Veterans Only Reply To Rude Drivers

> Back in the mists of time, we installed a nice shiny tape drive, computers for the backup of. I
> was mildly surprised one day to hear it singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" at me.

In a previous life I was an audio engineer. I built a mixing console that proved to be an
excellent receiver of Channel 2 television audio. Took forever to figure what it was and where it
was coming from.

<Chas> Rode 11.5 miles this week, the first miles in almost three months - still recovering from my
back injury

Originally posted by Edward Dolan
tzenobite <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<011120030946408705%[email protected]>...

> i'm italian, i'm very proud to be italian, and i will say many, many words about dolan's post, but
> i think this isn't the right place... we're talking about bent, arent' we?

> just a word: here the gas costs a lot, so cars have a less consumption and pollute less, really a
> lot less than a average u.s.a. car... it's so bad?

> matteo italia

I wouldn't mind being Italian myself as it is my favorite country in Europe for touring. Ah, Roma,
Venezia, Napoli! Any American who doesn't love Italia has got to have rocks in his head.

Nevertheless, this subject thread is all about the American involvement in the Middle East
ostensibly for the purpose of securing oil for the West. We Americans, unlike the Europeans, will
kill and die for oil because it is essential to our life style. Still, that is not what our
involvement in the Middle East is about. We are there because of the threat of terrorism emanating
from that region and from the rogue states that harbor and support the terrorists. Unless and until
you understand this, you will never know what is going on in the Middle East. To think that we are
there for the oil is absurd. Only idiots and liberal ideologues like Mr. Sherman think that.

The Italians and all the other Europeans ought to be there with us fighting the good fight, but the
Europeans have abdicated their world role ever since the conclusion of WW II. And so it falls to the
US, the sole remaining super power in the world, to defend the West from it's enemies. It wouldn't
kill you to be a bit grateful every now and then for what we are doing for you and all the other
Europeans. However, if you want to act like ungrateful children, then that is how we will treat you.
To want to enjoy the good life and yet not pay the price is despicable.

The entire world is on it's way to becoming part of the West. World culture will soon be Western
culture. Only the Moslem World is backward and medieval. They will have to be dragged kicking and
screaming into the Western World. Iraq may well be the beginning of that process. It is too bad that
liberals can't see this. They are dumb and blind to what is occurring in the world.

The absolute worst catastrophe that I can imagine is that the liberals would come to power here in
the US and that we would then withdraw from Iraq and the Middle East with our tails between our
legs. But that will not happen because the American people are not that stupid. You Europeans can
afford to be stupid because you do not have the responsibility for world affairs.

The American involvement in the Middle East is our finest hour. Our victory over Iraq was a God send
and just in the nick of time. Bush II will go down in history, provided he stays the course, as one
of our greatest Presidents bar none. His leadership marks a sea change in American foreign policy.
Bush II and the neoconservatives have saved America and the entire Western world from it's own
nearsighted foolishness.

The liberals are on their way to becoming defunct and extinct and altogether irrelevant. And it will
be good riddance to them too. They have behaved like the treasonous bastards that they are. There
are still a a few good conservative Dems left in the country (Zell Miller of Georgia) but what now
passes for liberalism is an abomination and an insult to the intelligence.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

sorry about that, lesson learned. still, after reading this thread, i was just wondering 'where the bike' is in it all? i say ignore 'em and keep on pumpin.

> [...]

The American involvement in the Middle East is our finest hour. Our victory over Iraq was a God send
and just in the nick of time. Bush II will go down in history, provided he stays the course, as one
of our greatest Presidents bar none. His leadership marks a sea change in American foreign policy.
Bush II and the neoconservatives have saved America and the entire Western world from it's own
nearsighted foolishness.

The liberals are on their way to becoming defunct and extinct and altogether irrelevant. And it will
be good riddance to them too. They have behaved like the treasonous bastards that they are. There
are still a a few good conservative Dems left in the country (Zell Miller of Georgia) but what now
passes for liberalism is an abomination and an insult to the intelligence.

