USAC Service Under the Biseglia Administration

Brian Lafferty

Guest
Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:

Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months behind in license and permit
applications. Now, we are totally up to date. Licenses and permits that get into the office are
turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency standpoint, we have improved
dramatically just in the last six months, and we anticipate our efficiency getting even better
than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.

Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against my better judgment, I send in
my USAC license renewal (only game in town in my area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and
the bank pays on the check on
1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of efficiency. It's now 1/27/03 and no
license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license should have been
mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.

Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I won't come in your mouth.
Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days.

Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).

Flame away USAC supporters.

Brian Lafferty

Have you considered a follow up call?

"Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
>
> Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months
behind
> in license and permit applications. Now, we are totally up to date.
Licenses
> and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency
> standpoint, we have improved dramatically just in the last six months, and we anticipate our
> efficiency getting even better than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
>

> Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against my better judgment, I send in
> my USAC license renewal (only game in town in
my
> area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and the bank pays on the check
on
> 1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of
efficiency.
> It's now 1/27/03 and no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license
> should have been mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.
>
> Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I won't come in your mouth.
> Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days.
>
> Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).
>
> Flame away USAC supporters.
>
> Brian Lafferty

POM!!

"Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Have you considered a follow up call?
>

> "Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
> >
> > Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months
> behind
> > in license and permit applications. Now, we are totally up to date.
> Licenses
> > and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency
> > standpoint, we have improved dramatically just
in
> > the last six months, and we anticipate our efficiency getting even
better
> > than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
> >

> > Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against
my
> > better judgment, I send in my USAC license renewal (only game in town in
> my
> > area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and the bank pays on the check
> on
> > 1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of
> efficiency.
> > It's now 1/27/03 and no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license
> > should have been mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.
> >
> > Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I
won't
> > come in your mouth. Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than
> > ten days.
> >
> > Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).
> >
> > Flame away USAC supporters.
> >
> > Brian Lafferty

I dropped my renewal in the mail (in Connecticut) on December 27th. Got the license back on Jan. 21.

26 days. 16 business days.

Wade

Brian Lafferty wrote in message ...

>POM!!
>
>"Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Have you considered a follow up call?
>>

>> "Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
>> >
>> > Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months
>> behind
>> > in license and permit applications. Now, we are totally up to date.
>> Licenses
>> > and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days. From an
>> > efficiency standpoint, we have improved dramatically just
>in
>> > the last six months, and we anticipate our efficiency getting even
>better
>> > than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
>> >

>> > Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against
>my
>> > better judgment, I send in my USAC license renewal (only game in town
in
>> my
>> > area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and the bank pays on the
check
>> on
>> > 1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of
>> efficiency.
>> > It's now 1/27/03 and no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license
>> > should have been mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.
>> >
>> > Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I
>won't
>> > come in your mouth. Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less
>> > than ten days.
>> >
>> > Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).
>> >
>> > Flame away USAC supporters.
>> >
>> > Brian Lafferty

"Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against my better judgment, I send in
> my USAC license renewal (only game in town in my area) on 1/5/03.

Just sent in my renewal today as my license expires on 2/16. I'll keep you posted.

Greg Hall

"Fool me twice.....We won't get fooled again" GWB

In article <[email protected]>, Wade Summers <[email protected]> wrote:

> I dropped my renewal in the mail (in Connecticut) on December 27th. Got the license back on
> Jan. 21.
>
> 26 days. 16 business days.

Not a bad turn around considering the USAC office was closed for the holidays from Dec 24th
until Jan 2nd.

By the way once a rider's application/renewal is processed they are in the USCF database. As long as
you are in the database you can race even if you don't physically have your license. Officals and
promoters can get acess to the USCF database so they can look up riders to verify their status if a
rider doesn't have their license. When I rresently asked the USAC staff about the issue they changed
the date they make updates to the database available. They use to update the database on Sunday
nights. Since this meant the database was missing almost a week of processing information I asked
the staff about changing the update day to sometime later in the week. within a couple of hours they
decided to change the update time to Thursday night so by Fri morning the latest database
information is available.

