A Smug Git Writes

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Just Zis Guy

On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

J

Just Zis Guy

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:44:58 -0000, "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)

>Jiz zis wheelbuilder this w/e then :)

If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

R

Richard Bates

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)

And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).

Love and spokes from Rich xx

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

A

Alex Graham

I suppose that someone is your cat?

-Alex

Richard Bates wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)
>
>
> And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).
>
> Love and spokes from Rich xx

A

Alex Graham

Richard Bates wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)
>
>
> And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).
>
> Love and spokes from Rich xx
>

And before anyone comments I've just switched this newsreader to bottom post mode :)

-Alex

T

Tony Raven

Alex Graham <[email protected]> wrote:
> Richard Bates wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 09:45:30 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> in
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> If God had meant us to build our own wheels he would never have given us Bob Bristow :)
>>
>>
>> And he would have given us more than 2 niples. (Actually I know someone who has 6 nipples).
>>
>> Love and spokes from Rich xx
>>
>
> And before anyone comments I've just switched this newsreader to bottom post mode :)
>

But you forget to trim non-relevant quotes. The beauty of Usenet is that whatever you do there is
always a nerd around to point out that you've done it wrong. The only solution is to keep
apologising to them while repeating the mistake until they explode in a puff of apoplexy ;-)

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
Bernard Shaw.

M

Marten Hoffmann

[email protected] schreef ...
> On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)

Congratulations. I just found out that for the last three days I have had my Lumotec (powered by
SON) permanently on. Never felt it.

--
Mvg, Marten

A

Alex Graham

>>And before anyone comments I've just switched this newsreader to bottom post mode :)
>>
>
>
> But you forget to trim non-relevant quotes. The beauty of Usenet is that whatever you do there is
> always a nerd around to point out that you've done it wrong. The only solution is to keep
> apologising to them while repeating the mistake until they explode in a puff of apoplexy ;-)

Crikey. Its so much easier to just type a comment in and then anyone else knows what I'm talking
about rather than have to work backwards through the discussion :eek:)

Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?

-Alex

P

Paul Rudin

Marten Hoffmann <[email protected]> writes:

> [email protected] schreef ...
> > On the desk in front of me is a brand new SON and a set of DT stainless butted spokes :)
>
> Congratulations. I just found out that for the last three days I have had my Lumotec (powered by
> SON) permanently on. Never felt it.

I do that sometimes - I ride to work in the morning without realising that I've left it on from the
night before. Although you can tell the difference if pay attention when throwing the switch.

P

Paul Rudin

Alex Graham <[email protected]> writes:

>
> Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?
>

Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you quote),
which is the normal convention.

J

Just Zis Guy

On 02 Feb 2003 09:10:38 +0000, Paul Rudin <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?

>Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you quote),
>which is the normal convention.

I must confess that I normally don't bother with that unless it adds to the sense of the
conversation; I have a threading newsreader (and Google threads as well, of course) so if I want the
full context of an earlier post I can find it quickly enough.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

A

Alex Graham

Paul Rudin wrote:

>>Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?
>>
>
>
> Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you quote),
> which is the normal convention.

/me bangs head on desk :eek:)

Threading newsreader does do that for you though...

C

Chris French

In message <[email protected]>, Alex Graham <[email protected]> writes
>Paul Rudin wrote:
>
>>>Anyway how are my new found trimming skills?
>>>
>> Not bad - but you didn't leave attribution lines in (so we can see who wrote the bits you
>> quote), which is the normal convention.
>
>/me bangs head on desk :eek:)
>
>Threading newsreader does do that for you though...
>
Assuming that when you read a post you have the previous part of the thread to refer to.

I sometimes pop into a thread a while down the thread and some of the posts previous may have
been expired.

and of course not everybody maybe using a good newsreader.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.