Ed, are you being serious??? How about considering the fact that the bulk of your GDP growth is as a direct consequence of the military spend in Iraq, and the rest as a result of the US Fed flooding your economy with paper money. Given that the US budget deficit is at around 275% of GDP (similar to the levels last seen before the 1929 Wall Street Market crash) the rapidly falling US dollar is more symptomatic of economic decline rather than being indicative of the super power that you speak of. Ancient Rome was also a super power. Bear in mind that while your are more than entitled to your conservative American centric outlook on global affairs, many Europeans and many people living in Africa and the rest of the Third World are quite happy with not being drawn into a conflict situation with enemies of the US with which we have no gripe.

Have you bothered to consider that most people in Africa live on less money per day than the average US agricultural subsidy per cow per day. It amazes me therefore when people may want to know why there may be a sense of outrage from many third world people when they see the patronising approach of conservative politicians who share views similar to those that you have expressed. The entire world does not want to become part of the west and it is short sited and bigotted to assume that Muslims would ever want to be a part of what you represent.

The current administration has run the US deficit deep into the red and largely undone most of the good economic progress made by President Clinton. Job losses in th US are at record levels and the economic prosperity that you have obviously benefited from is at risk. Hardly what I would classify as inspired leadership worthy of a place in history.

Zippy: You are indeed a PINHEAD!

Scott

Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 20 Nov 2003 23:48:17 +1050, mbiddulph <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Bear in mind that while your are more than entitled to your conservative American centric
> > outlook on global affairs, many Europeans and many people living in Africa and the rest of the
> > Third World are quite happy with not being drawn into a conflict situation with enemies of the
> > US with which we have no gripe.
>
> If you have no gripe with terrorists, then I have a big gripe with you. Get in the way and you
> will die with the rest of them. There won't be any more mass graves with 300,000 childrens'
> skeletons in them in the wake of the current "conflict situation" but you and your allies among
> the uncivilized terrorists will be in well-marked ones.
>
> >Have you bothered to consider that most people in Africa live on less money per day than the
> >average US agricultural subsidy per cow per day.
>
> That despite the billions of dollars in aid and food that have poured from America into that
> miserable continent, only to be stolen by a bunch of Europe-funded, khat-crazed simians with
> machine-guns mounted on pickup trucks. Yet somehow that's America's fault.
>
> >The current administration has run the US deficit deep into the red and largely undone most of
> >the good economic progress made by President Clinton.
>
> Clinton very nearly destroyed the United States. There is still doubt whether his depredations can
> ever be undone.
>
> You've chosen sides. I would shoot you on sight.

If anyone thinks the Iraq war is about terrorism you're very niave.... it's about oil and Bush I.

How quickly America has forgotten the AMERICAN money that was sent to the IRA to support their terrorist activities though the 70's 80's and 90's.

Originally posted by robertson69
If anyone thinks the Iraq war is about terrorism you're very niave.... it's about oil and Bush I.

How quickly America has forgotten the AMERICAN money that was sent to the IRA to support their terrorist activities though the 70's 80's and 90's.
Here Is A quote from someone in the tech forum,if I remembered who it was I would give them credit for it. This is for all who are responding to Ed Dolan " Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then, beat you with experience"

mbiddulph <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Ed, are you being serious??? How about considering the fact that the bulk of your GDP growth is as
> a direct consequence of the military spend in Iraq, and the rest as a result of the US Fed
> flooding your economy with paper money. Given that the US budget deficit is at around 275% of GDP
> (similar to the levels last seen before the 1929 Wall Street Market crash) the rapidly falling US
> dollar is more symptomatic of economic decline rather than being indicative of the super power
> that you speak of. Ancient Rome was also a super power. Bear in mind that while your are more than
> entitled to your conservative American centric outlook on global affairs, many Europeans and many
> people living in Africa and the rest of the Third World are quite happy with not being drawn into
> a conflict situation with enemies of the US with which we have no gripe.

I am always in favor of spending what ever it takes to insure that the US remains the greatest
military force in the world bar none. We must have at least a hundred thousand economists in this
country and I will let them worry about the economy. But this much I do know: be militarily strong
or perish. The Europeans and the rest of the world are living under the cloak and protection of the
US military might and they should be grateful that we (the American taxpayer) are carrying the
burdens of the world. The enemies of the US are also the enemies of the entire Western World and
most of the third world also. You are blind not to be able to see that.

