Which pro athlete do you dislike the most?

n2t said:
I'm going to have to go with larry bird. Even though he's a former pro, not current. I just don't like the way anytime he gets on camera he has something racist to say. It just bothers me.

Yeah me too, I don't even know who he is, but I don't like him.

janiejones said:
Yeah me too, I don't even know who he is, but I don't like him.

Alright,here goes: any golfer, baseball player, football player, basketball player, or bowler. I'm not much for organized team sports. Golf puts me to sleep faster than Diprivan. Bowling? That's just a lousy excuse for drinking beer....and there are much better excuses for drinking beer.

alienator said:
Alright,here goes: any golfer, baseball player, football player, basketball player, or bowler. I'm not much for organized team sports. Golf puts me to sleep faster than Diprivan. Bowling? That's just a lousy excuse for drinking beer....and there are much better excuses for drinking beer.
Gee, Alien, why do you include basketball in that group? The game itself is one of the best ever invented: show me a good basketball player and I'll show you a good athlete. (I grant you that many of the pros can be punks, but that doesn't vitiate my point.)

alienator said:
Hey, princess, being a vet ain't a free pass to anything. The wonderful patriotic soldiers that did the My Lai masacre were/are vets, and they're scum. So given you're talk, I think it's safe to assume your scum.

You sound like one of those guys that says, "Hey, I got a black friend." Good for you princess.

If you want respect, then talk like you deserve it. Your "ghetto"use doesn't do that, scumbag. I am sorry, though, that my taxes may have gone to paying your pay in the military. What a waste of cash.
almost as bad as your worthless existence wastes my oxygen, *****. i got your princess right here -- come kiss it.

bigpedaler said:
almost as bad as your worthless existence wastes my oxygen, *****. i got your princess right here -- come kiss it.

Golly, you are a stud, Pvt. Fafaine....well, if blowhards are studs. Heck, American's must be proud that someone spawned you. Again, you can't read, and you've made a bunch of ignorant, brainless assumptions based on your inability to comprehend simple ideas.

alienator said:
Golly, you are a stud, Pvt. Fafaine....well, if blowhards are studs. Heck, American's must be proud that someone spawned you. Again, you can't read, and you've made a bunch of ignorant, brainless assumptions based on your inability to comprehend simple ideas.
tell you what, michael moore -- when you finally read more than i've written in life, you can comment. until then, you're not entitled to an opinion.

bigpedaler said:
tell you what, michael moore -- when you finally read more than i've written in life, you can comment. until then, you're not entitled to an opinion.

Wow. Spoken like a true right wing nutjob: only your ilk knows what freedom is, and only your ilk is allowed to dole it out.

You're hilarious, Fafaine. Thank the gods you were out there posing in a uniform, allegedly defending our "freedoms"....

Golly, you've written a lot? So did that Army Ranger that killed his family many years ago.....so did all kinds of military criminals. John Wayne Gacy wrote stories. The Unibomber wrote a lot. Like them, you do string words together with protoplasmic skill.

Thanks for all the sacrifices hero....I'm sure they helped to fortify your legend in your own mind.

Passionate debate, warms the heart doesn't it.

Another name: Vijay Singh. Most sexist man on the planet.

On the flipside, favorite athlete: Adam Gilchrist (and thats coming from a Kiwi).

Floyd mayweather jr is another athlete I don't like, I'm not one for a pro boxer beating up his girl. Favorites I'm a big fan of chris byrd even though I'm not christian I appriciate his faith and clean lifestyle. John Stockton old Jazz pointguard, another all around nice guy. Larry Bird btw is a rather famous boston celtics player used to duel relentlessly with Magic Johnson before the aids enforced retirement. Very skilled, but he rubbs me the wrong way.

How about Floyd Landis? This latest debacle seems pure fiction, except it is real... unbelievable, what a douche.

wilmar13 said:
How about Floyd Landis? This latest debacle seems pure fiction, except it is real... unbelievable, what a douche.

I think Floyd was framed by a French lab, ok!

I would hate Pete Rose. Redneck gambler.

Oh yes, golf is a skilled hobby - doesn't seem to physically demanding.

I watch roadbiking as a sport cuz I do it, but before I became a roadbiker I hardly ever watched any bike races - on tv or live. And before I would it just think it's a sport where guys are just riding around in a bike.

Let's cut through the **** and have a little truthiness here, eh boys n' girls?

Being a jingoistic, militaristic, mind-focked douche bag is a sport. Main "athletic" skills being: one's ability to kill, maim, torture, or rape innocent Ay-Rab ragheads (and lie about it later) vs. one's ability to outrun car bombers and avoid IED's. Of course, real honor and true patriotism are not pre-requisites, so it's easy to begin your new sports career!

