Armstrong comeback!

Armstrong comeback???? What kind of joke is this, I mean, how old is Lance? Even if he trainned properly there is no chance for him anymore.

Well, as someone else on here said a desperation for attention... well, maybey... or he just doesn't know what else to do with his life to get that high when he was still racing.

sopas said:
Armstrong comeback???? What kind of joke is this, I mean, how old is Lance? Even if he trainned properly there is no chance for him anymore.
He is only 36. LOL

I find this interesting and would be excited to see it, but, nonetheless think it is a bad idea. Reminds of the Jordan comeback...

watermelonman said:
Another article -
http://www.sportsline.com/worldsports/story/10967503

I would not expect him to win again, but at the same time I would not count him out.
Too many burrito's these last few years. He won't be competitive. He knows it. Its just a publicity stunt.

I actually think he is probably being blackmailed by the Hog. Come back or I will tell about the Ferrari camper van. That thing must be pretty fast, by the way. Is it red?

cynic said:
What? Is he getting too tired of riding women?

Oh well, time to dust off the PED's.
There is a lot of blonde woman in Texas hoping he will make a comeback. Having Lance in Europe for 6 months of the year will give them a break from his reptile antics in nightclubs.

We should be paying more attention to the young clean riders in the peleton and less to has-been ex-dopers with giant chips on their shoulders. The man thrives on the oxygen of publicity, best thing to do is ignore him.

Rolfrae said:
We should be paying more attention to the young clean riders in the peleton and less to has-been ex-dopers with giant chips on their shoulders. The man thrives on the oxygen of publicity, best thing to do is ignore him.
Well said. Do you think McQuaid will come out and say he's clean ? Just like Contador ?

If he does come back then the post count on this site will go up by 300%. We might as well start the thread now..... "Can Lance win the Tour in 09 ?"

whiteboytrash said:
Well said. Do you think McQuaid will come out and say he's clean ? Just like Contador ?
He might comeback clean but it doesn't prove he won his 7 Tours clean. To see how well he'd fare clean we just have to take a look at how well the likes of Hincapie and Popovych climb now they are off the Lance special blood doping programme.

Rolfrae said:
He might comeback clean but it doesn't prove he won his 7 Tours clean. To see how well he'd fare clean we just have to take a look at how well the likes of Hincapie and Popovych climb now they are off the Lance special blood doping programme.
Those Pesky French riders will have fun riding Armstrong off their wheels.

...and what of the outspoken David Miller ? Will he start pointing the finger if Armstrong starts winning mountain stages by 17 minutes ? or vice versa.... losing them by 28 minutes ?

part of me wants him to comeback..... I need to take the **** of out him !

Perhaps he'll hook up with another blonde pop star and parade his children around with her ? He really is all class.....

Tim Lamkin said:
Now maybe someone will watch the Tour.... :eek:

Tim mate, wrong again.

Spectator numbers both at roadside and on TV were the highest ever according to the ASO, for 2008 TDF.

Independent of the ASO statement regarding spectator numbers, several media organisations reported higher TV viewing numbers for 2008 TDF.
Nielsens for example, reported higher TV viewer figures for the 2008 TDF.

limerickman said:
Tim mate, wrong again.

Spectator numbers both at roadside and on TV were the highest ever according to the ASO, for 2008 TDF.

Independent of the ASO statement regarding spectator numbers, several media organisations reported higher TV viewing numbers for 2008 TDF.
Nielsens for example, reported higher TV viewer figures for the 2008 TDF.
The TDF this year was a different beast to the Tours of the Armstrong eras and despite what others on this forum said about it being boring I thought it genuinely exciting (once Ricco and Saunier left).

I'm not so sure the Euro fans would be standing at the roadside cheering his return. Europe quickly got over Lance, breathed a sigh of relief when he retired. The response would be more excited in the US which hasn't quite got over losing him.

Like WBT, I'd also like to see LA comeback to watch him get beaten to a classics sprint by Sylvain Chavanel, or get his **** kicked on a climb by the likes of Vandevelde.

whiteboytrash said:
I love this.....

"and will race for no salary or bonuses, the sources, who asked to remain anonymous, told VeloNews. "

"However sources close to the story have told VeloNews that an exclusive article on the matter will be published in an upcoming issue of Vanity Fair."

- So no salary but a $3million deal with Vanity Fair ? Why have the team pay you when someone else can ? ahhhh he's so good to the team.......

...this will be the biggest flop since Bjorg came back a couple of years back.
Ghey!!!

Rolfrae said:
Like WBT, I'd also like to see LA comeback to watch him get beaten to a classics sprint by Sylvain Chavanel, or get his **** kicked on a climb by the likes of Vandevelde.
..or watched him get pushed up alpe d'huez by a chain smoking, fat arsed drunken German cycling fan.

Rolfrae said:
Is Ullrich coming back too?!

Jan is actually looks pretty fit right now although he has not been training until recently.
On another subject I notice that Mr. Hamilton is making somewhat of a comeback.
I expect we will hear more from him.

jhuskey said:
On another subject I notice that Mr. Hamilton is making somewhat of a comeback.
I expect we will hear more from him.
I wonder which, if any, Euro races will give Rock an invite next year?