Landis' e-mails

Mr Landis is a grumpy old man old to get everyone. I hope this doesn't blow up in face.
I know that very few if any riders are clean, but does he have to drag all american riders thought the mud?
I guess HTC-Columbia will be in his gun sight soon.

Floyd may just very well may be a spiteful person but for a long, long, very long time at minimum, any and everyone up to and including professional cyclists have been complaining about cleaning up the sport.

And as typical, when the time comes, no matter how that time came to be (in this case Floyd being spiteful for his < OUCH ? > team not being allowed to race in the ToC and then himself not allowed back on Team Radio Shack or so it would seem, pretty much his pro cycling days coming to an end) people tend to forget what they wanted in the first place.

What's that old saying, "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it." ?

Nothing new here. That article was written in May and it's now August.

Bro Deal said:
This is right around the time that Leipheimer's wife was reportedly bragging to people that Leipheimer was blood boosting. Factor in his doping conviction in '96 before he even turned pro and it is not hard to add one and one together.

... because the levels of the evil drug ephidrine found in his system were off the charts!!!!!@!@!!!

But those levels supported his claim that he did, very stupidly, take an OTC medication (Claritin D). Because of this and similar offenses USA Cycling relaxed their limits slightly on what would cause a positive.

Apparently, but as I don't know the exact levels involved, Leipheimer would not have failed the test given the new standards...

... but he failed and got what he deserved.

Floyd Landis should just do the world a favor and ride out in front of a train. It would save a bullet.

The guy's an absolute d-bag to the Nth degree. He's a bitter pile of **** who has nothing to live for, and since he's probably flat-broke, he's looking for every and any way to make a buck. Floyd Landis is to cycling what Jose Canseco is to baseball.

GT Fanatic said:
Floyd Landis is to cycling what Jose Canseco is to baseball.

someone who gets no respect, but has become recognised as a truthful person when it comes to exposing the cheats within a sport?

GT Fanatic said:
Floyd Landis should just do the world a favor and ride out in front of a train. It would save a bullet.

The guy's an absolute d-bag to the Nth degree. He's a bitter pile of **** who has nothing to live for, and since he's probably flat-broke, he's looking for every and any way to make a buck. Floyd Landis is to cycling what Jose Canseco is to baseball.

The greatest thing about Landis coming forward is like this who are outraged that Armstrong's teammates are telling the truth about him. Rock on, Landis. Rock on.

smacks of the style armstrong has used so often in all his public spats. i'm surprised landis hasn't been accused of supporting cancer or denounced for being un-american by those in armstrong's camp.

The Vuelta really needs to start so we can go back to not giving a **** about this really long, really slow and really boring investigation. Wake me up when they're putting the hurt into the dopers. Yah know, in about 5 years time.

Bro Deal said:
The greatest thing about Landis coming forward is like this who are outraged that Armstrong's teammates are telling the truth about him. Rock on, Landis. Rock on.

Talk about an asshole. People in glass houses shouldn't cast stones...

Landis is a d-bag, and will never have ANY credibility amongst ANYONE.

And who ever said I was a Lance Armstrong supporter?

slovakguy said:
someone who gets no respect, but has become recognised as a truthful person when it comes to exposing the cheats within a sport?

Recognized as truthful? Yeah, so much his book is selling for $0.25!

Eldrack said:
The Vuelta really needs to start so we can go back to not giving a **** about this really long, really slow and really boring investigation. Wake me up when they're putting the hurt into the dopers. Yah know, in about 5 years time.

Heard that. We only have to wait a few more weeks for the last GT of the season. Just read Sastre may ride, but Nibali might be the man to beat. Sorry to get off topic; we can go back to the landis' emails now and talk about what is and what isn't hearsay a bit more:p

GT Fanatic said:
Landis is a d-bag, and will never have ANY credibility amongst ANYONE.

You're wrong because I find him credible. He seems to me like a man who has had a huge burden lifted from his shoulders. He may be an attention seeker and he may be motivated by spite however this doesn't prove that he's lying. In light of the evidence and, yes, some hearsay, I think he's telling the truth. One of the reasons forums exist is that we like to speculate about what we don't know based on rumour and innuendo.

Go on, call me a d-bag. Do it in capitals if you like.

he seemed to have blackmail first Bruyneel and Armstrong to become an Astana or Radio Shack cyclist ? not a very intelligent thing to do, either you blame and disgrace then dissappear (not too smart neither) or you make your way back into the sport. I feel sorry for him because some of us have been in that situation in some walk of life, let alone be it of public concern.