> Have you bothered to consider that most people in Africa live on less money per day than the
> average US agricultural subsidy per cow per day. It amazes me therefore when people may want to
> know why there may be a sense of outrage from many third world people when they see the
> patronising approach of conservative politicians who share views similar to those that you have
> expressed. The entire world does not want to become part of the west and it is short sited and
> bigotted to assume that Muslims would ever want to be a part of what you represent.

The entire world does in fact want to become Western, and as soon as possible. The sole exception to
this are the Arabic Muslim countries of the Middle East. They are all autocracies at best and mostly
dictatorships with no legitimacy. The Arabs are steeped in ignorance largely because of their
medieval religion. That will have to be changed, probably by violent civil wars. They cannot
continue to live like they do in a modern Western World.

> The current administration has run the US deficit deep into the red and largely undone most of the
> good economic progress made by President Clinton. Job losses in th US are at record levels and the
> economic prosperity that you have obviously benefited from is at risk. Hardly what I would
> classify as inspired leadership worthy of a place in history.

Nonsense. It is just the normal business cycle at work as usual. Politicians take way too much
credit when times are good and way too much blame when times are bad. In any event, the economy is
way down the list on my field of concerns. The defense of the country comes first and foremost. Let
me remind you that we are presently at war, for heaven's sake. Maybe we can get back to some of your
economic concerns when the war is over and things are peaceful once again.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[email protected] (Scott) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Zippy: You are indeed a PINHEAD!
>
> Scott

Maybe Scott could just occasionally post something that would contribute to the conversation instead
of making inane remarks which lead nowhere. Or is it that even he has grown weary of all the liberal
cant and hypocrisy so that he doesn't want to spout it anymore.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

mbiddulph wrote:

> The current administration has run the US deficit deep into the red and largely undone most of the
> good economic progress made by President Clinton. Job losses in th US are at record levels and the
> economic prosperity that you have obviously benefited from is at risk. Hardly what I would
> classify as inspired leadership worthy of a place in history.

What "good economic progess" are you talking about? He did push and sign NAFTA. Of course, the
impact of that decision is only beginning to be felt. And he wasn't spending big bucks fighting
terror. I guess he figured he'd leave that mess for someone else.

Jim

Edward Dolan wrote:
> ... Let me remind you that we [United States] are presently at war...

The Congress of the United States declared war? I must pay more attention to current events.
[end sarcasm]

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

robertson69 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> If anyone thinks the Iraq war is about terrorism you're very niave.... it's about oil and Bush I.

We Americans might kill for oil, but we would never die for it. If you want to know what Bush is all
about, then pay attention to his speeches where he explains exactly what the Iraqi War is all about.
To think that we could have a War on Terrorism and not do something about Iraq is totally insane.
Are you insane sir?

> How quickly America has forgotten the AMERICAN money that was sent to the IRA to support their
> terrorist activities though the 70's 80's and 90's.

There was no US government funding going to the IRA. It was private citizens who were doing it
surreptitiously. Apples and oranges, as ever!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

bobobg <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

[...]

> Here Is A quote from someone in the tech forum,if I remembered who it was I would give them
> credit for it. This is for all who are responding to Ed Dolan " Never argue with an idiot. They
> drag you down to their level then, beat you with experience"

Nonsense! Would an idiot have my command of the language and my command of logic and my commend of
insight and my command of wit and my command of .... well, you get the idea by now even if you are
an idiot! You should feel privileged and honored that I am deigning to stoop to your level to
instruct and inform even though I know beforehand that it is hopeless from the git go. I do it out
of a sense of noblesse oblige.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> We Americans might kill for oil, but we would never die for it. If you want to know what Bush is
> all about, then pay attention to his speeches where he explains exactly what the Iraqi War is all
> about. To think that we could have a War on Terrorism and not do something about Iraq is totally
> insane....

