I quit Ferraris because they are too expensive!

swampy1970 said:
Don't you have another sub-forum to lurk in and write about 4 bazzilion words about how Armstrong doped and then go train for your d grade road race with geriatric women?
hurt me.deep inside.crying now.

swampy1970 said:
then go train for your d grade road race with geriatric women?
Here is A grade in Melbourne on a quiet day!

Still a few Olympians, a Giro rider, a current World Champion and an Australian pro squad though. And thats without Jono and the other usual domestic pros. We'd drop you like a rock fool.
tongue.gif

We'd also drop you on this training ride too.

Geoff Vadar said:

Still a few Olympians, a Giro rider, a current World Champion and an Australian pro squad though. And thats without Jono and the other usual domestic pros. We'd drop you like a rock fool.
tongue.gif

Just a quick question - is that what all the crits are like? Where's the corners?

swampy1970 said:
Just a quick question - is that what all the crits are like? Where's the corners?
Sorry can you please confirm this: You are asking me where the corners are on a square circuit? Awesome.

They are straight forward though on that course because its very wide so its generally quick. But with 80 blokes it can get problematic strategically unless you get off the front early. Some guys do hate it though for being too 'boring'. Those guys generally never get a place or win. Amazingly there are lots of courses in Australia. Amazing but true.

Did your insult work? I hope it worked for you.

Geoff Vadar said:

tongue.gif

Wow. Impressive, or at least it must be since you used the words "Olympians", "Giro", and "World Champion." I guess that means it's time for everyone to start measuring their dicks.:rolleyes:

alienator said:
Wow. Impressive, or at least it must be since you used the words "Olympians", "Giro", and "World Champion." I guess that means it's time for everyone to start measuring their dicks.:rolleyes:
I milked it for all it was worth.
tongue.gif

Geoff Vadar said:

yeh Wade chose possibly the worst week alll year to film!

Shoulda had the camera on when you slack cnuts average 46 but we still lapped ya:p
Yes Alienater, my E-pee is huge.

Jono L said:
yeh Wade chose possibly the worst week alll year to film!

Shoulda had the camera on when you slack cnuts average 46 but we still lapped ya:p
Yes Alienater, my E-pee is huge.
Yeah I know it was lame. I wasnt there (big deal lol), you werent there, no nankervis or rowbottom, or Braunsteins or any of the super cool kids with real grunt. Oh well.

You need to drag lama down! We need to feel the full powar of the State Masters Champion!!
smile.gif

Geoff Vadar said:
Sorry can you please confirm this: You are asking me where the corners are on a square circuit? Awesome.

They are straight forward though on that course because its very wide so its generally quick. But with 80 blokes it can get problematic strategically unless you get off the front early. Some guys do hate it though for being too 'boring'. Those guys generally never get a place or win. Amazingly there are lots of courses in Australia. Amazing but true.

Did your insult work? I hope it worked for you.
It wasn't an insult - it was a question. Damn, is it that time of month where you need a bit more absorbant padding in the shorts to supplement the chamois?

I've never ridden a crit where you could carry all your speed through all of the corners, let alone pedal through them, sometimes out of the saddle.

That looks more like a good fast fun training ride. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like Jono said 46kph gets you lapped. I've popped off 46kph rides in evening time trials on my little red steel bike (see my avatar) so doing that in a bunch is like a good fast training ride.

... and since you're a name dropping SOB, try dealing with having Boardman and his track team mates putting the hammer down and see how long you last. Aint no time to be swanning around averaging under 50kph, riding on the tops and smiling for the camera - and that's with corners you have to slow down to 40kph and jump many times a lap.

I hated crits with a passion. I couldn't do the constant jumping from 40 to 55+kph and I'll be the first to admit it... but then again you keep reminding use that you "own" Melbourne or whereever it is you are, so 55kph is probably weak sauce for you.

swampy1970 said:
I hated crits with a passion. I couldn't do the constant jumping from 40 to 55+kph and I'll be the first to admit it... but then again you keep reminding use that you "own" Melbourne or whereever it is you are, so 55kph is probably weak sauce for you.
Living in the past much?

And yes I dont rate you at all. You're annoying and a ********. And a Pom.

Geoff Vadar said:
Living in the past much?

And yes I dont rate you at all. You're annoying and a ********. And a Pom.
That's good cause I don't rate me on the bike much at all either right now. Little annoying medical problems to do with pulmonary/lung function issues... I'm kinda surprised I can put out 300watts with only 78% lung capacity but that seems to be slowly getting better. That funnily enough that's about enough to hang in a bunch in the mid 40kph range or ~40kph on my own on a road bike - so yeah, like you said, I am slow.

That said, if you're in the 46kph bunch, as stated by Jono, and that's a routine thing then I don't rate you either... Didn't one of your buddies say on here last week that you were about as good at road racing as an old woman with osteoporisis?

