Which pro athlete do you dislike the most?

n2t said:
I am a member of the military. I'm not anti any culture. I don't try to hurt anyone.
Do you really believe that you've done something "good" over there? :rolleyes: Ask yourself: what does passively watching or allowing others do the "hurting" result in?

n2t said:
While over there I built houses, cooked food, talked about going to a university, and helped get some of our fallen soldiers home as soon as possable. I didn't even carry a gun or fire one shot after 4 months. There is no reason to attack us in this way.
So basically, you helped to feed and house the machine that was/is killing Iraqi's, and/or stood idly by while this was going on around you? That's called aiding and abetting.

There IS 'reason to attack' anyone who gives support in any way to what the main thrust of the US occupation of Iraq has been and is, which was illegal at its inception, has proven to be extremely immoral and criminal all along, and even now the Iraqi legislature has voted for the US to leave.

Please don't try to peddle the pablum that the US is building homes, schools, etc. The US systematically destroys by orders of magnitude more lives in Iraq daily than lives it has ever helped. How long do you think the radioactivity from exploded US depleted uranium ordnance is going to last? Try forever.

n2t said:
If you don't like how things are going make it known in the ballot box. Or write a congressman.
This may come as a shock to you, but I've done all of that, and plenty more, and will continue to do so.

Why did some of yall have to turn a simple thread into such a huge, pointless argument? You're never gonna convince the otherside to change their opinion, so quit acting like children calling eachother "candyass" and "princess", and just shut up and keep your opinions to yourself.

Now, to answer the thread questions:

Michael Vick. As a saints fan, he is PE#1. I cannot wait til he gets arrested!

saintsfan342000 said:
Why did some of yall have to turn a simple thread into such a huge, pointless argument? You're never gonna convince the otherside to change their opinion, so quit acting like children calling eachother "candyass" and "princess", and just shut up and keep your opinions to yourself.

Perhaps you should do the same. Without the exchange of opinions, how do improvements ever get made?

Maybe we should rank the pointlessness of your comments.....I give your comments a 1.2/10.

I don't know if I helped anyone or not. But I made some friends, and supported those I think deserve it. I have helped the families of fallen soldiers there and now back here and will continue to do so. I'm proud of what I do, and will spend as many years of my life as I can doing it. Not supporting myself or other members of the military is your choice, continuing on in my duty despite your feelings/objections is mine and may we both live long and fruitfull lives. Oh and some of the things built were for local citizens not much for the US people. We employed alot of LCNs(local country nationals) and I have no problem saying they were very good people. I still keep in touch with one or two of them.

n2t -

What you should be doing is helping to end the mindless carnage in Iraq. I suppose if it were your ass getting blown off, or seeing the torn, dead bodies of kids everyday, or watching some Army pals gradually lose their minds and their souls from committing multiple war crimes, you might be talking differently.

But it's easy for those that get to stay in the rear.

Don't you think you can find another way to make a living, or is lining the pockets of the oil companies, KBR/Halliburton, and the GOP/Neo Cons your main purpose in life?

You should wake up to exactly what the **** it is that you're doing, instead of making excuses that there is "some good" in it.

alienator said:
You can't read, can you? Did I say that all soldiers were like the ones at My Lai? No, I didn't. What I did say is that just saying you're a vet, doesn't mean you were God's gift to freedom. Nope. Guess what peaches? If we played like you want to play it, then those My Lai guys would just have to say they were vets and nothing more.....and everything would be warm, fuzzy, and golden.

Well, guess what? There are bad soldiers. As such, I'm not going to accept at face value that anyone was an "honorable defender of freedom" without knowing a lot more about them. In the same way all cops and firemen aren't heros, all bankers aren't honest, not all actors are good, and not all engineers and scientists are smart. Sorry, people have to earn their "honors."

As for defending my freedoms.....Peaches, since and including the Vietnam war, there hasn't been a single god-damned action that protected my freedoms. Vietnam is a communist country today; they play nice with other countries; and they haven't damaged my freedom. Grenada and Panama? Nope. Didn't do a damned thing to protect my freedom. Iraq? Don't make me laugh: the actions there have increased the threats on US citizens. Afghanistan? Hardly. The job has never been done right or to completion. Farming fighting out to fickle warlords is hardly a way to protect freedom.

So ********, Francis. Wearing a uniform doesn't automatically earn someone a gold star or a smiley face. I've got all the respect in the world for good soldiers. It's a job that has to be done, and they've no choice, generally about being sent off to do the job. As for people who voluntarily throw stuff out like

...well, they're **** ant blowhards. The same is true for people like you that go all patriotic without reading carefully or investing anytime in independent critical thought.