I can think of only one really suitable reply to this: Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing,
z'nourrrwringmm.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

> Edward Dolan wrote:
> > ... Let me remind you that we [United States] are presently at war...
>
> The Congress of the United States declared war? I must pay more attention to current events. [end
> sarcasm]

Are you sure you are not a lawyer rather than a civil engineer. Only lawyers get hung up on
trivial details. If you have been around for the past 50 years you would know by now that
Congressional Declarations of War are no longer necessary and in fact would be counterproductive.
Try to get up to date!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> Edward Dolan wrote:
> >
> > We Americans might kill for oil, but we would never die for it. If you want to know what Bush is
> > all about, then pay attention to his speeches where he explains exactly what the Iraqi War is
> > all about. To think that we could have a War on Terrorism and not do something about Iraq is
> > totally insane....
>
> I can think of only one really suitable reply to this: Ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky-z'Bang, zoom-Boing,
> z'nourrrwringmm.
>
> Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

You are like a child that must be remonstrated with many times before it sinks in. But here it is
once more: if you have so little to say, then it is better not to say it. You do not always need to
get the last word, even if it is gibberish. Trust me on this. You are making a fool of yourself.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> On 20 Nov 2003 23:48:17 +1050, mbiddulph <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Bear in mind that while your are more than entitled to your conservative American centric
> > outlook on global affairs, many Europeans and many people living in Africa and the rest of the
> > Third World are quite happy with not being drawn into a conflict situation with enemies of the
> > US with which we have no gripe.
>
> If you have no gripe with terrorists, then I have a big gripe with you. Get in the way and you
> will die with the rest of them. There won't be any more mass graves with 300,000 childrens'
> skeletons in them in the wake of the current "conflict situation" but you and your allies among
> the uncivilized terrorists will be in well-marked ones.
>
> >Have you bothered to consider that most people in Africa live on less money per day than the
> >average US agricultural subsidy per cow per day.
>
> That despite the billions of dollars in aid and food that have poured from America into that
> miserable continent, only to be stolen by a bunch of Europe-funded, khat-crazed simians with
> machine-guns mounted on pickup trucks. Yet somehow that's America's fault.
>
> >The current administration has run the US deficit deep into the red and largely undone most of
> >the good economic progress made by President Clinton.
>
> Clinton very nearly destroyed the United States. There is still doubt whether his depredations can
> ever be undone.
>
> You've chosen sides. I would shoot you on sight.

Zippy, you are saying things that even I would hesitate to say, but I think you are essentially
right. Sooner or later it comes down to an either them or us. When it comes time to choose sides
(like maybe right now) I will know for sure which side I am on and I will know for sure which side
my enemies are on, and like you, I will not make any distinctions about where they come from or what
they look like. An enemy is an enemy and it will be to the death. I regard those who are not with us
as being against us and I will treat them accordingly. This present war we are engaged in could
become very ugly and could get infinitely worse before it gets better. We need to keep in mind for
all eternity the outrage of 9/11. Those who are temporizing on this issue are beneath contempt.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Interesting how one thread titled under Ed Dolan has 4 responses by him, but one by (guess who - Tom
Sherman). I've noticed this before, but only with Ed, but its usually just 2-1 or so. Is this what
everyone else sees?

As to the subject, I'm just glad to be out of Iraq and back to my own life while I wait to be let
off active duty. I just have to keep reminding myself that instead of flapping my gums, my time is
better spent on tree planting, bike route maps, and other more useful crusades.

news:[email protected]...

Edward Dolan wrote:
> ... We need to keep in mind for all eternity the outrage of 9/11....

I agree completely. It is outrageous that the United States would destroy democracy in Chile and
install the fascist mass murderer Pinochet, because they were afraid of the possible precedent of a
SUCESSFUL socialist society, and what it would do to support for the corportist economic model.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

"There is enough in the world for everyone's need; there is not enough for everyone's greed." -
Mohandas Gandhi

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>... ...
> > You've chosen sides. I would shoot you on sight.
>
> Zippy, you are saying things that even I would hesitate to say, but I think you are essentially
> right. Sooner or later it comes down to an either them or us. When it comes time to choose sides
> (like maybe right now) I will know for sure which side I am on and I will know for sure which side
> my enemies are on, and like you, I will not make any distinctions about where they come from or
> what they look like. An enemy is an enemy and it will be to the death. I regard those who are not
> with us as being against us and I will treat them accordingly....

The world is a spheroid. A spheroid has no sides.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
- Martin Luther King Jr.