Homophobia amoungst cyclists

pomod said:
I'm saying someone else’s "lifestyle" is their own business not yours or mine and definitely not the states. Whether you agree or disagree is inmaterial and an opinion you can only reach by viewing it as other to your own. That establishes a hierarchy of one "life style" is better than the next or more moral than the next and who are you or anyone to declare that. That kind of judgment is irrational when we are talking about something as benign as sexual orientation hence the term homophobic. Whether a person is genetically predisposed or is socialized to be homosexual is immaterial. One thing that is socialized however, is any opinion you or I may have on gender orientation.
Reminds me of a quote by Wm. Shakespeare: "Nothing is either good or bad, thinking merely makes it so" It may be termed a "lifestyle" because procreation is'nt involved.

szbert said:
Morality is based in religion. Where else would you get morality? Those who say, "from my heart" or "I just know what is right" have a selfish attitude that would justify 6 billion moralities, and an anything goes culture.
Those who say, "I'm not judgemental" are just weak minded.
I'm an athiest & i don't kill, pillage or rape because I choose not to. I don't need a book to tell me that :confused: . You think something does'nt exist if it has'nt been written down ? The only reason you agree w/ those pricipals is that is conveiniently tied into your religion. On the same note, well over 1/2 of all war's can be directly attributed to religion. Please think before you posting sweeping generalizations & disparage the reasoning capabilities of humans. I regret to say, this thread is an invitation to dischord.

szbert said:
Diversity is just more political correctness social censoring. People need to stand up against immorality and evil. Homosexuals should not be feared, or hated, or ostricized. That doesn't mean you have to accept their actions. You can hate the sin, and love the sinner.
So, are you saying 'stand up against the repub. party' :confused:
People need to stand up against immorality and evil.

ItsikH said:
You could say that again :eek: ! I consider road cycling in Israel an extreme sport... There are beautiful roads, with less traffic, if you are willing to travel a little. Tomorrow I intend to cycle from Be'er-Sheva to Eilat, which is about 240 km, of which only the first 30 are busy, and the last 160 are practically empty desert, even though tomorrow is Friday and it is a holiday so we expect a bit more traffic than usual. There are some great desert views along the way. If we have time we will do Akrabim Ascent on the way back - 3 km of steep twisted climb with a great view to Tsin valley, and later on through the coloured rocks of the craters.
Another beautiful road is the old road to Jerusalem - the holy grail climb for cyclers here. I believe it is the hardest climb in the country, and I have done most of them, and also many in Spain - this is indeed a tough one, short though (only 8 km) with a great view, especially on clear days. There are other beautiful roads near Jerusalem.
There are many more beautiful roads in the Galillee and mt. Carmel, but traffic there is usually busier. Golan heights and mt. Hermon are famous cycling challenges, not only because they are quite difficult but also because of the treacherous weather and winds. Golan used to be the location of many competitions, road and off-road. The air up there is incredibly clear and cool, with very little traffic.
Shalom Itsik,
I remember not long ago chatting about sleeping under the stars in the Negev desert, and the climb on the old road from Tel- Aviv to Jerusalaim. You told me about your tour of the Negev that you were going to do in October. Have you got me know? Moved, and changed my name. Can I give you some advice bevakashav, Dont get involved with guns or homophobia, it doesn't fit in anywhere in cycling terms. We, here are licensed to shoot your food if it so pertains. On the other hand same sex relationships are a matter of personal preference, and are personal to the persons involved. There is no point to be gained in ponticating about humanity in it's minority, therefore in this country it's live and let live, and so be it in Eretz Israel when they decide to be more tolerant.

Sure, I do all the time.

The Patriot act, Bush senior's gun ban & tax increase (Oh hell, all kinds of Bush senior stuff was evil), no child left behind, homosexual marriage ammendment, just about anything specter, mccain, hagel or lugar do, lot's of stupid **** the publican's have done or tried to do.

davidmc said:
So, are you saying 'stand up against the repub. party' :confused:

I don't think that there is homophobia amongst cyclists.
I certainly have not heard of any insults being made against those cyclists who are homosexual.

I am heterosexual.
My religion states that the homosexual lifestyle is immoral.
However, we are also told that, as Roman Catholics, we must be tolerant to people who are homosexual.
I have no prejudice against homosexuals.

