Landis goes Postal

Bro Deal said:
ostrich-large.jpg

You write like you know what you're talking about but when it comes time to provide evidence you got nothing.

Yojimbo_ said:
You write like you know what you're talking about but when it comes time to provide evidence you got nothing.

Don't worry. I'm sure Bubba will be gentle with Armstrong in the federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Bro Deal said:
In the U.S. federal police are treated differently than regular police. It is a crime to lie to a federal investigator.

A quick step back to reality.

It's a crime to lie to any officer of the law... and yes, even a regular cop will use that against you in court to help push a prosecution. It ain't just the Feds.

As for the 'crack' team of feds assigned to Armstrong... I see Barry Bonds in still waiting for his day in court after how many years - and he's involved in one of the biggest scandals in the biggest US sport... and they reportedly had actual documentation from lab tests and what was administered. Can't get much more evidence than that and still they haven't nailed his ass to a cross... Hell, they haven't even managed to set a date for an actual trial in the 3 (or maybe 4) years this has been going on.

Bro Deal said:

... and I guess since your head is down in the dirt you believe that blood doping didn't happen frequently in the 80s and to a lesser extent at national level in the 70s. I don't see you getting a chub on over guys like Moser and blood doping - that guy was having his blood spun by Conconi AND Ferrari nearly 30 years ago.

swampy1970 said:
As for the 'crack' team of feds assigned to Armstrong... I see Barry Bonds in still waiting for his day in court after how many years - and he's involved in one of the biggest scandals in the biggest US sport... and they reportedly had actual documentation from lab tests and what was administered. Can't get much more evidence than that and still they haven't nailed his ass to a cross... Hell, they haven't even managed to set a date for an actual trial in the 3 (or maybe 4) years this has been going on.

Interesting your singular derision for Barry Bonds, as noted on numerous threads on cycling forum. Seeing as he's not a cyclist, what'd he do to you personally - boff your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend or something?

Considering the numerous drug and sundry other scandals involved in so many pro sports, your focus on him is most peculiar...

tonyzackery said:
Interesting your singular derision for Barry Bonds, as noted on numerous threads on cycling forum. Seeing as he's not a cyclist, what'd he do to you personally - boff your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend or something?

Considering the numerous drug and sundry other scandals involved in so many pro sports, your focus on him is most peculiar...

It's not a derision. Why do you think that? Can't your fcuking pee-brain figure out I'm taking a dig at the Feds and their lack of action or does your constant belief that 'whitey is racist' cloud your judgement.

I actually kinda liked the guy.

As a Giants fan (OK, if I watch baseball I'll root for the Giants and even go to the odd game...) I'm kinda ****** that Bonds' career has effectively been ended yet despite all the "evidence" nothing has been done about it. Nothing. Lots of court dates that eventually never happened. Lots of "the Feds said this... and the Feds said that" and still, nothing.

... and this team of crack investigators is the team that's on the Armstrong case. Which is why I mention Barry a fair bit around here. Sorry that 1+1=2 was a little bit too difficult, despite numerous posts, to put those two bits of info together.

What really p1ssed me off was the liberal fcuks removed all images and statues from PacBell Park (aka - The House that Bonds Built) because of all this. It's like they forgot who near singlehandedly brought in packed houses to that Bay Area team for the first few years back in the heart of The City.

What really p1ssed me off was the liberal fcuks removed all images and statues from PacBell Park (aka - The House that Bonds Built) because of all this. It's like they forgot who near singlehandedly brought in packed houses to that Bay Area team for the first few years back in the heart of The City.

so only "liberal fcuks" have statues removed? what a mature political view you have. not that decent people who don't care for cheats being rewarded can have statues removed. surely no conservatives would have statues removed. i mean john ashcroft only wanted the statues draped in cloth so that no one could see that the statues were nudes. what a snake that guy was, fooling bush into thinking ashcroft was a conservative. or the taliban when they had those carvings of buddha blown up in afghanistan. yep, us liberal fcuks are the torch and pitchfork crowd when it comes to getting statues removed

swampy1970 said:
It's not a derision. Why do you think that? Can't your fcuking pee-brain figure out I'm taking a dig at the Feds and their lack of action or does your constant belief that 'whitey is racist' cloud your judgement.

As a Giants fan (OK, if I watch baseball I'll root for the Giants and even go to the odd game...) I'm kinda ****** that Bonds' career has effectively been ended yet despite all the "evidence" nothing has been done about it. Nothing. Lots of court dates that eventually never happened. Lots of "the Feds said this... and the Feds said that" and still, nothing.

... and this team of crack investigators is the team that's on the Armstrong case. Which is why I mention Barry a fair bit around here. Sorry that 1+1=2 was a little bit too difficult, despite numerous posts, to put those two bits of info together.

LOL!:D A happy, well-adjusted person away from the keyboard will manifest himself how when given the opportunity to stand full exposed behind the lectern?

Bolded section: I buy that - totally. Got any listings for ocean front property in Nebraska you can sell me? Furthermore, an apology appears to be in order here as I must've misinterpreted your prior ignorantly racist comments. To characterize you or anyone who would make them as racist is ridiculous and absurd.

Appears the past returns on your emotional investments in Bonds (no pun intended) were highly satisfactory. Who's your broker? I wanna get in on the action...

You really appear to be the epitome of psychological stability. Obviously jerkin' you around is an impossibility - you're the rock. Man, I try so hard to get you worked up and panties twisted but you resist every occasion - you're a tough nut to crack - I won't even bother trying in the future;)...

swampy1970 said:
A quick step back to reality.

