Favourite music / musician

Bikerman2004 said:
GNR is the greatest band ever.
Guns N Roses were a good band. In my top 10 but...Greatest band ever...I'm not sold on that idea...

My favorite currently performing band is the blues/rock group Indigenous. Any fan of SRV or Hendrix should give them a listen (especially their older stuff).

I have been backing up some of my old CDs into MP3 format on my hard drive over the past week. (anyone want a cool, fast and free program to do this?)

and i spent a couple of hours listening to Rush and Dream Theatre...fantastic..

MountainPro said:
I have been backing up some of my old CDs into MP3 format on my hard drive over the past week. (anyone want a cool, fast and free program to do this?)

I want a cool, fast, and free program. What is it and where do I find it?

birdman23 said:
I want a cool, fast, and free program. What is it and where do I find it?
Hi Birdman,

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Its called the Music Converter by Illustrate. This is a stunningly simple program that is completely free. No hidden catches, no adverts, no time outs and no reduced functionality. This will convert anything into anything. I use it to back up my cd collection into MP3 format so i can download it from my PC to my MP3 player. It will even convert vinyl LPs into digital format such as .wma, .mp3 etc.

It rips a full CD in about 7 mins and if you are connected to the internet while you are ripping the program accesses it massive databse and downloads the artist names and track titles and ID tags.

I have used it for a couple of years now and its far better that product you would pay £100 for.

MountainPro said:

Would that be classic Rush or after they turned pop?

MountainPro said:
Hi Birdman,

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Its called the Music Converter by Illustrate. This is a stunningly simple program that is completely free. No hidden catches, no adverts, no time outs and no reduced functionality. This will convert anything into anything. I use it to back up my cd collection into MP3 format so i can download it from my PC to my MP3 player. It will even convert vinyl LPs into digital format such as .wma, .mp3 etc.

It rips a full CD in about 7 mins and if you are connected to the internet while you are ripping the program accesses it massive databse and downloads the artist names and track titles and ID tags.

I have used it for a couple of years now and its far better that product you would pay £100 for.
Sweet. Thanks MountainPro. I am getting an iPod (I know I am behind the times as just about everyone has an MP3 player nowadays) and I have a ton of CD's I need to convert.

:rolleyes:
birdman23 said:
Sweet. Thanks MountainPro. I am getting an iPod (I know I am behind the times as just about everyone has an MP3 player nowadays) and I have a ton of CD's I need to convert.
IPOD sweet...I'm still using a mini disc player...at the time, the player cost the same as a mp3 player but the discs were so much cheaper than upgrading the memory on the MP3....I can cram about 3-5 cd's onto each mini disc depending on which mode I record. It took me two years to talk mrs. zap into letting me get my bose dream system...So, maybe I'll have better luck with the IPOD...

zapper said:
:rolleyes:
IPOD sweet...I'm still using a mini disc player...at the time, the player cost the same as a mp3 player but the discs were so much cheaper than upgrading the memory on the MP3....I can cram about 3-5 cd's onto each mini disc depending on which mode I record. It took me two years to talk mrs. zap into letting me get my bose dream system...So, maybe I'll have better luck with the IPOD...
Yeah I am pretty stoked. I came into some unexpected cash and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I have researched just about every MP3 player on the market and I keep coming back to the ipod just because it is so user friendly. Although iRiver is making some pretty neat players.

birdman23 said:
Yeah I am pretty stoked. I came into some unexpected cash and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I have researched just about every MP3 player on the market and I keep coming back to the ipod just because it is so user friendly. Although iRiver is making some pretty neat players.
Yeah but iRiver doesn't have little versions of Bono dancing around singing his lame old song...hehe

zapper said:
Yeah but iRiver doesn't have little versions of Bono dancing around singing his lame old song...hehe
Lol. I love U2 but I think it is pretty lame to pay an extra $50 to get a black and red "U2 Special edition" ipod. Unless it came preloaded with the complete digital boxset that is.

birdman23 said:
Lol. I love U2 but I think it is pretty lame to pay an extra $50 to get a black and red "U2 Special edition" ipod. Unless it came preloaded with the complete digital boxset that is.
I concur...I would much rather have once that displayed pics of Gwen Stefani!!!

zapper said:
Yep..looks just like mrs..Zap...oh, a man can dream can't he?
Lol. Dream on my friend, dream on. My wife laughs everytime she hears a No Doubt song 'cause she knows I am infatuated with Gwennie, as I call her.

birdman23 said:
Lol. Dream on my friend, dream on. My wife laughs everytime she hears a No Doubt song 'cause she knows I am infatuated with Gwennie, as I call her.
Hey thats what I call her! Thats not fair... :)

zapper said:
or...maybe we could get her to star on Wife swap!!! Besides...I saw her first!
I would volunteer to be the swapper for free. Keep the lousy $50k!!