There are more improtant issues in this world to oppose outright and homosexuality is not one of them, in my opinion.

Who cares if a cyclist is homosexual? I sure as hell don't. We're all out there together, us against the nuts in cars and trucks, doing something that hurts no one, improves our health, etc.

I think this thread has worn out it's usefulness. If someone has the energy to care whether the person next to them in the peleton is homosexual or heteresexual, they're not riding hard enough.

Now, if that other person has a way cool bike, much better say than mine --- well, accidents can happen!:)

It's like we teach SCUBA diving students. The reason divers always carry knives is in case their dive buddy drowns - we can cut their equipment off and keep it.:D

limerickman said:
I don't think that there is homophobia amongst cyclists.
I certainly have not heard of any insults being made against those cyclists who are homosexual.

I am heterosexual.
My religion states that the homosexual lifestyle is immoral.
However, we are also told that, as Roman Catholics, we must be tolerant to people who are homosexual.
I have no prejudice against homosexuals.

There are more improtant issues in this world to oppose outright and homosexuality is not one of them, in my opinion.

limerickman said:
Quel surprise.
Oh goody goody well done Lim. Erevtov vey shalom. god bless the pope, the crusaders, the Sabrees, the druze, david, solomon, ashkenazis in the knesset. Where do you lot of Americans want to start. With the senate. I think we should start off with the simple question, and that is " What is the percentage of the population of US citizens that disagree with Israels illegal actions in stealing the occupied lands?

That would be a different thread, douche bag.
FredC said:
Oh goody goody well done Lim. Erevtov vey shalom. god bless the pope, the crusaders, the Sabrees, the druze, david, solomon, ashkenazis in the knesset. Where do you lot of Americans want to start. With the senate. I think we should start off with the simple question, and that is " What is the percentage of the population of US citizens that disagree with Israels illegal actions in stealing the occupied lands?

FredC said:

I'll give you the answer - none of them disagree with the Jewish/Israeli theft.

The assimilation is complete.
Quote Ariel Sharon : "Everyone knows that we control America"

szbert said:
That would be a different thread, douche bag.
Sorry Bert,
Explain better will you. Douche is a French word for a shower, and is also an aid for vaginal cleansing used in Europe. We like going down, no wonder that you lot need herpes treatment.

Azulene said:
My friends, did you know that heterosexual fornication, heterosexual adultery, heterosexual rape, heterosexual domestic violence, heterosexual child abuse, heterosexual divorce, heterosexual murder, and all other heterosexual threats to the family are 100 percent caused by homosexuals? Likewise, shotgun weddings, Las Vegas elopements, Britney Spears weddings, and all other perversions of holy matrimony are entirely the fault of the homosexual conspiracy! There hasn't been a greater threat to the "traditional family" since Demon Rum! But Prohibition failed to "save the family," so now prohibiting gays and lesbians from getting married is "the last great battle in the Culture War!"
Traditional prejudices must be respected!
When I saw Demon Rum, it reminded me of that great social writer and observer of humanity in all its frailties. Damon Runyon.

szbert said:
1) I Don't care much about ancient perversity. Those you listed were all pagans.
2) I Don't care if someone on the group ride or in the race peleton is homosexual, hetersexual, asexual or other. Mostly care about them pointing out potholes, being good company on the ride and basically being decent riders.
3) The title of the thread is flawed. Homophobia is a stupid term coined to deride those who do not agree that homosexual behavior is normal and moral.
Oh Yeh, and you don't hear pagans banging on about "God is on their side" and then go about killing people. I agree with the rest though, I must be in a good mood. Who told them they could hijack those nice words gay and pink. They ruined millions of childrens stories, the bastards.

Azulene said:
100 of the rights, responsibilities and protections that would be denied to same-sex couples and their families under state law.