All the alleged "freedom fighting" of the last few years has only marginalized the US with other countries of the world, increased the threats upon us, and drained our nat'l budget of monies that could have been better spent elsewhere.

FWIW, the idea that only a veteran knows what freedom is...well, that's a first rate crock of ****. The four dead Kent State students did more to defend our freedoms as any combat has in the last 40 years. The protestors beaten in LA a week or two ago have done just as much for my freedoms as anything else that's happend since the sixties.

You need to take a refresher course on what freedom really is.
DAMN YOU ALIENATOR YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ME AGREEING WITH YOU.....YOOOOOU BASTID!!!:D

...Oh Yeah...at the moment there is a 3-way deadlock between Terrell Owens, Pacman Jones and Michael Vick:mad: .

alienator said:
Alright,here goes: any golfer, baseball player, football player, basketball player, or bowler. I'm not much for organized team sports. Golf puts me to sleep faster than Diprivan. Bowling? That's just a lousy excuse for drinking beer....and there are much better excuses for drinking beer.
Now THIS IS MORE LIKE IT......(I used to bowl and am in the National Hall of Fame...the truth:eek: ). Thanks for bringing me back to my senses:D .

Nope I'll keep making my living this way as long as they'll have me. Thanks for asking though.

Meanwhile, I'll be doing everything I can to interfere. The best part is knowing that my side will eventually prevail.

Ok well you have fun with that. Meanwhile I'll direct my intrest to something more interesting, sports at the moment. I have to say that after last night, Jermain Taylor has to be one of my least favorite athletes. He's big, strong, in shape, well spoken, and athleticly gifted. Yet he can't have an exciting fight, he just doesn't work enough. Twice he faced Bernard hopkins, a 40 year old, who's visably slowed, and hasn't knocked someone out in about 5 years. And looked boring and barely won both fights (Taylor is 28), then he faces winky wright, a light hitting smaller guy with a GREAT defence, and fights to a draw, then he fights Kasim Ouma, again small guy, tailor made for Taylor(pun much), Ouma comes forward, is buisy, and is there to get hit all night, lacks real one punch power, isn't great defensivly and should be a walk in the park for the bigger, stronger, more technicaly sound Taylor. He beats him, but not with any kind of emphasis, Ouma was the one who made the fight exciting. Now he just fought cory spinks, Guy has NO power, Has fought at 140 and been KOd by Zab Judah. Now Winky, Ouma, they were natural 154 pounders, Taylor is a 160 pounder, Spinks is more of a 140 pounder, maybe 154 if lucky, but Taylor hit him maybe 7-8 times a round, didn't do a thing. Thats 5 BORING fights from the guy who wants to be a great champion. And not ONE of these 5 guys can crack. When is this guy going to stop fighting small or old pitty pat fighters and take on a guy at 160 who can crack? Anywho sorry for the rant, just needed to get that off my chest.

alienator said:
As for defending my freedoms.....Peaches, since and including the Vietnam war, there hasn't been a single god-damned action that protected my freedoms. Vietnam is a communist country today; they play nice with other countries; and they haven't damaged my freedom. Grenada and Panama? Nope. Didn't do a damned thing to protect my freedom. Iraq? Don't make me laugh: the actions there have increased the threats on US citizens. Afghanistan? Hardly. The job has never been done right or to completion. Farming fighting out to fickle warlords is hardly a way to protect freedom.

So ********, Francis. Wearing a uniform doesn't automatically earn someone a gold star or a smiley face. I've got all the respect in the world for good soldiers. It's a job that has to be done, and they've no choice, generally about being sent off to do the job. As for people who voluntarily throw stuff out like

...well, they're **** ant blowhards. The same is true for people like you that go all patriotic without reading carefully or investing anytime in independent critical thought.

All the alleged "freedom fighting" of the last few years has only marginalized the US with other countries of the world, increased the threats upon us, and drained our nat'l budget of monies that could have been better spent elsewhere.

FWIW, the idea that only a veteran knows what freedom is...well, that's a first rate crock of ****. The four dead Kent State students did more to defend our freedoms as any combat has in the last 40 years. The protestors beaten in LA a week or two ago have done just as much for my freedoms as anything else that's happend since the sixties.

You need to take a refresher course on what freedom really is.
+1

Goot points.

I don't know any pro athletes. All I know about the pros comes from hype machines and police blotters.:)

n2t said:
Ok well you have fun with that. Meanwhile I'll direct my intrest to something more interesting, sports at the moment.
Yes, sports is always more interesting than the innocent Iraqi women and kids you're helping to murder.

