The Thread about Nothing....

Boo, I fell asleep.
Has there been any bad stacks in the wet? Incidentally, what's happened to this thread?

For years, I have spectacularly failed to stay awake for any TdF broadcast. SBS on Demand is your friend. They have the full replay of Stage 1 available to view and also the 50 minute highlights package, which I am currently watching (having also failed to get up in time to watch it on TV this morning)

• Haha
Reactions: steve
I have decided to support Groenewegen this year because if you pronounce it with the right intonation, you can make his surname sound quite menacing.

ParticipantPick 1Pick 2Pick 3Pick 4Points
classic1Marion "Surge" Knight - 19 Apr 65 *Henry Kissinger - 27 May 23 *Imelda Marco - 2 Jul 29 *Don King - 20 Aug 31 *
rosheaHarvey Weinstein - 19 Mar 52 *Allan Peiper - 26 Apr 60Neale Daniher - 15 Feb 61Tom Parker - 4 Aug 8870 points
paulambryJohn Cleese - 27 Oct 39Maggie Smith - 28 Dec 34Client Eastwood - 31 May 30Judi Dench - 9 Dec 34
WilchemyVanessa Redgrave - 30 Jan 37Robert Redford - 18 Aug 36Red Symons - 13 Jun 49Mikhail Gorbachev - 2 Mar 31
matagiHRH QE II - 21 April 1926Vladimir Putin - 7 October 1952*Keith Richards - 18 December 1943Rupert Murdoch - 11 March 1931*

* Will award 5 ******** bonus points

Have I missed anyone or any Dead Pool successes?

Reactions: classic1 and steve
I have decided to support Groenewegen this year because if you pronounce it with the right intonation, you can make his surname sound quite menacing.
The guy who got a 9-month ban for almost killing Fabio Jakobsen a couple of years ago? :p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8f98Frj78

It was a good looking goat too.

I find it hard to like Jacobsen. He’s actually a bit of a ****. Blaming his team publically for him losing the wheel when it was his own stupid fault on the stage Groenewegan won the other night. Blaming Senechal in front of the cameras at I think la vuelta last year for the same thing, when it was Jackbsen not being capable of holding the wheel. And Senechal won. Could not even congratulate him.

Reactions: steve and 531Aussie
Hey Steve, I like what you've done with the place. Noice noice noice.

Thanks mate, have just updated to V2 of xenforo (previously 1.5) and running on much better cloud infrastructure (Linode), so hopefully it's faster and more reliable for everyone.

Thanks mate, have just updated to V2 of xenforo (previously 1.5) and running on much better cloud infrastructure (Linode), so hopefully it's faster and more reliable for everyone.
Not only that, the interface is a lot slicker. Now, for example, I can cut and paste a spreadsheet table directly into a reply... that's a real time saver! Bravo.

Reactions: steve
Had to drop in on friends of my parents today and got a look at their car collection.
2 x Ford Capri convertibles. Both made the same day, the last day of manufacture. The one being used as the ‘parts’ car may be the last one ever made.
1 X Ford Capri, like Terry’s car in Minder. German build, Pommy sold, never driven in winter, immaculate. It’s 4 cylinder, not a V6.
Lotus Cortina. Wow. Never seen one before.
Ford Anglia, with a Cortina motor. All his mates said it wouldn’t fit, apparently it dropped straight in. Again, never seen one. Hardly any left, now.
TVR 350i. In bits. Rover 3.5 V8 worked over by TVR. Apparently only three of them in the country.
He also had a pic racing side by side with Peter Brock, Brockie in an A30, him in an Anglia.
plus a Volvo v60 and a c70 convertible.

I suppose I should DPF former Japanese PM and war crime denier Shinzo Abe as well.

So...... there seems to be some bike race happening in France. What's the opinion on Pogacar? Is he some freakish talent or is he on some really good undetectable performance enhancing substances?

So...... there seems to be some bike race happening in France. What's the opinion on Pogacar? Is he some freakish talent or is he on some really good undetectable performance enhancing substances?
Hmmmm... so hard to know for sure, given cycling's abysmal track record. I'd like to think he's just freakishly good. Like Remco Evenepoel, who is another example of apparent preternatural ability (not that we've heard so much of him since his awful stack two (three??) years ago).

I guess we have to put up with the cognitive dissonance of "a bit from Column A and maybe a bit from Column B", vexing though it is.