Biggest Downside: you don't get as much network TV exposure as say...OJ or Barry Bonds or Floyd or Latrell Sprewell. Biggest Upside: you get to say things like, "Ah fought in Eye-RACK (or AY-stan), so you better have some RESPEK!"

As former active Army (late 70's to early 80's), I am thoroughly disgusted and ashamed of the US military since 2001 - starting with those Air Force officers that "only followed orders" and did not scramble to the threat areas to protect their country from the 9/11 attacks - right up through to today.

Anyone with an IQ greater than that of a small soap dish and an ounce of integrity left would feel the same. Period, end of debate.

Wurm said:
Let's cut through the **** and have a little truthiness here, eh boys n' girls?

Being a jingoistic, militaristic, mind-focked douche bag is a sport. Main "athletic" skills being: one's ability to kill, maim, torture, or rape innocent Ay-Rab ragheads (and lie about it later) vs. one's ability to outrun car bombers and avoid IED's. Of course, real honor and true patriotism are not pre-requisites, so it's easy to begin your new sports career!

Biggest Downside: you don't get as much network TV exposure as say...OJ or Barry Bonds or Floyd or Latrell Sprewell. Biggest Upside: you get to say things like, "Ah fought in Eye-RACK (or AY-stan), so you better have some RESPEK!"

As former active Army (late 70's to early 80's), I am thoroughly disgusted and ashamed of the US military since 2001 - starting with those Air Force officers that "only followed orders" and did not scramble to the threat areas to protect their country from the 9/11 attacks - right up through to today.

Anyone with an IQ greater than that of a small soap dish and an ounce of integrity left would feel the same. Period, end of debate.
I agree with you. That said, a rant like this really belongs in the soapbox section of the forum. Anyway, "W" is only an amatuer jingoistic, militaristic, mind-focked douche bag anyway.

If NASCAR is not a sport as many of you contend, then I'll have to say anyone who plays in the NBA. After all, it's just a bunch of guys running around bouncing a ball.

kdelong said:
...a rant like this really belongs in the soapbox section of the forum.
Then so does a rant like this:

"You really are an F---ING JERK! It's Candyasses like you that make our country as messed up as it is today! The soldiers at Mi Lai were just a small fraction of the MEN who have suffered and sacrificed so that candyasses like you can say and do pretty much anything that you want, you idiot. Get your head out of your butt and look around. All the freedoms that you take for granted were paid for by someone else and owe them a big apology you wimp. You regretted paying your taxes to pay the salary of the military? I bet that the ones who didn't come home regret laying down their life for a wad-waste like you!!! Asshole!"

...but I see you didn't include your post in that assessment. Whyzzat?

kdelong said:
Anyway, "W" is only an amatuer jingoistic, militaristic, mind-focked douche bag anyway.
Actually, "W" is a professional douche bag (ie: he gets paid for it), but has never possessed a mind to be focked. It is the military - from the top down to the lowest grunt - who are performing Chimpy's dirty work. Anyone who doesn't now oppose it is part of the problem.

I am a member of the military. I'm not anti any culture. I don't try to hurt anyone. While over there I built houses, cooked food, talked about going to a university, and helped get some of our fallen soldiers home as soon as possable. I didn't even carry a gun or fire one shot after 4 months. There is no reason to attack us in this way. If you don't like how things are going make it known in the ballot box. Or write a congressman. Noone is over there to have a good time.

To get back on topic.

I dislike equally all pro athletes who are racist, and who go around thinking they are somehow better than anybody else.

I think this probably encompasses too many people to name.

Wurm said:
Then so does a rant like this:

"You really are an F---ING JERK! It's Candyasses like you that make our country as messed up as it is today! The soldiers at Mi Lai were just a small fraction of the MEN who have suffered and sacrificed so that candyasses like you can say and do pretty much anything that you want, you idiot. Get your head out of your butt and look around. All the freedoms that you take for granted were paid for by someone else and owe them a big apology you wimp. You regretted paying your taxes to pay the salary of the military? I bet that the ones who didn't come home regret laying down their life for a wad-waste like you!!! Asshole!"

...but I see you didn't include your post in that assessment. Whyzzat?

Actually, "W" is a professional douche bag (ie: he gets paid for it), but has never possessed a mind to be focked. It is the military - from the top down to the lowest grunt - who are performing Chimpy's dirty work. Anyone who doesn't now oppose it is part of the problem.
I have to admit that I stuck my foot in my mouth this time. Sorry about that but you are right. I really want to apologize to you and also to Alienator for that earlier post. I get a little worked up when I read comments that I believe are disparaging to the military who through no fault of their own are taking the brunt of W's "little game" of nation building. Actually this posting should also be in the Soapbox section of the forum, so my apologies to all who took the time to read it. Actually, I sort of dislike all pro athletes just because I'm jealous that they can get paid for playing a game and I can't! At least I haven't found a game yet that anyone will pay me to play.