Casey

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:280120030618188218%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Wade Summers <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I dropped my renewal in the mail (in Connecticut) on December 27th. Got
the
> > license back on Jan. 21.
> >
> > 26 days. 16 business days.
> >
> Not a bad turn around considering the USAC office was closed for the holidays from Dec 24th until
> Jan 2nd.
>
> By the way once a rider's application/renewal is processed they are in the USCF database. As long
> as you are in the database you can race even if you don't physically have your license. Officals
> and promoters can get acess to the USCF database so they can look up riders to verify their status
> if a rider doesn't have their license. When I rresently asked the USAC staff about the issue they
> changed the date they make updates to the database available. They use to update the database on
> Sunday nights. Since this meant the database was missing almost a week of processing information I
> asked the staff about changing the update day to sometime later in the week. within a couple of
> hours they decided to change the update time to Thursday night so by Fri morning the latest
> database information is available.
>
> Casey

Then there's really no need to send licenses out at all. Just ask the promoter to verify status
at the morning registration table. That should go over well at the grassroots level.

Brian

In article <[email protected]>, Brian Lafferty
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Then there's really no need to send licenses out at all. Just ask the promoter to verify
> status at the morning registration table. That should go over well at the grassroots level.
>
> Brian

Naturally if people have their license it helps to speed up the Reg process. This time of the year,
when lots of people are renewing/getting a license it helps that people can avoid paying an extra 1
day license fee by being looked up in the database. Also hainvg access to the database makes it
easier for people to develop Reg/Results programs that speed up boh the Reg process ( less time in
line to register for races) and the results process. Both of these things are good for all levels
of racing.

Casey

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:280120030653123841%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Brian Lafferty
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Then there's really no need to send licenses out at all. Just ask
the
> > promoter to verify status at the morning registration table. That
should go
> > over well at the grassroots level.
> >
> > Brian
> >

> Naturally if people have their license it helps to speed up the Reg process. This time of the
> year, when lots of people are renewing/getting a license it helps that people can avoid paying an
> extra 1 day license fee by being looked up in the database. Also hainvg access to the database
> makes it easier for people to develop Reg/Results programs that speed up boh the Reg process (
> less time in line to register for races) and the results process. Both of these things are good
> for all levels of racing.
>
> Casey

I don't disagree with what you say. It would also be good if what the Chief says is being done is
in fact done---which it clearly isn't, although they did deposit that check might quick. Same
****, Another Year.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> I don't disagree with what you say. It would also be good if what the Chief says is being done
> is in fact done---which it clearly isn't, although they did deposit that check might quick. Same
> ****, Another Year.
>
> Brian

Considering the fact that this is probably the time of the year with the highest volumn of license
renewals/applications I can't fault USAC to much is they fall behind a few days in the license
processing process. but i guess you don't believe in cutting anyone any slack Brian. Having been
involved in a license production process for three years I know that even in our Regional group we
had some license problems ( license lost in the mail to or from us, license aplication that didn't
get turned in etc) and we had a lot less volumn than USAC does.

Casey

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:280120030725289996%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Brian Lafferty
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > I don't disagree with what you say. It would also be good if what the Chief says is being done
> > is in fact done---which it clearly isn't,
although
> > they did deposit that check might quick. Same ****, Another Year.
> >
> > Brian
> >

> Considering the fact that this is probably the time of the year with the highest volumn of license
> renewals/applications I can't fault USAC to much is they fall behind a few days in the license
> processing process. but i guess you don't believe in cutting anyone any slack Brian. Having been
> involved in a license production process for three years I know that even in our Regional group we
> had some license problems ( license lost in the mail to or from us, license aplication that didn't
> get turned in etc) and we had a lot less volumn than USAC does.
>
> Casey

Casey,

I'm beginning to think that since the rapprochement between Nor-Cal and USAC, you're in danger
of becoming Gerry's apologist. Hope that he's at least paying you. Meanwhile, the mail arrives
in about 2 hours. Maybe Godot will deliver it today. :)

<[email protected]> wrote:

> Casey,
>
> I'm beginning to think that since the rapprochement between Nor-Cal and USAC, you're in danger
> of becoming Gerry's apologist. Hope that he's at least paying you. Meanwhile, the mail arrives
> in about 2 hours. Maybe Godot will deliver it today. :)
>
> Brian

Nope I'm not an apologist just pointing out facts ( like even our regional group sometimes delivered
licenses late). As far as I know no person or organization is perfect. If you are the exception to
this observation then I bow down to your greatness.

