Caught speeding

Hippy:

You got it right. As one can imagine, a route can be a combination o
uphills, downhills and flat terrain. Different sections of the route ar
ridden (cruised if long enough) at different speeds. That's why w
usually use average speed as a generally better indicator

My average speed on the round commute trips lately is 27.1. If I didn'
imply that my average speed is high 40's, then there's no need for yo
to be sarcastic about it

Cheers, Amir

Hippy wrote: Maybe the poster means high-40's "on that section" of road
If he's cruising around at high 40's on normal streets and his speedo i
calibrated correctly he should be contacting the AIS and asking when th
Olympic squads are being picked

(snip...

-

"amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My average speed on the round commute trips lately is 27.1. If I

didn't
> imply that my average speed is high 40's, then there's no need for you
> to be sarcastic about it.

You didn't say your average speed was mid-high 40's, you said:
"Now that I commute with a roadie, on the same road, I have reached
high 60's , but cruise at mid-high 40's every day".

That makes it sound like you 'meant' your average speed, which is why
Rich mentioned the UCI ITT speeds and suggested you were on
a downhill or tailwind assisted section of road.

I was merely pointing out to Ritch that the poster (you?) was probably
NOT talking about his whole trip but a "section" of road and it really
could be possible for "mid-high 40's" for "that section of road".

Basically, I was defending, what you had said a little unclearly and
taking the **** for it at the same time. Sorry if I caused offence.

hippy

Hippy wrote:
> "amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:jjRYb.69-
> [email protected]:[email protected]
> etserver.com...
> > My average speed on the round commute trips lately is 27.1. If I

> didn't
> > imply that my average speed is high 40's, then there's no need for you
> > to be sarcastic about it.

> You didn't say your average speed was mid-high 40's, you said: "Now that
> I commute with a roadie, on the same road, I have reached high 60's ,
> but cruise at mid-high 40's every day".
> That makes it sound like you 'meant' your average speed, which is why
> Rich mentioned the UCI ITT speeds and suggested you were on a downhill
> or tailwind assisted section of road.
> I was merely pointing out to Ritch that the poster (you?) was probably
> NOT talking about his whole trip but a "section" of road and it really
> could be possible for "mid-high 40's" for "that section of road".
> Basically, I was defending, what you had said a little unclearly and
> taking the **** for it at the same time. Sorry if I caused offence.
> hippy

No offence was taken, Hippy. This is a trivial matter so let's let it go. :)

Cheers, Amir

-