gone well too.

Bro Deal said:
2002 8th
2003 non-start
2004 9th
2005 6th

The prologue is a display of raw power. Landis and Evans displayed more than Levi, so the advantage swings to them over Levi right now. Those three have about equal chances of winning in Paris.
I would agree with that.. although something (not sure what) keeps telling me that Landis won't be there. No justification for the feeling.. just a feeling. I don't know quite enough about Evans, but Levi I just have a feeling about too although in the opposite direction. Regardless, it will be fun to find out.

Mansmind said:
I would agree with that.. although something (not sure what) keeps telling me that Landis won't be there. No justification for the feeling.. just a feeling. I don't know quite enough about Evans, but Levi I just have a feeling about too although in the opposite direction. Regardless, it will be fun to find out.
That's what is great about following the contenders left in the race this year. With the exception of Valverde, who looks to be a future superman but may be too young this year, all the others left will have a hard road if they are going to triumph in Paris. No one is going to decimate the field from start to finish like an Armstrong, Basso, or Ullrich could. All have had bad days in the past. All have questions about whether they can really do it. Valverde less than stellar time trial ability makes him questionable, too.

This could turn out to be a very exciting Tour, something we last had in 1989. After a Giro that did not live up to the hype, I certainly hope so.

whiteboytrash said:
I also thought today's stage was the most boring I have ever seen....
I thought the prologue turned out quite exciting in the end. It built to a bit of a crescendo at the end and was very close with a suprise winner.
It was a canny move of Hushovd to target the prologue. It has given him a bit of a head start in the points classification. A full 15 points in front of the other sprinters. Very smart.

This is all **** - this tour is a complete farce and nothing but a suck to the almighty dollar.

I am disgusted to think people will still follow it and even ride in it.

money, money, money. This isn't high moral ground, this is Christian Prudhomme sucking up, and protecting his ****.

I am not watching a second of this total rubbish.

Eldrack said:
The interesting thing will be this: What will the average speed of this years TdF be? I suspect a significant dip is in order.
I gave this some thought. This is what could happen. First of all we have a very open TDF with many teams without a designated team leader. TM/CSC/Disco, etc........ I think the speeds will stay high. We should see more attacking then ever before. Riders will go earlier then usual, then the other teams will not let them out very far..... I think this could keep the speeds high.

Using Disco for example ....... Attack GH in the flats. Attack POPO/Salvo in the mountains. The other teams will counter because they do not know who is the team leader.

The other teams might have the same basic game plan. TM / CSC will not be able to control as we thought they would.

wolfix said:
I'm sick of hearing this **** about David Miller...... He was a cheat. He did not do anything honorable. He did not come forward, but denied , denied , denied....... He was caught. A honorable man would not have done it in the first place. And if he did make a mistake in his life, and he is human, he would have came forth before he was busted.

Justice is if David Miller hits a barrier. And decides cycling isn't for him.

Cheaters think the world revolves around them . We now have a suck ass TDF to watch because of a few cheaters. Clean riders in this TDF will be guilty by association with cycling.

And people are saying "poor jan." If he is guilty, he and the others has robbed everyone of us of a month of cycling. Every year I look forward to July. The only thing I find interesting in this TDF is maybe George Hincapie will win...... A real longshot. A real lonnnnnnnggggggssssshhhhhhooooooooottttttt !!!!!!

If you are a fan of cycling , think of what the dopers have robbed from you this very day.

Blah, blah, blah

janiejones said:
This is all **** - this tour is a complete farce and nothing but a suck to the almighty dollar.

I am disgusted to think people will still follow it and even ride in it.

money, money, money. This isn't high moral ground, this is Christian Prudhomme sucking up, and protecting his ****.

I am not watching a second of this total rubbish.

Are you saying THIS specific tour? Or the TdF in general?