US Drops to 6th in Nations Ranking

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jerry, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    http://www.uci.ch/english/cyclo_cross/rankings/rankings_2002_03/index.htm

    Well, at least we had the benefit of the higher points scale for nationals (the US got the higher
    points scale for being a top 5 country, verses 6-10 last year).

    I am surprised France passed us back, as they have not had that many results in the last two weeks
    that I saw, including the world cup.

    I wonder how the UCI will deal with the points for France if they are still 5th when the regular
    National Championship date rolls around in January? 6 countries could get top 5 ranked nationals!

    Anyone an expert on UCI rulings?

    But I forgot, no one cares about cyclocross...

  2. Crosssportif

    Crosssportif Guest

    A UCI nation ranking is established at the beginning of the cyclo-cross season. This ranking is used
    for the entire season. Hence, even though we were actually 5th nation at the time of our US
    nationals, we received UCI point totals for nations ranked 6-10 because we were 7th at the start of
    the season.

    out, geoff proctor

  3. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "jerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.uci.ch/english/cyclo_cross/rankings/rankings_2002_03/index.htm
    >
    > Well, at least we had the benefit of the higher points scale for nationals (the US got the higher
    > points scale for being a top 5 country, verses 6-10 last year).
    >
    > I am surprised France passed us back, as they have not had that many results in the last two weeks
    > that I saw, including the world cup.
    >
    > I wonder how the UCI will deal with the points for France if they are still 5th when the regular
    > National Championship date rolls around in January? 6 countries could get top 5 ranked nationals!
    >
    > Anyone an expert on UCI rulings?
    >
    > But I forgot, no one cares about cyclocross...

    I care Jerry, ......rock on JP..rock on!

    Danny Callen

  4. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    [email protected] (CrossSportif) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > A UCI nation ranking is established at the beginning of the cyclo-cross season. This ranking is
    > used for the entire season. Hence, even though we were actually 5th nation at the time of our US
    > nationals, we received UCI point totals for nations ranked 6-10 because we were 7th at the start
    > of the season.
    >
    > out, geoff proctor

    really?

    by my math, JP got 100 points for his win.

    i don't have an official track of his points, but i think i have an accurate picture of his points.

    I am very interested to know what the deal is. The UCI webpage contact links never seem to get