It's a crime to lie to any officer of the law... and yes, even a regular cop will use that against you in court to help push a prosecution. It ain't just the Feds.

Maybe you should take a step back to reality yourself because this is complete ****. No one ever went to prison for the crime of lying to the local fuzz. It is not illegal. Lying to anyone could be introduced as evidence in a trial, but the lying itself is not a crime. It is a different story for the feds.
swampy1970 said:

Bonds has not been taken down because his trainer would not talk. He went to prison instead of giving up Bonds. The courts just ruled that a lot of the evidence against Bonds cannot be used without testimony from his trainer. It also does not help that the invetigator who drove the case moved to the FDA, and his colleagues were never happy with the case.

swampy1970 said:
... and I guess since your head is down in the dirt you believe that blood doping didn't happen frequently in the 80s and to a lesser extent at national level in the 70s. I don't see you getting a chub on over guys like Moser and blood doping - that guy was having his blood spun by Conconi AND Ferrari nearly 30 years ago.

Got any evidence that it happened _frequently_. The only cases are the U.S. national team and Moser's record on the track. Dr. Conconi did not think that using transfusion during a GT was wise because of health risks.

The lengths that these chamois shiffers will go to excuse the fraud that Armstrong has perpetrated is amazing.

Bro Deal

Absolutely nothing is going to happen to Armstrong.

The whole world and his brother can come forward and say they saw "things" and they "heard" things but unless there is corroborating evidence it won't mean diddly when Armstrong rolls out the hundreds and hundreds of clean drug tests he's had over the years.

Take that ostrich head of yours out of your ass and wake up to what the real world is like.

Yojimbo_ said:
Bro Deal

Absolutely nothing is going to happen to Armstrong.

The whole world and his brother can come forward and say they saw "things" and they "heard" things but unless there is corroborating evidence it won't mean diddly when Armstrong rolls out the hundreds and hundreds of clean drug tests he's had over the years.

Yeah, gotta agree with this even though it is a travesty, IMO. Forget teflon, Johnny's get no less than T-Fal covering his rearend. Someone's gonna have to come up with a blood bag or something...Johnny's just got too much "political capital" - to steal a phrase from Bush II...

i haven't read through this entire thread but has it been brought up that it is not so much whether or not Lance even doped but rather the question at hand is was it the United States of America's money that was used in illegal proceedings, during the US Postal Team's existance which was funded via federal money, the why there has now been a United States federal investigator assigned to the case.

that is what is being sorted out, not if he ever doped albeit it is hand in hand.

swampy1970 said:

I am not familiar with Bonds or the goings on over that side of the pond.

You do seem to be fixated on this Bonds character for some reason.

Can I ask did any of Bonds team mates accuse him directly of doping?
Landis has made unambiguous statements that his team mate doped.
Did the same happen in the Bonds case?

^^^ Not gonna hijack this thread, but the above post reminded me of an entry I made on another thread:

When you witness a person that can not initially be respectful to another individual, that speaks to that person's upbringing and/or current situation in life, IMO. An angry, bitter, petulant person away from the keyboard - you'll get an even angrier, more bitter and petulant person when anonomously typing on the keyboard...

Lastly, taking these forums things too seriously will ultimately result in a quick ride to the mental asylum and an appointment with Nurse Ratched:D...

Read more: http://www.cyclingforums.com/bike-cafe/476511-freaking-holes.html#ixzz0rcQIwwRA

Even in Lance's case, due process is a wonderful thing. And does it really matter what you or "everyone" knows? Let me answer that for you - nope, not one bit. If it did, Lance would be further underneath the bus than Landis. It will forever remain that what you can prove is what really matters- and in many cases, those aspects are more than a little bit dissimilar - I realize this must be a revelation for you...

I think Lance doped. Does it matter? Obviously not. I don't defend him, I defend the proper and fair application of the process that is used to investigate individuals and try them in a court of law - and I must repeat PROPER AND FAIR APPLICATION...

limerickman said:
I am not familiar with Bonds or the goings on over that side of the pond.

You do seem to be fixated on this Bonds character for some reason.

Can I ask did any of Bonds team mates accuse him directly of doping?
Landis has made unambiguous statements that his team mate doped.
Did the same happen in the Bonds case?

The Bonds connection, with regards to this thread, is that the same bunch of Feds who have stalled in Bonds' case are the ones who will be investigating Armstrong.

With Bonds they supposedly had proof from lab documentation that he was taking a few different banned substances - something that you'd think would carry more weight than a "he said, she said" rant from someone who's been lying to all and sundry and under oath since 1996. As far as I'm aware, no statements were made from his team mates regarding doping.

Back in the early 2000's, Bonds did fail a drugs test - however, Major League Baseball didn't really have a 'banned list' as such and steroid testing didnt start until 2003. What the Feds have been trying to get him on is not a direct charge for taking 'drugs' but on a more subtle offense of lying to the Feds about knowingly taking performance enhancing drugs. Lying to the Feds carries a much stiffer penalty - one that Marrion Jones discovered. She too was part of the same investigation (against the BALCO lab) and was said to have taken "the cream" and "the clear". As with Jones, Bonds has testified that he believed he was taking flaxseed oil and a cream or arthritis.

i gotta say and to no one in particular that i'm glad to see Big Lance Armstrong out and riding, strategizing, *winning and not out from the wreck at the ToC which was ever so coincidental of Landis so in other words, not scared and doing what he needs to do, what he has planned on since returning to cycling.

* you know what i mean.