Next time post something impressive. If you do post something like a crit that's done on roads wider than your typical UK motorway that require zero bike handling skills, then make sure you're hammering it out at speeds in excess of 32mph. Then, and only then, come back and tell me how good you are, mr King of Melbourne. With your ego I'm sure you try and stand on your handlebars and make like the dude in the remake of Titanic and shout "I'm the king of the world..." whilst beating stuey o'grady in a sprint.

... now about those Ferrari's.

swampy1970 said:
Little annoying medical problems to do with pulmonary/lung function issues... I'm kinda surprised I can put out 300watts with only 78% lung capacity but that seems to be slowly getting better. That funnily enough that's about enough to hang in a bunch in the mid 40kph range or ~40kph on my own on a road bike - so yeah, like you said, I am slow.
God you sound like a ****head. I would have so much fun racing you cos I wouldnt give a flying **** if I slammed you into the gutter and off that poofy red bike. 300watts? Lolz you would need to bring a lot more than that little fella. 78% lung capacity? does anyone care?

Swamp Rat said:
Next time post something impressive. If you do post something like a crit that's done on roads wider than your typical UK motorway that require zero bike handling skills, then make sure you're hammering it out at speeds in excess of 32mph.
No one averages over 32mph in a crit at glenvale you ******. Do we crank out 55kmh at times - ofcourse. An average speed of 46kmh for a 70 minute Sunday morning criterium on that circuit is par for the course for A grade. A field of 80 riders in A grade on a square circuit is problematic to raising the average speed for obvious reasons. Mostly due to tactical blocking and secondly due to going 'neutral' at times to get around the other grades racing on the course at the same time.

If you want to tell us fairy land stories how you average 52kph in your crits with boardman back in 1946 on a hotdog course when you weren't a retarded hack coughing up a lung like today then go right ahead. I wont believe you.

I dont think the video was much chop either but it was a unqiue view of a crit so I thought it was worth sharing. Ofcourse the racing isnt cut throat because its a sunday morning club crit when hardly anyone turned up.

Getting lapped by jono one time isnt something to be too upset about either. He happens to be a world class u/23.

Geoff Vadar said:
God you sound like a ****head. I would have so much fun racing you cos I wouldnt give a flying **** if I slammed you into the gutter and off that poofy red bike. 300watts? Lolz you would need to bring a lot more than that little fella. 78% lung capacity? does anyone care?

No one averages over 32mph in a crit at glenvale you ******. Do we crank out 55kmh at times - ofcourse. An average speed of 46kmh for a 70 minute Sunday morning criterium on that circuit is par for the course for A grade. A field of 80 riders in A grade on a square circuit is problematic to raising the average speed for obvious reasons. Mostly due to tactical blocking and secondly due to going 'neutral' at times to get around the other grades racing on the course at the same time.

If you want to tell us fairy land stories how you average 52kph in your crits with boardman back in 1946 on a hotdog course when you weren't a retarded hack coughing up a lung like today then go right ahead. I wont believe you.

I dont think the video was much chop either but it was a unqiue view of a crit so I thought it was worth sharing. Ofcourse the racing isnt cut throat because its a sunday morning club crit when hardly anyone turned up.

Getting lapped by jono one time isnt something to be too upset about either. He happens to be a world class u/23.

Wow. You tell me to ease up, and here you come off like a flaming asshole. I'd like to see your pathetic ass trying to race with 78% lung capacity. Compared to racing at sea level, it's equivalent to racing at 7,000 ft. You sound like JTE83, except with a little 'roid rage goin' on.

Anyone that rags on someone else's physical issues is a ********.

The video was actually grouse but what I mean is that the video was **** in that it didnt show off a typical A grade crit as well as it could with a lot of the regulars missing.

As for bringing the 78% lung capacity into the argument - that was not of my choosing. He raised it in an pathetic attempt to big note himself.

If a mate wins a race and we all pat him on the back and then some clown rolls over and says something along the lines 'yeah well my lungs are only at 78% otherwise I would of won.'

I will be the first to call him a ****head everytime. And that he can take his non functioning lungs and **** orf.

Many people have health 'issues' surrounding their ability to compete. Some choose to get on with it and make the best of it and others choose to bring it up over and over and over again.

Geoff Vadar said:

Did I say that getting lapped by Jono was something to be upset about, given that I don't know who Jono is? Maybe I should grab a bottle of mystical "ESP" and magically know who half these guys are... I just infered that 46kph wasn't all that fast for a crit, especially one where you don't have to slow down for corners. I'd be pretty impressed if you told me that you rode off the front for the last half of the race at 46+ and won.

Having different classes shouldn't be an issue racing. We raced on narrower courses than that and sometimes they'd turn into a handicap event we'd you'd have several categories out there with the slower categories being set off first with the intention of the it being a mass finish - if the handicapper got it right all the groups would come together on the last lap.

With roads that wide - you'd need a field of about 120 and have a couple of course marshalls viewing from their own buses before things started getting conjested.

