Another win for OZ

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. Hayman took the gold in the Road Race

    A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

    --
    Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
    Isahaqi: Death in the Desert

    Tags:

  2. Davey Crockett wrote:
    > Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
    > A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

    Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  3. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

    > Davey Crockett wrote:
    > > Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
    > > A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

    > Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

    I noticed, but let it slide

    Cooke did a fantastic ride for second place considering some of the
    teams had six rider squads whilst the Welsh had only Cooke

    The crash at the end of lap 4 when Australian rider Olivia Gollan
    clipped Cooke's rear wheel and brought down a sizeable portion of the
    field was a classic though ;)

    I sorta support Womens racing although much of it is not very
    interesting

    Part of the problem as I see it is that there just are not enough women
    racing so that there is a very wide range if capabilities in any given
    event

    It's too bad really

    --
    Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
    Avram builds a Deck

  4. Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:

    > Davey Crockett wrote:
    > > Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
    > > A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

    > Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

    But for the farce of the weekend, take a look at the Criterium
    International

    About 50 riders either dropped out or DNF'd the 3.5 km TT stage and a
    bunch of others were hors delai :)

    Hopefully the Brabantse Pijl/Fleche Brabaconne will be favoured with
    better weather

    --
    Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
    Tehran: The best show in town

  5. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:

    > Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
    >
    > A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

    At least it seems silver medallist David George might be getting a spot
    with Milram.

  6. Davey Crockett wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> writes:
    >

    >>Davey Crockett wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hayman took the gold in the Road Race
    >>>A great show overall for the OZ cycling squad

    >>Did you happen to catch the women's race? What a farce.

    > But for the farce of the weekend, take a look at the Criterium
    > International
    >
    > About 50 riders either dropped out or DNF'd the 3.5 km TT stage and a
    > bunch of others were hors delai :)
    >
    > Hopefully the Brabantse Pijl/Fleche Brabaconne will be favoured with
    > better weather

    it sounds like the pace was probably also too much this early in the
    season. And a lot of abandons in the Commonwealth men's race... half
    didn't finish!

  7. Carinus

    Carinus Guest