1. No automatic right to make health care decisions for partner
2. No automatic right to visit partner in the hospital
3. No right to sue for wrongful death if partner negligently killed
4. No right to consent or refuse consent to an autopsy of partner’s body
5. No vested right to be buried in cemetery plot with partner
6. No automatic right to inherit cemetery plot
7. No automatic right to make arrangements for funeral or dispose of deceased partner’s body
8. No right to donate partner's body or organs after death
9. No automatic right to inherit deceased partner’s estate
10. A prior will is not automatically revoked when entering a new relationship
11. A prior will is not automatically revoked when the relationship ends
12. No right to be notified in a public notice before partner’s will is destroyed by an attorney
13. No preference to be appointed personal representative of deceased partner’s estate
14. No right to continue to live in the deceased partner’s home for one year after partner’s death
15. No automatic right to notice in matters involving deceased partner’s estate
16. No right to support from deceased partner’s estate 17. No right to demand one-quarter share of partner's estate if will leaves less than that
18. No automatic right to notice that a conservatorship or guardianship is being filed against partner unless currently living together
19. May not get highest preference by court to be appointed as guardian or conservator for incapacitated partner
20. No right to private visits in long-term care facility
21. No right to share a room in long-term care facility
22. No right to file joint tax returns
23. No right to name partner as health care decision-maker when partner is serving as physician
24. No right to rollover IRA upon partner’s death and continue tax deferral
25. Surviving partner may have to pay inheritance tax when first partner dies
26. No automatic right to receive deceased partner’s unpaid state salary and other moneys due
27. No right to maintain deceased veteran's property tax exemption
28. No right to claim senior or disabled property tax deferral when property is jointly owned but only one partner qualifies
29. No right to continue deferral of previous taxes deferred by deceased partner even though surviving partner is currently eligible for deferral
30. No protection against impoverishment if disabled partner needs Medicaid benefits for long-term care
31. Cannot transfer residence or other assets to partner without causing the disabled partner to become ineligible for Medicaid
32. When partner who received Medicaid dies, the state can recover the amount paid against the estate of the deceased partner even while the surviving partner is still alive
33. No right to require suppliers to repurchase deceased retailer’s inventory
34. Partner of retailer has no cause of action against non-paying suppliers on cancellation of a retailer agreement
35. Not automatically an “authorized driver” on partner’s rental car
36. No absolute right to transfer a franchise or dealership to partner
37. No right to be a designated successor in deceased partner’s retail dealership
38. No right to partner’s Oregon Medical Insurance Pool coverage
39. No automotive personal injury protection benefits for partner
40. No right to coverage under partner’s health benefit plan
41. No automatic right to obtain life insurance on partner
42. No uninsured motorist insurance coverage for partner
43. No right to spousal cash surrender valuation of term life insurance on partner
44. No right to coverage under deceased partner’s group health insurance plan.
45. No protection for partner’s home in bankruptcy
46. Private conversations with partner are not protected in court
47. Conversations with a marriage counselor are not protected in court
48. No automatic education on fetal alcohol syndrome 49. No court-ordered counseling upon divorce
50. No court-ordered life insurance upon divorce
51. Partner not responsible for family expenses
52. No automatic paternity for children
53. Must testify against partner in a court case
54. Must surrender home to satisfy lien for partner’s unpaid medical treatment in long-term care facility
55. No right to sue long-term care facility that fails to discharge lien in a timely manner once overdue charges for partner are paid
56. No right to avoid court appointment of a property manager during foreclosure of partner’s home
57. No right to maintain a dwelling on EFU (exclusive farm use) property even if occupied by farm operator’s partner
58. No right to maintain a dwelling in a farm or forest zone even if lawfully created or acquired by the owner’s partner
59. No right as a partner to a landowner to obtain a “landowner preference tag” for hunting from the Fish & Wildlife Commission
60. No right to examine or get copy of autopsy report of deceased partner
61. No right to receive personal effects from deceased partner’s body
62. No access to partner’s death record
63. No automatic right of survivorship for jointly owned real property
64. No right to sell property qualified for farm use assessment to partner without disqualification
65. No right to loss of support payments from the state crime victims’ compensation fund if partner killed in a crime
66. No right to family therapy from state crime victims’ compensation fund in case of child sexual abuse
67. No right to crisis counseling through state crime victims’ compensation fund if partner is a victim of international terrorism
68. No right to exclude capital gain on principal residence based on partner’s ownership
69. Must pay taxes on employer health insurance benefits for partner
70. No right to deduct partner’s medical expenses on income tax return
71. No right to receive deceased partner’s wages
72. No right to deceased partner's wage claim against non-paying employer
73. No right to work on partner's farm for less than minimum wage
74. No eligibility for scholarship if partner is disabled or killed on the job
75. No right to sue for partner's death that was a result of an unsafe workplace
76. No right to workers’ compensation benefits if partner disabled or killed on the job
77. No right to opt out of workers’ compensation insurance as a family business
78. No right to sue non-employer for negligently killing partner on the job
79. No right to continue workers’ compensation benefits until remarriage if partner is killed or disabled on the job
80. Required to comply with childcare facility regulations when caring only for partner's children
81. No automatic right to special retirement benefit after death of partner who was a police officer or a firefighter
82. No right as unmarried couple with children to be treated as married for workers’ compensation rights and benefits
83. No automatic right to partner’s group insurance provided by public retirement system.
84. No right to opt out of unemployment insurance as a family business
85. No right to receive deceased partner’s unemployment benefits
86. Required to comply with farm labor contractor regulations when working only with partner
87. Subjected to employment discrimination laws when hiring partner in family business
88. Employer can refuse to hire or discharge employee because it employs or has employed partner
89. No protection through emergency court orders in case of divorce
90. No tax exemption for dividing property upon divorce
91. No dividing retirement plans upon divorce
92. No automatic right to receive partner’s judicial retirement pension
93. No automatic right to make retirement selection from deceased partner’s public employee retirement benefit
94. No automatic right to partner’s pre-Medicare insurance benefit provided by public retirement system
95. No automatic right to partner’s Medicare supplemental insurance paid for by public retirement system
96. No automatic right to approve partner’s public employee retirement choices
97. No automatic right to special pre-retirement public employee retirement benefit after death of partner who was a judge
98. No right for partner of disabled or killed public safety officer to Public Safety Memorial Fund benefits 99. No automatic right to receive partner’s public employment benefits
100. No right to retired partner’s health insurance offered by local government employers
Sounds about right in your God Bless America civilised hypocritical tolerant society. Loooooong way to go.

