Feedback on Jan's gut...

bobke said:
This is too funny for words. Before going to bed last night, my son who races competetively called me into his room screaming. He shows me this pic from cyclingnews.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=photos/2006/news/jan06/t-mobile_training/IMG_4687
I explode in laughter. Without even seeing his gut you can tell from the cheeks that he is stuffed beyond belief.
All this press **** from T-Mobile from the past month about the clause in his contract, his weight being ideal etc is a bunch of baloney.
I mean all Tour riders gain 10-15 pounds Lance included after the Tour or when they stop their season. But the diff is that Ullrich has the most problems losing it.

The guy looks like he is a monster. He is sooo huge.
Something we can all agree on.
He is freekin FAT and HUGE!!!!!!
Check out his butt! Each cheek is in a different time zone!
german version of alberto tomba, ja wohl.

tour de romandie.......5 kilos
giro d' italia..............10 kilos

coming into the tour de france at prime fighting weight........priceless.

cyclingheroes said:
You are right, he is back from South Africa and trains in Italy at the moment (Tuscany)
heard on OLN today while watching the taped replay of tour de georgia that Lars Michaelsen, CSC, also lives in Tuscany

that has to be quite a challenge. all that temptation.

...i could see why jan and others would live and train there, obviously.

Feel sorry for Wonka...it's going to cost him a fortune in fudge!!!
IMG_4683.jpg

He is wearing probably a different size jersey so it is even worse than it looks. I mean it may be misfortune with his knee and all but Jan is over ...no way he will compete with guys already winning big races.

The news this week is about Jan Ullrich’s return to racing. Der Kaiser finally started his season after a knee flareup caused him to ease up on his training. The result is that Ullrich is behind in form yet again, and reporters, newsmen, bloggers and fans are all wondering just how fat is Jan Ullrich?

For the answer
http://velochimp.com/2006/04/27/jan-is-so-fat/

whiteboytrash said:
He looks fine in those pictures..... maybe this whole knee thing is a LA styled bluff and Jan has been training his **** off and will win the tour by over 20 minutes ? You never know..... :rolleyes:
We can live in hope, but not 20 minutes, that would be boring. Lets say he's 50 seconds down before the last TT then shreds the competition there to win by two minutes or something :D .

limerickman said:
Ullrich looks in good shape all right.

Giro will tell a lot for JU : if he completes the Giro (and I believe he will), it is game on at the TDF.
Looks to be pacing himself back to top form nicely.
Thumbs up Lim.... Game on... Everyone healthy, everyone ready to go.

bobke said:
Nope, at least ten pounds have to come off, at least.
He's been off the bier and strudle for some time now. He's got 1, 2, 5, 10, 58 days to lose 10lbs as you say. It goes without saying, he'll get there.

lwedge said:
Thumbs up Lim.... Game on... Everyone healthy, everyone ready to go.

Agreed : I want to see every contender coming in and doing their best, regardless of their team/nationality.

limerickman said:
Agreed : I want to see every contender coming in and doing their best, regardless of their team/nationality.
In about 30 minutes i will go to Seraing (Liège) i am exited that the first grand tour will start today, by the way Jan said in a pressconference yesterday that he wants to win the Giro but not this year. A couple of months ago i already heard that Jan wants to race in 2007 as well, but won't focus on the TdF alone anymore (that it was all or nothing this year), he would focus on the Giro and the Ardennes... Pevenage said (yesterday) that he believes Jan will race another couple of years.

cyclingheroes said:
In about 30 minutes i will go to Seraing (Liège) i am exited that the first grand tour will start today, by the way Jan said in a pressconference yesterday that he wants to win the Giro but not this year. A couple of months ago i already heard that Jan wants to race in 2007 as well, but won't focus on the TdF alone anymore (that it was all or nothing this year), he would focus on the Giro and the Ardennes... Pevenage said (yesterday) that he believes Jan will race another couple of years.

Looking forward to the pictures :)

cyclingheroes said:

CH : enjoy yourself in Liège (you lucky bugger!).

I think all cycling fans look forward to the start of the GT's season, I know I do.

That's a very positive view expressed by Pev and JU.

Hopefully the first two weeks will be easy enough for JU to find some form before the really big mountains. All the stages up to stage 16 are OK, with either only one mountain in them or two but a downhill finish. Then 17,19,20 will cause a fair few rides to bail out. Tough stages for the autobus as well as the lead contenders. Hopefully JU's form will have picked up enough by those three killer stages to mean he has a chance of completing them, then competing in July ;) .