This year I have goeen quicker responses to my emails to USAC staff than ever before and staff has
been more open to suggestion on how to improve things than ever before. Both a big plus in my book
since Gerard has been in charge. Is everything perfect, no USAC is slower than they should be in
dealing with processing license applications from licenses sold at races but as long as they are
improving over the situation from last year I'll give them credit instead of complain.

Casey

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:280120030901577384%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Brian Lafferty
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Casey,
> >
> > I'm beginning to think that since the rapprochement between Nor-Cal
and
> > USAC, you're in danger of becoming Gerry's apologist. Hope that he's at least paying you.
> > Meanwhile, the mail arrives in about 2 hours. Maybe Godot will deliver it today. :)
> >
> > Brian
>
> Nope I'm not an apologist just pointing out facts ( like even our regional group sometimes
> delivered licenses late). As far as I know no person or organization is perfect. If you are the
> exception to this observation then I bow down to your greatness.
>
> This year I have goeen quicker responses to my emails to USAC staff than ever before and staff has
> been more open to suggestion on how to improve things than ever before. Both a big plus in my book
> since Gerard has been in charge. Is everything perfect, no USAC is slower than they should be in
> dealing with processing license applications from licenses sold at races but as long as they are
> improving over the situation from last year I'll give them credit instead of complain.

Lets try this. Gerry says licenses are processed in under ten days from receipt. If anyone has
gotten that kind of service, let us know. And as Sharon always says--BE TRUTHFUL! :)

Brian

"Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]...
> Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
>
> Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months
behind
> in license and permit applications. Now, we are totally up to date.
Licenses
> and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency
> standpoint, we have improved dramatically just in the last six months, and we anticipate our
> efficiency getting even better than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
>

> Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against my better judgment, I send in
> my USAC license renewal (only game in town in
my
> area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and the bank pays on the check
on
> 1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of
efficiency.
> It's now 1/27/03 and no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license
> should have been mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.

I've had just the opposite experience -- excellent efficiency this month with my new USCF license. I
gave an old credit card number whose account was dead and they resolved it over the phone after a
quick letter to me and my license arrived two days later.

> Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I won't come in your mouth.
> Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days.
>
> Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).

Maybe they are mad at you and all of your half-cocked attacks/negativism againstUSAC/USCF??

> Flame away USAC supporters.
>
> Brian Lafferty

-Ken

--
"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]...
> > Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
> >
> > Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months
> behind
> > in license and permit applications. Now, we are totally up to date.
> Licenses
> > and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency
> > standpoint, we have improved dramatically just
in
> > the last six months, and we anticipate our efficiency getting even
better
> > than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
> >

> > Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against
my
> > better judgment, I send in my USAC license renewal (only game in town in
> my
> > area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and the bank pays on the check
> on
> > 1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of
> efficiency.
> > It's now 1/27/03 and no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license
> > should have been mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.
>
> I've had just the opposite experience -- excellent efficiency this month with my new USCF license.
> I gave an old credit card number whose account was dead and they resolved it over the phone after
> a quick letter
> me and my license arrived two days later.
>
> > Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I
won't
> > come in your mouth. Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than
> > ten days.
> >
> > Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).
>
> Maybe they are mad at you and all of your half-cocked attacks/negativism againstUSAC/USCF??

Ya Think?! But they cashed the check, Pappie.

Casey Kerrigan wrote in message <280120030618188218%[email protected]>...
>In article <[email protected]>, Wade Summers <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I dropped my renewal in the mail (in Connecticut) on December 27th. Got
the
>> license back on Jan. 21.
>>
>> 26 days. 16 business days.
>>
>Not a bad turn around considering the USAC office was closed for the holidays from Dec 24th
>until Jan 2nd.

