Xes - Message Board

I've been missing for a few months from here too due to relocation, again and this time its the final one.

Fred C is alive and kicking, he's moved too and is now back on the internet. I'm surprised he hasn't written back on here.

Watched todays Giro, lovely scenery but very uninteresting.

hemplands said:
I've been missing for a few months from here too due to relocation, again and this time its the final one.

Fred C is alive and kicking, he's moved too and is now back on the internet. I'm surprised he hasn't written back on here.

Watched todays Giro, lovely scenery but very uninteresting.
Hi, glad to hear that FredC is fairing well. I caught some of the TTT on RAI last night, but I, too, don't find them very exciting to watch. The scenery was stunning.
Regards,
Eoin

EoinC said:
Hi, glad to hear that FredC is fairing well. I caught some of the TTT on RAI last night, but I, too, don't find them very exciting to watch. The scenery was stunning.
Regards,
Eoin
hi there// good old fred ..i heard he was not too well.. is he alive and kicking.???. ttt giro, good sporting route, but i think the riders were not impressed... still banging em in,, got a scrappy 4th, 2 weeks ago, and a good 3rd last week,, hill top finish,, not my metier..race on thursday.. another french day off for the french workers... see ya BRF.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there// good old fred ..i heard he was not too well.. is he alive and kicking.???. ttt giro, good sporting route, but i think the riders were not impressed... still banging em in,, got a scrappy 4th, 2 weeks ago, and a good 3rd last week,, hill top finish,, not my metier..race on thursday.. another french day off for the french workers... see ya BRF.
What I saw of the route looked great for a race, but TTT's really don't spin my crank. Happy to hear that you're still cracking it, BRF.
Cheers from West Africa.

EoinC said:
What I saw of the route looked great for a race, but TTT's really don't spin my crank. Happy to hear that you're still cracking it, BRF.
Cheers from West Africa.
hi there, where are you in W/A. as you may or not know, we lived in S/A in the good old or was it bad old days.. never knew really, spent most of time working.bringing up 2 boys and racing.. came back to the uk in 1977... we were there last year for 6 weeks,, what a diffference.... yes still banging em in.. not today though, fantastic rain storm,, what a year its been here, jan/feb racing kit, march/april/mai just wierd, warm one week cold the next, on sunday it was only 18c. had to porte my coupe de vent for 90% of the club sortie.. bet its warmer there.. good luck,, oh race on thursday.. will let U know how i get on... bon courage.

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there, where are you in W/A...
Hi, BRF. Yes, I was aware of some of your history. I'm in Equatorial Guinea, which is not too bad at all. I do 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, flying out of Perth, Aussie. I came through London a couple of weeks ago and the weather was excellent.
I haven't spent much time at home over the last few months, as I've been helping some mates setting up another operation. It looks like this time will be no different, as I'm probably headed over to NZ to get things rolling.
My poor bike's been in mothballs for a while now. In fact I had it sitting in the LBS for 7 weeks waiting for a new set of cranks that never arrived. The fact that it hibernated there so long shows that I wasn't paying attention.
I enjoy reading of your rides - helps clear my head - and the impressive mileage you get in.
Bon courage to you, too, BRF.

Its a very sad day for me, I have found out that I have lost a very good friend who is also known to you

Fred C has passed away.

He died on May 12th but his sister has been trying to find everyone but he didn't keep wonderful address lists.

RIP Peter Thompson alias FredC

MCM

hemplands said:
Its a very sad day for me, I have found out that I have lost a very good friend who is also known to you

Fred C has passed away.

He died on May 12th but his sister has been trying to find everyone but he didn't keep wonderful address lists.

MCM
I am truly sorry to hear it.

This Peter Thompson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmDwapJ934

hemplands said:
No I don't think so, Peter was 63, a spring chicken.

He rode in France in the 60's won a few races too. one of his teams was Credit Agricole.
hi there yes he spent quite a lot of the time down here in montpellier/narbonne.. strange i am racing on saturday on a course where pete would have ridden .BC

hemplands said:

Fred C has passed away.

MCM

Thanks for letting us know this, MCM

hemplands said:
Its a very sad day for me,...MCM
MCM, I'm very sorry to hear that. Peter's ascerbic wit was a welcome counterbalance. I hope that his family are aware of his contributions that made us all think a little more. I know that he caught me off balance more than once. I hope that he remains true to himself, as there are more than I who respect him for his stance.
Thank you for passing the news to us.
Kind regards,
Eoin

Jean Dubois said:
Hi Guys...Training in the back end of last week got underway well, that was until the "mystery virus" Doctor says it will probably just go, but maybe not, so gave up a litre of blood for testing yesterday. Feel great one minute, then it's back to a splitting headache and aching joints.

G'day Jean, for what its worth, get hold of some "Olive Leaf Extract", it's available in health food shops, (in The UK ?) Take 15ml doses five times a day in water, it's not unpleasant tasting stuff and it works a treat.
Not only will it get you over the dreaded wog, but will clean out the arteries at the same time. Yes, I know I've been away from this forum for some time,
have had other much more pressing things to do/complete. As the saying goes, nothing stays the same. We have to grin and bear it, just keep turning the pedals.

"G'day Jean, for what its worth, get hold of some "Olive Leaf Extract", it's available in health food shops, (in The UK ?) Take 15ml doses five times a day in water, it's not unpleasant tasting stuff and it works a treat."

Thanks for that mate. Hope things are better for you than it sounds!
It's been a wierd season. Started to get properly fit then whenever I make the "big effort" takes an eternity to recover - and I'm sure it's not old age!
Team Bridgeford Castle rode the Ariegeoise in the Pyrenees the other weekend. Did a reasonable to good ride, but went back to the shivers for several days and didn't ride for a week.
I'll be down the local health shop tomorrow. Family holiday season about to start so it's enforced rest time anyway.

Thanks for that mate. Hope things are better for you than it sounds!
It's been a wierd season. Started to get properly fit then whenever I make the "big effort" takes an eternity to recover - and I'm sure it's not old age!
Team Bridgeford Castle rode the Ariegeoise in the Pyrenees the other weekend. Did a reasonable to good ride, but went back to the shivers for several days and didn't ride for a week.
I'll be down the local health shop tomorrow. Family holiday season about to start so it's enforced rest time anyway.

I don't subscribe to the old age theory either, I'm still only eighteen years young on the inside, it's just the outside that gives the game away. As we age it unfortunately takes a lot longer to recover from anything. It's a bloody shame as well, especially when after a few days of recouperation and feeling like million dollars, getting out on the bike and doing a blinder, only to wake the following morning to have the ****ty, shivering feeling again.
My doctor (same age as me) who incidentally is a friend as well, rides a bike too, when, on the odd occasion, we get out for a ride, he tells me not to push so hard, his words of wisdom, which I treasure, "take it easy on yourself, like a vintage car, you don't rev the **** out of the engine and expect it to last the distance". I'm slowly beginning to heed the warnings, but it's very difficult, especially when you're feeling great, the sun is shining and the air is cool.
Be positive and above all else have lots of fun.

Must be old age, can't even get the bloody team name right. It's bridgewood Castle.
Sun's out today, got to cycle!

bikeriderfrance said:
hi there yes he spent quite a lot of the time down here in montpellier/narbonne.. strange i am racing on saturday on a course where pete would have ridden .BC
Are you still out there, BRF? How are things going in 2008?

I hope all of you are going well.

Cheers,
Eoin