Team TDF Yellow Jerseys ??

Cousins,

Let me ask you this, I bought a new bike, it has a US Postal seat on it, came that way from TREK.

I'm not part of the team, TREK "clearly" wants me to have this seat on this bike as a consumer, it's what comes on the bike.

Should I replace the seat? Am I a "******" for leaving it on there? Am I a ****** for owning Trek bikes? What about the true posers, people that are not Eddie Merckx but ride around on bikes with his name on it. What about Lemond? I saw a Lemond bike, and I'm confident the guy on it was in fact "NOT" Greg Lemond. Shouldn't somebody tell them they are only supporting posers and not real riders.

Maybe you can drop them a line. This all relates...

I have a Jan Janssen bike :eek: ,when I get home I'll try to melt it!

*spends the rest of the time at his job peeling of the Nike logos of his shoes because he doesn't work there and burning the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion bandshirt*

Stormer, I think you are completely my the point ..... while i thinking it is rather dorky to wear team kit and i never would - do what you will! my real beef has been with wearing the colors - be it yellow, pink, polk-a-dot, green, tri-color, etc.... the colors symbolize personal achievement - top GC standing in le tour in the case of the yellow. i think it deserves respect and should only be worn by those who have earned the right. from the responses here, apparently reverance is of little importance or concern - the almighty $ rules 'If I can buy it, I should be able to wear it!' I think it is an american thing, the concept of 'buying' respect, 'buying' history, 'buying' a feeling....

Perhaps this analogy will be easier understood: While i could buy an american flag or any other nations flag and use it as a diaper or to wash my car, I don't - because it is disrespectful - that is just something that one should not do.

as i said previously, however, do whatever the he&& floats your boat! at the end of the day you are still going to think that you are cool and i am still going to think that you are a dork. i am not trying to change opinions, just stating mine.

my real beef has been with wearing the colors - be it yellow, pink, polk-a-dot, green, tri-color, etc.... the colors symbolize personal achievement - top GC standing in le tour in the case of the yellowi think it deserves respect and should only be worn by those who have earned the right.

I absolutly agree with you when it comes to award type jerseys, world champ, Yellow or local team versions. But i see the wearing of standard team clothing is more of a way to support your heros. :eek:

http://www.letour.fr/indexus.html here is the official tour site. If it wasnt for being able to order racing teams jersies and bibs we would all be wearing pearl izumi shorts and jersies advertising wonder bread or primal wear.

tho i do agree that the colors are awarded jersies sorta like winning an emey (no matter how much i like a certain actor i would not buy an emey). There for the people who wear and own them should be limited to those who won them. My personal opinion. as for team wear well read my post above again.

Well, well, well, so much for European tradition. It seems that the official TdF site isn't above selling classification jerseys. Go figure.

Just something for the "holier than thou" *cough* 9138cousins *cough* to remember the next time they start lecturing us idiot Americans on Euro tradition and the revered sport of cycling.

Cousins is correct! We (I am an American) as a people, do not understand cycling traditions and heritage. But we can certainly take pride in spreading McDonalds and the WWF (or is it WWE now)!!!! As Curious George (Bush) would say, 'I am proud to be an Amurican!'

Speak for yourself when it comes to not understanding cycling tradition and heritage.

Is there any further evidence needed as to the decline in France's great tradition than the fact that they let us build McDonalds and Disneyland over there? :)

As an unattached rider who is under 26 years old I am very disappointed that I can no longer wear plain white jerseys lest I be labeled a poser. Yeah right.

Second I think I remember seeing a few people wearing these obnoxious bright orange t-shirts on the side of the roads in the last few stages, whatever were they thinking.

Now take it easy on the orange colors. Right now they are Spainish Riders wearing orange come September it means football time in Tennessee.

Jakebrake said:
Well, well, well, so much for European tradition. It seems that the official TdF site isn't above selling classification jerseys. Go figure.

Just something for the "holier than thou" *cough* 9138cousins *cough* to remember the next time they start lecturing us idiot Americans on Euro tradition and the revered sport of cycling.
I think you mind find that 9138cousins is australian. A seppo is australian for an american. yank...septic tank...seppo. Dont think the euros use that term. I think they are a lot less kind in their references to americans:rolleyes: . You guys should be grateful to the poms (english), if they hadnt had settled in america you wouldnt have the natural resources that has made your country rich.

byron27 said:
I think you mind find that 9138cousins is australian. A seppo is australian for an american. yank...septic tank...seppo. Dont think the euros use that term. I think they are a lot less kind in their references to americans:rolleyes: . You guys should be grateful to the poms (english), if they hadnt had settled in america you wouldnt have the natural resources that has made your country rich.

I wasn't referring to his nationality, merely the fact that he mentioned European tradition.

Was at our state games this weekend and raced. There were all manor of team jerseys, 2 guys in polka dots, maybe 6 yellow jerseys, assorted greens, whites, take your pick.... NOBODY CARED. :) I was happy to see that.

Supporting your favorite team is alive and well, and we all had fun. I even got the other guy in the postal jersey to hang on my wheel for a while. took my mind off the race and I thought just for a milisecond about how fun it was, then we hit the 5% grade and I couldn't have cared less about anything but oxygen, and my lack of it... :p

Based on what I saw this weekend, support your team and have fun. Be a good sport, ride fair, have fun.

byron27 said:

It isn't the natural resources that has made our country rich, it's the dynamic interaction of science, capitalism, democracy, and freedom that has made us a prosperous nation.