What's your favorite beer?

fatboy61 said:
Hah! I used to work with an expat northener who would get teary over Noocastle broon. He would sell his mother for a crate.
A whole crate? Tell'im 'e's dreamin'.

James Bruce Gil said:
FB61,

The other alternatives is to take a small swig and the rest will fit or mount another bottle on the seat tube and put half in each. :D

Kind regards,
Unfortunately,one small swig inevitably leads to a larger swig and then many large swigs...what was the question again? :confused:

stevebaby said:
Unfortunately,one small swig inevitably leads to a larger swig and then many large swigs...what was the question again? :confused:
Aaah, true, so true.

EoinC said:
Aaah, true, so true.

EoinC,

In Australia we have the saying that at times; "Too much of a good thing is barely enough."
Its our take on: "When one is too many and a hundred is not enough".

The origonal problem was something to do with carrying beer on your bike.

Seems you've got it sorted out. Carry it in your belly.

One down side to this approach is that no matter how much you drink before you start, you still seem get thirsty along the way.

A perplexing problem; How do you gage just how much you should drink before you start so that you don't get thirsty until you finish your run? :D

Kind regards,

i am an aussie so i wouldnt be an aussie if i didnt say XXXX or bintang the bali beer mmmmmm

James Bruce Gil said:
EoinC,

In Australia we have the saying that at times; "Too much of a good thing is barely enough."
Its our take on: "When one is too many and a hundred is not enough".

The origonal problem was something to do with carrying beer on your bike.

Seems you've got it sorted out. Carry it in your belly.

One down side to this approach is that no matter how much you drink before you start, you still seem get thirsty along the way.

A perplexing problem; How do you gage just how much you should drink before you start so that you don't get thirsty until you finish your run? :D

Kind regards,
:lol: A good philosophy. Buy that man a beah!!

Ahh yes, the beer thread....

Lagunitas - IPA
Sierra Nevada - Porter
Mendocino Brewing - Red Tail Ale
New Belgium - Fat Tire

Samuel Adams - Boston Lauger

And of course Guinness

So many Beers, so little time....

LW

I had a couple of decent bottled beers today; Ruddles Orchard, a beer made with apples, but beer, not cider; and Greene King Ale Fresco, a light summer beer. Both were good, but the Ruddles was very good.

malbs04 said:
i am an aussie so i wouldnt be an aussie if i didnt say XXXX or bintang the bali beer mmmmmm
sorry to be pedantic (Am I really?), but Bintang is actually brewed in Java. Bintang is owned by Heineken and they have 1 Brewery in West Java at Tangerang (near Jakarta) and 1 in East Java at Sampang Agung (near Surabaya). Even Bali Hai beer is not brewed in Bali. It comes from Bekasi (near Jakarta). The only brewery that I am aware of in Bali is Storm Brewing (a microbrewery in Denpassar).
Sorry, I really can be a pedantic ***** when I want to be, but beer is.....beer, mmmmm, beer - whoa, got distracted there. The mainstays in Indonesia used to be Becks, Bintang and Anchor. Times have changed now with several others (including San Miguel...mmmmm, an icey-cold San Miguel Pale Pilsener...mmmm) moving into the market.

EoinC said:
sorry to be pedantic (Am I really?), but Bintang is actually brewed in Java. Bintang is owned by Heineken and they have 1 Brewery in West Java at Tangerang (near Jakarta) and 1 in East Java at Sampang Agung (near Surabaya). Even Bali Hai beer is not brewed in Bali. It comes from Bekasi (near Jakarta). The only brewery that I am aware of in Bali is Storm Brewing (a microbrewery in Denpassar).
Sorry, I really can be a pedantic ***** when I want to be, but beer is.....beer, mmmmm, beer - whoa, got distracted there. The mainstays in Indonesia used to be Becks, Bintang and Anchor. Times have changed now with several others (including San Miguel...mmmmm, an icey-cold San Miguel Pale Pilsener...mmmm) moving into the market.

EoinC,

Everything you say is true but Bintang is the most commonly available beer in Bali.

Along with the others you mentioned, Fosters Lager, Malaysian made Carlseburg & Singaporean Tiger are also about.

Kind regards,

James Bruce Gil said:
EoinC,

Everything you say is true but Bintang is the most commonly available beer in Bali.

Along with the others you mentioned, Fosters Lager, Malaysian made Carlseburg & Singaporean Tiger are also about.