Hey, don't rag on me for having the misfortune of being in pretty much the same part of the country as most of the fast lads and better amateur teams. I sure as hell didn't enjoy having my ass handed too me and my legs ripped off... but it was damn good training while I could hang with them. I much rather have a good hilly road race somewhere - something that my 140lb skinny ass was much better suited too.

I dig watching bike racing and videos - but if you're gonna make out like I'm going to be over-awed, put something up that shows a bit more speed and some good bike handling. You've been making out that crits down there are there best there is anywhere and you've been ripping all the american lads on here about how **** crits are here and how their bike handling skills are **** - and then you post something that aint fast and has corners so wide you could land a 747 or Galaxy C5 transport plane there... even the town center crits here have a way more interesting course, narrow streets, sharp off camber corners and a nasty hill. Show me 30+mph, narrow streets and a long pace line that's looking like it's going to snap any moment.

Besides, right now, the longer rides up in the high Sierra Nevada's look much more intesting - 198miles and 20,000ft of climbing in some of the best scenery on the planet and I'll keep doing that until I can actually breathe properly again. I know... breathing problem and spending a lot of time over 8,000ft don't really go too well together.

Since this thread started with a reference to cars, I'll just point out that you make more noise than my 500hp big block camaro but don't sound as good and lack the go...

swampy1970 said:
Besides, right now, the longer rides up in the high Sierra Nevada's look much more intesting - 198miles and 20,000ft of climbing in some of the best scenery on the planet and I'll keep doing that until I can actually breathe properly again. I know... breathing problem and spending a lot of time over 8,000ft don't really go too well together.

Since this thread started with a reference to cars, I'll just point out that you make more noise than my 500hp big block camaro but don't sound as good and lack the go...

So the reduced lung capacity is transient, not chronic?

With deference to the car crowd there ain't nothin' that amps up a soul like a superbike spec Ducati 1198 or an Aprilia RSV1000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmsrlCLZ1Xc&feature=related

swampy1970 said:
... I just infered that 46kph wasn't all that fast for a crit, especially one where you don't have to slow down for corners. I'd be pretty impressed if you told me that you rode off the front for the last half of the race at 46+ and won.
You need help. Lets start with your inept powers of observation. Did you notice the boys out of the saddle effectively climbing into one corner? That is because they are going up hill. It is difficult for us in Australia to maintain 55kmh through these uphill corners.

I would also advise updating your conceptual grasp of 'average speed' as opposed to 'race pace' to better facilitate future discussions.

swapy said:
198miles and 20,000ft of climbing in some of the best scenery on the planet
Yeah you are doing 198mile training rides with 20,000ft of climbing all the time aren't you. Stop making **** up.

I'm glad we dont race against each other cos my tolerance level for you would be low and I'd end up getting rubbed out for a few weeks by a comm because you sure as hell would run kicking and screaming to them I bet. Typical Pom.

Geoff Vadar said:
You need help. Lets start with your inept powers of observation. Did you notice the boys out of the saddle effectively climbing into one corner? That is because they are going up hill. It is difficult for us in Australia to maintain 55kmh through these uphill corners.

I would also advise updating your conceptual grasp of 'average speed' as opposed to 'race pace' to better facilitate future discussions.

Yeah you are doing 198mile training rides with 20,000ft of climbing all the time aren't you. Stop making **** up.

I'm glad we dont race against each other cos my tolerance level for you would be low and I'd end up getting rubbed out for a few weeks by a comm because you sure as hell would run kicking and screaming to them I bet. Typical Pom.
Low tolerance level aye? They have drugs for ADD these days... You should try some... and where's the animated LMAO emoticon when you need it - Internet threats... Oooh, I'm so scared. Watch me quake in my boots.

Did I say that I did 198 miles in training every week? Nope... don't think I did. The event that I was refering to is the AltaAlpina Challenge - organised by the folks that used to do the Deathride (129miles, 16,000ft of climbing) which uses pretty much the same roads - but the AAC saves the hard climbs until the end. During training in May/June I'd be looking at 8,000ft to 10,000ft of climbing both Saturday and Sunday and half that on Tuesday and Thursday nights - but the last two are dependant on work.

I've missed a **** load of training so far but I'm still looking to do that and it's lil' brother, The Deathride the month after. I kinda figure is going really hard is restricted by my breathing, ie it feels like trying to breath through a straw, I might as well go further and have some fun while I get my issues sorted out.

Course Profile:
AltaAlpinaChallenge.jpg

The last four climbs:

Ebbetts Pass - East side. (21km)
EbbettspassfromMonitorjunction.jpg

Ebbetts Pass - West. (8km)

EbbettspassfromHermitValley.jpg

Monitor Pass - West. (12km)

MonitorPass-West-fromMarkleeville.jpg

Monitor Pass - East (16km)

MonitorPass-East-fromTopaz395.jpg

I think the words "bite me" are quite appropriate here...

swampy1970 said:
I think the words "bite me" are quite appropriate here...
You've lost me. We've gone from discussing criteriums to somehow talking about your leisurely charity rides through the hills surrounded by lovely scenery.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway enjoy those hills. You can keep them!