Hey Lance, did you hear..

roadhouse said:
that Barry Bonds was indicted by a federal grand jury and they're seeking even more charges? Oh, you are so fuxored. Lie, go to prison. Tell the truth, go to prison and this tain't no Monopoly game, there's no get out of jail free card for you, bub.

Bonds' indictment sparks talk throughout baseball - USATODAY.com

You realize that article was from 2007 or are you just stuck in the same timewarp that Tony Z is in.

swampy1970 said:
You realize that article was from 2007 or are you just stuck in the same timewarp that Tony Z is in.

Roger Clemens would have been a better example. Just indicted a few days ago.

Roger Clemens indicted for making false statements to Congress - ESPN

The Barry Bond's trial is scheduled to start in March of 2011, only about 3 1/2 years after the indictment. He'll probably get probation, maybe a weekend in the clink and community service.

swampy1970 said:

I would tell this person he's 'dumb as a doorknob', but I wouldn't want to insult the doorknob...:DLOL!

tonyzackery said:
I would tell this person he's 'dumb as a doorknob', but I wouldn't want to insult the doorknob...:DLOL!

... but first you'd actually have to figure out what a doorknob is.

i will tell this person, but first you will figure out this............... so carry on!

pennstater said:
Roger Clemens would have been a better example. Just indicted a few days ago.

Roger Clemens indicted for making false statements to Congress - ESPN

The Barry Bond's trial is scheduled to start in March of 2011, only about 3 1/2 years after the indictment. He'll probably get probation, maybe a weekend in the clink and community service.

tired as hell is what it is. i just saw a fleeting glimpse on the news of a baseball player being indicted the other day and i google searched it and well, you people saw what i did although it was Bonds they were talking about, more charges being brought against him.

phuck all of you anywho. :D

The thing is, unlike Bonds or Clemons, Lance has over 300 tests with no positives going for him and because of that nothing will stick to him.

Yojimbo_ said:
The thing is, unlike Bonds or Clemons, Lance has over 300 tests with no positives going for him and because of that nothing will stick to him.

is there still a market for this red herring? marion jones and so many others also used the "i've never tested positive" dodge and they still turned up dirty. had it not been for one test, landis would have beaten the labs and kept his tour victory. the difference this time around is that it is an investigation being run by the federal government and not just investigative journalism turning up the dirt in armstrong's garden.

as a side note, why would someone who likes his "credibility" have to hire a spin doctor?

slovakguy said:
is there still a market for this red herring? marion jones and so many others also used the "i've never tested positive" dodge and they still turned up dirty.....

Are you serious? Do you know the facts of the Marion Jones case?

No indictments were initially brought against her due to lack of sufficient evidence. As in.....even though there were lots of rumours zooming around and other people had stated they had seen her using PEDs, she had not failed any drug tests. This is exactly what is going to happen to Lance.

Jones was convicted only after she confessed due to a guilty conscience.

Yojimbo_ said:

No indictments were initially brought against her due to lack of sufficient evidence. As in.....even though there were lots of rumours zooming around and other people had stated they had seen her using PEDs, she had not failed any drug tests. This is exactly what is going to happen to Lance.

I highly doubt that. If that were true, should wouldn't have carried her charade as far as she did. You call it "guilty conscience", I'll call it "Federal authority coercion"...

Yojimbo_ said:

i believe it was the information of her ex husband which helped bring about the end of her athletic cateer, he being caught doping and under ban from competition. so these were more than just "rumours." and just like with the bonds case, were his personal trainer to translate the code words employed in the "training" regime that balco cooked up for bonds, there would be little doubt as to his use of p.e.d.'s. of course, you are welcome to buy in on bonds' "i thought it was flaxseed oil making my head inflate" rationalisation or even mcgwire's "i'm not here to discuss the past" defense or even sammy sosa's brilliant "no hablo" defense. what i can not understand is the refrain armstrong's supporters trot out about his "clean" record of dope tests. i will only offer that of the riders of the 90's and 00's, armstrong played the system much better than any of his competitors.

so, basically, i'm aware of jones' downfall. i will thank you for pointing out that she also passed all those drug tests in and out of competition. all this really goes to prove is that ***** voets wasn't exaggerating when he wrote of how easy it is to dodge the positive.

slovakguy said:
i believe it was the information of her ex husband which helped bring about the end of her athletic cateer, he being caught doping and under ban from competition. so these were more than just "rumours." and just like with the bonds case, were his personal trainer to translate the code words employed in the "training" regime that balco cooked up for bonds, there would be little doubt as to his use of p.e.d.'s. of course, you are welcome to buy in on bonds' "i thought it was flaxseed oil making my head inflate" rationalisation or even mcgwire's "i'm not here to discuss the past" defense or even sammy sosa's brilliant "no hablo" defense. what i can not understand is the refrain armstrong's supporters trot out about his "clean" record of dope tests. i will only offer that of the riders of the 90's and 00's, armstrong played the system much better than any of his competitors.

so, basically, i'm aware of jones' downfall. i will thank you for pointing out that she also passed all those drug tests in and out of competition. all this really goes to prove is that ***** voets wasn't exaggerating when he wrote of how easy it is to dodge the positive.

You're aware of Jones' downfall, yet you fail to mention that only one year before she admitted to taking steroids that she actually tested postive for EPO at a track and field meet but oddly her B sample, done several months later, came back negative...

You also fail to mention her involvement and much court shenanigans regarding her involvement in the check fraud scheme a year before her admission that she took performance enhancing drugs and that the majority of her perjury sentence was related to said check fraud and not the taking of steroids. They had evidence up the yin-yang on the check fraud but couldn't actually nail her on the steroids. Some have suggested a bargain was done to appease Novitzky, as check fraud on that scale normally carries way more than 6 months.

... seeing that you seemed to miss the major points, are you sure you're aware of what went on?

Just wondering.

so, you're cementing my point that the whole "never tested positive" defense is bankrupt?

as i stated, regarding jones, there were more than just rumours of her ped usage. and the government gained a conviction on charges unrelated to her atheletic misdeeds. i doubt it's really necessary to remind you that the government never convicted capone on murder, extortion or racketeering charges but on tax evasion. so we already understand that the prosecutor's will try and convict on the charges they can prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

moving forward to the armstrong affair, then, it is well within the realm of possibility that the investigation may not be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt the charge of systematic doping at usps. and yet they may discover other actions which can result in a conviction in the courts. so again, it really matters very little if armstrong passed all those doping controls.

"... seeing that you seemed to misread and misrepresent the major points, are you sure" you can read?
"Just wondering."

Yojimbo_ said:

This is exactly correct. You can't convict someone if there's no evidence, other then hearsay. Remember the Salem witch trials? They convicted "witchs" and executed them without any evidence just hearsay, thus there were people who didn't like a neighbor and would testify they saw the neighbor flying around on a broom late at night. Is this what you want to happen to Lance? You have to have evidence and until that happens you don't have a case just a lot of wasted money for lawyers.