Agreed. I think getting my license back in under one month, considering the time of year (holidays)
and what I expect is their peak renewal time, is fine.

Wade

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:280120030901577384%[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Brian Lafferty
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> > Casey,
>> >
>> > I'm beginning to think that since the rapprochement between Nor-Cal
>and
>> > USAC, you're in danger of becoming Gerry's apologist. Hope that he's at least paying you.
>> > Meanwhile, the mail arrives in about 2 hours. Maybe Godot will deliver it today. :)
>> >
>> > Brian
>>
>> Nope I'm not an apologist just pointing out facts ( like even our regional group sometimes
>> delivered licenses late). As far as I know no person or organization is perfect. If you are the
>> exception to this observation then I bow down to your greatness.
>>
>> This year I have goeen quicker responses to my emails to USAC staff than ever before and staff
>> has been more open to suggestion on how to improve things than ever before. Both a big plus in my
>> book since Gerard has been in charge. Is everything perfect, no USAC is slower than they should
>> be in dealing with processing license applications from licenses sold at races but as long as
>> they are improving over the situation from last year I'll give them credit instead of complain.
>

>Lets try this. Gerry says licenses are processed in under ten days from receipt. If anyone has
>gotten that kind of service, let us know. And as Sharon always says--BE TRUTHFUL! :)
>
>Brian

I have.

Coaching license, in my hand in 11 (taking out for the holiday) days. Racing License, in my hand in
the same 11 days. Officials License, in my hand in 10 days from the time the Regional Rep mailed it
Club membership processed in about 2 weeks?

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton -*- Colorado Springs, CO -*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com -*- Track Racing
Web Services

<[email protected]> wrote:
>Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
>
> Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months behind in license and permit
> applications. Now, we are totally up to date. Licenses and permits that get into the office are
> turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency standpoint, we have improved
> dramatically just in the last six months, and we anticipate our efficiency getting even better
> than it is today. Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
>

> Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against my better judgment, I send in
> my USAC license renewal (only game in town in my area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and
> the bank pays on the check on
>1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of efficiency. It's now 1/27/03 and
> no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license should have been
> mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.
>
> Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I won't come in your mouth.
> Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days.
>
> Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).
>
>Flame away USAC supporters.
>
>Brian Lafferty

I wouldn't take a check from you.

7-14 day waiting period to make sure it clears.

Scott

--

"scott patton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Brian Lafferty
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Biseglia speaks in a CyclingNews interview:
> >
> > Also, when I got here in July, we were running about three months
behind
> >in license and permit applications. Now, we are totally up to date.
Licenses
> >and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than ten days. From an efficiency
> >standpoint, we have improved dramatically just
in
> >the last six months, and we anticipate our efficiency getting even better than it is today.
> >Efficiency was one of the first things I tackled.
> >

> > Ten days or less turnaround. Ok. Sounds really good. So, against my better judgment, I send
> > in my USAC license renewal (only game in town in
my
> >area) on 1/5/03. USAC deposits the check and the bank pays on the check
on
> >1/9/03. Efficient deposit of funds on USAC's part. Good show of
efficiency.
> >It's now 1/27/03 and no license has arrived at my end. By Darth's representation, the license
> >should have been mailed by 1/19/03 if not before. Should be here, but it isn't.
> >
> > Lets see Gerry. Some phrases come to mind. It's in the mail. I
won't
> >come in your mouth. Licenses and permits that get into the office are turned around in less than
> >ten days.
> >
> > Same ****, another year(and $5 more!).
> >
> >Flame away USAC supporters.
> >
> >Brian Lafferty
>
> I wouldn't take a check from you.
>
> 7-14 day waiting period to make sure it clears.

Scottie,

If you could read with comprehension, you would have seen that my post noted that the check was
paid by the drawee bank on January 9th. It was probably deposited on 1/8.

BTW, I did get the licence and it was postmarked the day AFTER my original post. To make it
clear to those with reading comprehension problems, my post was on 1/27 and the license was
mailed 1/28. That comes out to approximately 15 business days, or 20 total days in-office for
processing. Not as bad as things once were but not quite as good as Darth represented.

Brian