attack on child in cycle trailer .the +ve thread

Priorpark17

Guest
Let us leave the other thread to continue in they fantasy world of doing something against the
perpertrator, and instead try to do something for the victim. Does anyone know if the LBS or local
CTC is collecting or trying to get the girl something - a new trailer? a top bike? get well cards?

[email protected] (PRIORPARK17) wrote in news:[email protected]:
> Let us leave the other thread to continue in they fantasy world of doing something against the
> perpertrator, and instead try to do something for the victim. Does anyone know if the LBS or local
> CTC is collecting or trying to get the girl something - a new trailer? a top bike? get well cards?

I would love to send my sympathy; I found the report quite shocking.

As for a new trailer, compensation, etc, presumably this will all be claimed from the perpertartor's
insurance. However, we all know how the insurance companies try to wriggle out of paying
(contibutory negligence by being on a road, etc).

If they do, then would this be a good use of the CTC's cyclist's defence fund?

Toby

"Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ..... However, we all know how the insurance companies try to wriggle out of paying (contibutory
> negligence by being on a road......

There are no rules saying trailers cannot be used on a road as far as i'm aware.

"Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I would love to send my sympathy; I found the report quite shocking.
>
> As for a new trailer, compensation, etc, presumably this will all be claimed from the
> perpertartor's insurance. However, we all know how the insurance companies try to wriggle out of
> paying (contibutory negligence
by
> being on a road, etc).

There is no serious prospect of any contributory negligence being alleged. The guy clearly did it
deliberately and has been convicted after pleading guilty. It remains to be seen what the sentence
will be, but there should be zero problem about claiming off his insurance - although I suppose
there could be debate about quantum, but not on the grounds of contrib negligence.

Rich

"Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> "Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> I would love to send my sympathy; I found the report quite shocking.
>>
>> As for a new trailer, compensation, etc, presumably this will all be claimed from the
>> perpertartor's insurance. However, we all know how the insurance companies try to wriggle out of
>> paying (contibutory negligence
> by
>> being on a road, etc).
>>

> There is no serious prospect of any contributory negligence being alleged.

No, I didn't think there was. But I was thinking of the Darren Coombs case, where not being under
supervsion and no wearing a helmet were used by an insurance company to try to reduce damages.

Toby

[email protected] (PRIORPARK17) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Let us leave the other thread to continue in they fantasy world of doing something against the
> perpertrator, and instead try to do something for the victim. Does anyone know if the LBS or local
> CTC is collecting or trying to get the girl something - a new trailer? a top bike? get well cards?

Anyone have an address? I'd liek to send a card and/or flowers...

>Anyone have an address? I'd liek to send a card and/or flowers...

I'd suggest cards sent to the newspaper doing the reporting of the story should get passed along if
sent with a covering note to said paper.

Cheers, helen s