The Thread about Nothing....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Hitchy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Case in point. As an old bloke I generally only work for for good people. Full stop. You challenge my billing or other methods, I challenge you back, and quite possibly walk away. Go fuck yourself. I do understand you've all had bad experiences but so have I. And I'm that cunt that you didn't pay for work that I did actually do.

So now I only work for decent people. If you're not gonna pay, I'd rather just stay at home.
    But after how many years in the industry I've got good people around me now, the Jewish cnuts can fuck right off, and I taught my favourite architect/carpenter/builder how to to play cribbage tonight, and he's one of the smartest cnuts I've ever met, and he got bored with cribbage and then taught me everything a man should know about fracking. And I was shocked, horrified, and appreciative for the knowledge.
    Because it takes time to build a decent network of decent people. But I have. And I'm willing to share.

2. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

3. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Sorry I was far too pissed to answer that in a manner I'm happy with. I'll try again.
    I'm not gonna pretend to justify the builder I don't know anything about, other than to say it's not easy work, and it does take time, and I'm sure you weren't the only customer he had to keep happy in that timeframe.
    I keep my business simple. If I have a few building jobs going at once, they tend to overlap too much and I go spare, especially with the maintenance jobs which randomly have to get fitted in there too, but are more urgent timewise. But plumbing is strange that way, it's a week onsite once or twice, then a couple of days a month or so later. Carpenters, who admittedly earn less per hour, have a much more consistent income. Months straight fulltime on a site and much less drama scheduling it all. It's quite different.
    But in the interest of full disclosure, on a turnover of 100k I make 20-25k a year. Now I'm lazy and could work harder, but it'd be bloody hard work for me to double that. So all the risk of running a business, the physical brutality of the trade, blah blah and it's still bloody hard to get near the average Australian wage. I just rang another plumber mate who works a lot harder and who's much more ruthless price wise to double check my argument, he earns a LOT more, but earning 1/3 of your turnover is pretty typical. And there's a lot of risk involved. The materials bill is a higher percentage than our incomes.
    Beyond that I can't be arsed defending anyone. I might put another coffee on.

4. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

Bbp's community service announcement #1
    If you have a rancid hangover it's probably not the time to watch The girl on the train. Crikey.

You're welcome.

matagi likes this.
  5. Helmet Hair

Helmet Hair Member

No need for you to justify them, they can't justify very much of themselves....

They certainly don't say no to anybody who wants to sign up to them, leading to part of their problem. They get muppets, idiots, failed tradies and arrogant fools organising their work for them.

They then pay the lowest price on the longest terms and wonder why they get the slowest tradies, doing the worst standard of work if they can be bothered at all and fail to understand why people are complaining.

Then, when problems magically appear, they find they have to spend huge amounts of money fixing those problems, so much that they must hardly make anything at all.

And then they're Cnuts about it.

Frankly I reckon I could have done a better job, just as if not more quickly by myself. At least the pipes would have been in the right places on the slab....... fucking Cnuts.

6. Helmet Hair

Helmet Hair Member

I actually had to get the shite supervisor on the spot and ask him, "why is the laundry drain in the hallway outside the laundry?"

7. paulambry

paulambry Well-Known Member

Bingo Vette...

2017 TAN Dead Pool
    Matagi
    - Phil the Greek, Bob Hawke, Kirk Douglas
    classic1 - Billy Graham, Paul Gascoigne, Glen Campbell
    paul
    - Michael Schumacher, Robert Mugabe, Johnny Depp [David Rockefeller]
    Wilchemy - HRH Queen Lizzie, Bert Newton, Michael Parkinson
    62vette - Jimmy Carter, Betty White, Hugh Hefner
    Steve
    - Peter Carrington, King Michael of Romania, Ben Cousins
    HH - Diane Feinstein, Sir Frank Williams, Rolf Harris [John Howard]
    roshea - Clive James, James Hird, Jerry Lewis
    lama
    - Molly Meldrum, Donald Trump, Geoffrey Edelsten
    Swampy - Hillary Clinton, HRH Prince Phillip, Charles Manson

8. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Go vette! We are up for a champagne year. Another 2 will cark it I reckon.

9. classic1

Great. What a voice. Can't believe such a little chick can belt it out like that. And how hot was she?

paulambry likes this.
  10. classic1

Grand final tips here. Hoping for close one after a shitful finals series (Port vs West Coast excluded). Not holding my breath though.

classic1 - Adelaide, by lots

Whatever happens, we'll all be losers. Having said that, at least Adelaide is 900km away. My ideal scenario is Richmond losing to Adelaide in a close one after Adelaide get a controversial free kick then goal after the siren. I can't begin to imagine the sweet tears and delicious pain it was cause. I've got half a mongrel just thinking about it. I reckon I'd even cancel my day off on Monday and go in to work for the lolz.

Also, NRL can get fucked. I don't even know who is playing. Whatever happens, it will probably involve rape.

11. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

12. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

13. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

14. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

15. VadarStrikesBack

VadarStrikesBack Well-Known Member

^^^^^^You dont deserve your victorian citerzinship for that rubbish.

Adelaide should never have been allowed into a national football competition. You should shack up with bruce macervainy and be done with it. I've suffered in silence my whole life as an 'on the quiet' richmond supporter and now I reserve the right to pretend like im a number one ticket holder and never doubted the side.

Go Tigers!

Vadar - Adelaide, by lots

16. classic1

It would be unvictorian for me to support any team that isn't collingwood. I'd barrack for the ISIS-el Qaeda all stars before I'd cheer for the likes of Carlton, essendon or Richmond.

17. Wilchemy

Wilchemy Well-Known Member

Wilchemy - Adelaide by a few goals

Mrs Wilchemy (a formerly semi-undercover Tiger supporter) has fully jumped on board the Tiger train. She's doesn't think it's right that I'm not a Tiges fan but am going to the game & she's not. I will send her a picture tho :D

paulambry likes this.
  18. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

19. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

But if you try some time
    you just might find
    you get what you need.

20. bbp

bbp Well-Known Member

I got a free nipple to sup on. It was nice. I called it creamy.
    I got called a despicable man. I said Bwoar.
    Best Festival of Steve ever?