Are there any Atheist cyclists out there?

wiredued said:
When you find a fossil can you tell if it had any kids let alone different kids?

Does anyone care? Does it matter? Can anyone tell if you had kids? Did impotency push you into your evangelical fervor? Do you understand that while you have a right to free speech, people have the right to see you for what you are: thougtless, offensive, ignorant? Did you know that the Crusades were run by people like you? Did you know that the Inquisition was run by people like you? Does it bother you that people openly laugh at you? Do I need to use smaller words so that you can understand better?

Why do polystrate trees some upside down extend through several rock strata layers that supposedly took millions of years to form?

EoinC said:
Just go down this corridor and I think it's the 3rd door on the left. There's a sign on the door, so you really can't miss it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. That was too funny.

wiredued said:
Why do polystrate trees some upside down extend through several rock strata layers that supposedly took millions of years to form?
For a while there, I thought that Wiredued was just being funny, then I noticed his sig, re-read his posts and realised he wasn't.

So, if he isn't being funny, is he really trying to tell us that evolution is wrong? (I didn't really believe people thought this way) :confused:

Why did the radioisotope date of Mt St Helen's recently formed lava dome in 1992 date at 350,000 to 2.8 million years old?

wheelist said:
For a while there, I thought that Wiredued was just being funny, then I noticed his sig, re-read his posts and realised he wasn't.

So, if he isn't being funny, is he really trying to tell us that evolution is wrong? (I didn't really believe people thought this way) :confused:
I don't think it's so much that people think the evolution is wrong,
rather they don't know what evolution is, lots of people really think it's chimps pooping out humans some years back, and that's how it happens.

As for the original topic,
I was once a believer, not so much in anything specific, but in more that there could be a higher being or something like that.
After years of science classes and really getting a grasp on things and how the world works, it has been really apparent to me that a higher being can't exist, and the idea of it is really quite ridiculous, to me at least.
Ride on, no matter what you think.
Ohh and if you don't know what evolution is, then talk to a local teacher (college preferably).

I just noticed something in the context of the scripture you refered to

Luke 18:35 ¶ And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging:

Matthew 20:29 ¶ And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude followed him. 30 And, behold, two blind men...

Is it possible that as Jesus came to Jericho he met one blind man and as he left he saw two? Different time place and people? Maybe you can rely on it now.:) I just like giving people options that they otherwise might not consider. I don't want to see any body talk themselves out of beleiving in God.

wheelist said:

wiredued said:

Luke 18:35 ¶ And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging:

Matthew 20:29 ¶ And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude followed him. 30 And, behold, two blind men...

Is it possible that as Jesus came to Jericho he met one blind man and as he left he saw two? Different time place and people? Maybe you can rely on it now.:) I just like giving people options that they otherwise might not consider. I don't want to see any body talk themselves out of beleiving in God.
What?!? :confused:

wiredued said:
Why did the radioisotope date of Mt St Helen's recently formed lava dome in 1992 date at 350,000 to 2.8 million years old?

Let me guess.. You actually believe that some guy named Noah built a huge boat (an ark in fact) and loaded-up a male and a female of every species that exists on the planet, thereby saving all species that exist from death via the "great flood" that covered the entire earth in water. Don't you?

meehs said:
Let me guess.. You actually believe that some guy named Noah built a huge boat (an ark in fact) and loaded-up a male and a female of every species that exists on the planet, thereby saving all species that exist from death via the "great flood" that covered the entire earth in water. Don't you?

Actually his name was Gilgamesh.

Kind not species is the word, dogs came from wolves so a pair of wolves would probably cover dogs and pups would be best to economize space and food. Do you beleive it rained on the rocks for millions of years turned them into soup and life just happened by random chance with a dna code incredibly more complex than anything Bill Gates ever wrote?

meehs said:

wiredued said:
Do you beleive it rained on the rocks for millions of years turned them into soup and life just happened by random chance with a dna code incredibly more complex than anything Bill Gates ever wrote?

Oh no, of course not; but you're mistaken... it was BILLIONS of years.

Now you see, right?

IronDonut said:
Are there any Atheist cyclists out there? You love to cycle and you believe in what can be seen and proven. And you think math and science is cool while completely discounting the super natural.

You might even believe that religion is a crowd control mechinism and yet one more example of a ponsi organization that steals power and money from those on the bottom of the ponsi scheme and redirects it to those on the top.

Just wondering.
Agnostic actually.

But as an ageing newie-ish mountain biker, rediscovering my mad teenage cycling skills, I find that I am happy to consider the exitence of a God at the _bottom_ of each slope! At the top, there is no question! <G>.

Seriously, I do feel that there is a huge gulf between religion as we use it, and a belief in God.

wiredued said:

Maybe he was drunk when he left eh? :D

Please tell me you're not going to argue that the bible is an accurate historical record of all the events it describes?

wheelist said:
Maybe he was drunk when he left eh? :D

Please tell me you're not going to argue that the bible is an accurate historical record of all the events it describes?
I believe there is a larger god out there who is not only watching us but the whole milky way and possibly he is under control of a larger god who is watching all life and space matter as we know it and then he is under the control of another dude etc etc. I dont believe we go to heaven we just die but someone is out there...Think about how young our civilization is. Surely there are other lifeforms out there with far superior technology who can see and do what they want, they probably cant be arsed checking us out much.

Its not healthy to be religious or think about what I think much because it screws you up and you forget to cherish, love and live NOW! Just try and be the best at what you do and remember to keep it in the interests of most of the society.

Christianity, muslim, prodestant and all that other mush are just a BS way of enforcing opinions and yeah general crowd control.

You are much better off spending time with family or freinds or riding ya bike than going to a temple or church and worshipping a fake dead dude!

dm69 said:
I believe there is a larger god out there who is not only watching us but the whole milky way and possibly he is under control of a larger god who is watching all life and space matter as we know it and then he is under the control of another dude etc etc.
Holy ****! Imagine the heavenly bureaucracy! :D