Or the innocent wives and childeren back here that you are. But I guess the value of life depends on nationality. Fact is my job is to feed, house, and keep up the spirits of our troops, and to take care of the remains of those who've fallen doing their duty no matter who's side they are on. And I would gladly spend the rest of my life doing that. Agree with the war, not my place to say. However it is yours, and those who agree with you. You have congressman, elections, newspapers, and other healthy means of voicing your opinions and actualy making a differance. However you've chosen the route of name calling, personal attack, and imaturity that shamed so many people during the vietnam era. It's sad that you can't support your countrymen while still dissaproving of their actions and doing your best to end what you feel is an ill advised war. There are going to be alot of situations in life where people make choices you don't agree with from a moral standpoint. Perhaps if you change your tactics in how you approach people more of them will be willing to take you seriously and even consider your point of view. Fact is there are good men and women fighting the war for both sides and good men and women against the war. And when you learn to conduct yourself with a bit of respect toward them all your side is one step closer to winning as you said a few posts ago. Because noone will be against you.

n2t said:
Or the innocent wives and childeren back here that you are. But I guess the value of life depends on nationality.
Please explain how my opposing the genocide in Iraq by the US military under the Neo Cons is murdering "innocent wives and childeren back here" in the US. Maybe you can enlist the services of Bush's "national security lawyers" for this one?

n2t said:
Fact is my job is to feed, house, and keep up the spirits of our troops,...
...which is called aiding and abetting systematic, state-sponsored murder of countless civilians on a daily basis. Using pretty words to attempt to cover up the facts does not change those facts. There are somewhere between 700,000 and 1 miliion of those "facts" now, but no one really knows for sure except the Bu$hCo military.

n2t said:
Agree with the war, not my place to say.
That is what "good Germans" said in the 1930's, but by being involved as you are you've already had your "say" and made your choice. If you're a citizen of the US, it is as much your "place to say" (ie: responsibility) as any other citizen's. You cannot abrogate just because the facts are inconvenient or uncomfortable.

n2t said:
It's sad that you can't support your countrymen while still dissaproving of their actions...
Please explain how one is supposed to divorce a person from their actions, especially now that anyone who joins the US military or its supporting services should easily be aware of what that military is doing before they join up.

There is no longer the excuse that was used in 2003-04 that, "I didn't know what I was getting in to...I just wanted to defend my country..." Any thinking person back then would have known that Iraq had not attacked the US, so there was no "defending" to be done anyway. The invasion was based on Bu$hCo's lies, plain and simple, and the occupation is based on continuing lies. If you are part of the occupation then you are propagating those lies.

Maybe you should talk to some of the many that have gone AWOL or refused to re-deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan. Those are the only ones I can support, because they acted upon their conscience.

You mentioned Vietnam. There was a time during the Vietnam War when this same tactic was tried - blaming the politicians and top brass - but not holding the local commanders and grunts on the ground responsible for their actions. The only partial excuse some of those guys might have had was that they were drafted, but even that position doesn't exist today.

Scarantino said:
+1 to all the anti-Nascar posts.

I'll take a brilliant work of art, an F1 car, screaming around a track and taking mind-blowing turns at 160mph over a Nascar and a boring, oval track any day.

Amen to that. :)

Funny how Nascar folk are also the ones who think Pro Wrestling is real, which of course wouldn't even exist if not for Nascar folk. Neither 'sport' would exist if some genius hadn't come up with the 'mobile home' way back when...

kdelong said:
If NASCAR is not a sport as many of you contend, then I'll have to say anyone who plays in the NBA. After all, it's just a bunch of guys running around bouncing a ball.

NBA guys actually 'run', which is athletic, while I don't think sitting with the steering wheel turned 10 degree to the left is, even my playstation car games are tougher requiring turning back to the right periodically.

Nascar people are also dumb enough to believe that these guys are like me. Yeah, except while you work at the quarry, his daddy OWNED the quarry. ;)

Yojimbo_ said:
To get back on topic.

I dislike equally all pro athletes who are racist, and who go around thinking they are somehow better than anybody else.

I think this probably encompasses too many people to name.

Too true.

I guess it depends on how far your non-support goes. Useless forum posting is nothing but there are those who actualy travled to iraq to interfer and those who back here have interfered physicly with the troops or their families those people have cost lives. Either way, I know there's a strong contingent of people who support our troops so fortunately the vocal minority isn't that irksome. Few of my troops just came back from iraq, glad to have them, and I'll be going out again soon I'm sure. And at no time will I give anything you've said a second thought as I do my job. Instead I'll think about those that matter.
Back on topic
Tim duncan and manu ginobli are quickly becoming my two least favorites this week. Jazz down 2-0 and we simply can't stop these two, if we get blown out of this series I'm moving them to the top of my list.....