Another win for OZ

Davey Crockett

Guest
Hayman took the gold in the Road Race

A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

--
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Isahaqi: Death in the Desert

Davey Crockett wrote:
> Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
> A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

> Davey Crockett wrote:
> > Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
> > A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

> Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

I noticed, but let it slide

Cooke did a fantastic ride for second place considering some of the
teams had six rider squads whilst the Welsh had only Cooke

The crash at the end of lap 4 when Australian rider Olivia Gollan
clipped Cooke's rear wheel and brought down a sizeable portion of the
field was a classic though ;)

I sorta support Womens racing although much of it is not very
interesting

Part of the problem as I see it is that there just are not enough women
racing so that there is a very wide range if capabilities in any given
event

It's too bad really

--
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Avram builds a Deck

Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

> Davey Crockett wrote:
> > Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
> > A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

> Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

But for the farce of the weekend, take a look at the Criterium
International

About 50 riders either dropped out or DNF'd the 3.5 km TT stage and a
bunch of others were hors delai :)

Hopefully the Brabantse Pijl/Fleche Brabaconne will be favoured with
better weather

--
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Tehran: The best show in town

Davey Crockett wrote:

> Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
>
> A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

At least it seems silver medallist David George might be getting a spot
with Milram.

Davey Crockett wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:
>

>>Davey Crockett wrote:
>>
>>>Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
>>>A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

>>Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

> But for the farce of the weekend, take a look at the Criterium
> International
>
> About 50 riders either dropped out or DNF'd the 3.5 km TT stage and a
> bunch of others were hors delai :)
>
> Hopefully the Brabantse Pijl/Fleche Brabaconne will be favoured with
> better weather

it sounds like the pace was probably also too much this early in the
season. And a lot of abandons in the Commonwealth men's race... half
didn't finish!