Kind regards,
The market over here in Malaysia has really opened up in the last couple of years. In Sarawak the cheapest beer to buy in a bar is now Skol! The regular Malaysian-brewed Tiger, Carlsberg, Heineken, Anchor and Guiness are as profuse as ever, but there has been a flood of cheap regional imports which undercut the locally brewed majors. These started with Chang from Thailand, but went on to include Thailand's Leo, Cambodia's Angkor, Indonesia's Bali Hai and Vietnam's Huda.
I usually homebrew (full grain) but, since I left KL to come to Sarawak, my fridge floweth over and I haven't put down a brew since January.
My personal regional (SEA) favourites for mass-produced beverages are Beerlao and Myanmar Lager (perhaps not a political winner, but it does taste mighty fine). When I'm back up in Thailand, Chang is my bevie of choice.

was a long time ago, yes, i have dim but fond memories from when pitchers of bass pale ale were 3.75 usd in santa cruz.

another fave was superior, a mexican light beer mandatory with straight white tequila.

EoinC said:
Aaah, true, so true.

Browsing Tesco's recent additions to thier repetoir of beers i found some proper american stuff. I bought two bottles (party on dude).

One called Brooklyn Brand Lager, imported from NYC and one called Sierra Nevada brewed in Chicago

I have only tried the Brooklyn one so far and i have to say its a bit like a strong scottish beer.. 5.2% very malty, strong and tasty, not like a lager at all, and certainly not like an american lager..

so far, I LIKE!

MountainPro said:
Browsing Tesco's recent additions to thier repetoir of beers i found some proper american stuff. I bought two bottles (party on dude).

One called Brooklyn Brand Lager, imported from NYC and one called Sierra Nevada brewed in Chicago

I have only tried the Brooklyn one so far and i have to say its a bit like a strong scottish beer.. 5.2% very malty, strong and tasty, not like a lager at all, and certainly not like an american lager..

so far, I LIKE!

Sheeesh, Mountain Pro. The last time anyone posted here Il Pirato was still alive :D :D :D nearly.
You woke me up at least.

fatboy61 said:
Sheeesh, Mountain Pro. The last time anyone posted here Il Pirato was still alive :D :D :D nearly.
You woke me up at least.

FB61,

Mention beer and its surprising who wakes up!! I've been away in China. Brushing my teeth with Sing Tao.

Kind regards,

When I get a chance to sit down at a pub and enjoy my beer, it's a GUINESS.

When I'm just on a mission to drink with my friends, it's a Coors Light in a can.

James Bruce Gil said:
FB61,

Mention beer and its surprising who wakes up!! I've been away in China. Brushing my teeth with Sing Tao.

Kind regards,

Welcome back from the orient. Did you notice that Susan Repp has resurfaced.
No sign of Sara as yet.
I saw Bruce Lee kick the a** off Sing Tao in a "chop em up" movie.
Hope you didn't get Hung Chow while in China.
That's Chinese constipation,you know.

jhuskey said:
Welcome back from the orient. Did you notice that Susan Repp has resurfaced.
No sign of Sara as yet.
I saw Bruce Lee kick the a** off Sing Tao in a "chop em up" movie.
Hope you didn't get Hung Chow while in China.
That's Chinese constipation,you know.

Huskey,

Its good to be back as much as I love travel. The beds over that way are very hard, and the beer is not exactly what I prefer as pallatable as it is.

The Korean lady has wiped me. It seems she has found a more available & permanent gentleman friend back home, whom it seems want's to make an honest woman out of her and she has this thing about biological clocks & her age. We had a few good sessions for old times sake, since I was available and he wasn't. I hope this new found gentleman friend has got the goods, because she needs a bloke as often as any woman I've ever met and she certainly has a prediliction towards the more strenuous of the bedroom activities. She has said there'll be no more clandestine meetings, but has promised me that she'll stay in touch by email though.

No Hung Chow, but I thought I may have had Hong Kong Dong at one stage. You know the punch line; "Velly soon dlop off".

What do you make of the debacle surrounding Le Tour? I've said before the only way we are going to see who really is the best is if its treated like technological advances, and every one can try whatever they like.

All the top performers will be on the good stuff in pretty short order and we'd be back to a level playing field so to speak. :D

KInd regards,

lwedge said:
Samuel Adams - Boston Lauger
Sam's Lager is excellent. Have you tried the Sam's Ale yet? I haven't, but I think I'll pick some up tonight.

"Ride" report soon. :D