Azulene said:
My friends, did you know that heterosexual fornication, heterosexual adultery, heterosexual rape, heterosexual domestic violence, heterosexual child abuse, heterosexual divorce, heterosexual murder, and all other heterosexual threats to the family are 100 percent caused by homosexuals? Likewise, shotgun weddings, Las Vegas elopements, Britney Spears weddings, and all other perversions of holy matrimony are entirely the fault of the homosexual conspiracy! There hasn't been a greater threat to the "traditional family" since Demon Rum! But Prohibition failed to "save the family," so now prohibiting gays and lesbians from getting married is "the last great battle in the Culture War!"
Traditional prejudices must be respected!
I agree, There was a couple who lived in the same apartment building as i. Out of all of the units (6), theirs was one of the few w/o any disturbances whatsoever. There are extremist's on both sides but i would submit that homosexuals are more law abiding, by far, than hetero's. There are domestic disturbances, all the time, but few by homosexuals.

szbert said:
Sure, I do all the time.

The Patriot act, Bush senior's gun ban & tax increase (Oh hell, all kinds of Bush senior stuff was evil), no child left behind, homosexual marriage ammendment, just about anything specter, mccain, hagel or lugar do, lot's of stupid **** the publican's have done or tried to do.
Is it a coincidence, what are the odd's :confused: , that all 3 of the repub's; you mentioned are "calling bush on the carpet" for actions inre: iraq within the last week. With this admin., question them & you are banished (they won't play w/ you anymore) Sounds like a "spoiled kid" mentality. Like when Cheney banished the NYT from travelling on AF2. Don't want to hear dissent? Let me see, who else did'nt like hearing dissent in the recent past? thinking...thinking...thinking...Saddam Hussein :eek:

limerickman said:
I'll give you the answer - none of them disagree with the Jewish/Israeli theft.

The assimilation is complete.
Quote Ariel Sharon : "Everyone knows that we control America"
Did he really say that? I don't doubt it seeing as we give them a $12 billion "gift" every year. I guess repub's don't mind "kicking in" that part of their taxes every year :)
No, as far as repub's go, we know that they deem taxes evil, correct?. But as far as how they are apportioned, i believe many won't object to the gift. I had a palestinian friend who, for good reason, objected to it, rightly so.

davidmc said:
Did he really say that? I don't doubt it seeing as we give them a $12 billion "gift" every year. I guess repub's don't mind "kicking in" that part of their taxes every year :)
That 12 billion gift that Israel gets every year including when Democrats are in the White House? So now the support of Israel is a Republican/Democrat issue?
Since 1948 Israel has gotten support from the US regardless of the party in power.